L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, Linalool, Tocopherol, Limonene, C12 13 Pareth 23, C12 13 Pareth 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 7/18/09

on 7/7/2010 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love the smell. Works well for my dry/damaged hair. The only bummer is the packaging...well that and the price. I find it to be somewhat expensive ($6-7 per bottle). Also water gets trapped in the cap and I find it hard to get out of the bottle. But overall I really like this product.

on 6/29/2010 4:08:00 PM

When this first came out I was a really big fan. It seemed to work pretty well, left my hair soft and smelled really good.
After a while though I started to get annoyed because of how horrible the packaging is! It comes in a little 8 oz tube, which for a long haired gal like me, it would last me a week before I was running out to buy more.
All in all, this is a good cheap sulfate free shampoo if you have short hair. For long haired gals, I wouldn't even bother.

on 6/3/2010 8:39:00 PM

I have tried many shampoos and the sulfate-free, a coupon and the need for shampoo helped in the purchase. I read in another reviewer also got an itchy head. I like the way it cleans my hair but its doing something to my scalp. I also have to wash my hair almost everyday with this shampoo. I like to go every other day.

on 6/1/2010 9:33:00 PM

I do not feel the need for a squeaky clean shampoo with sulfates so I love this shampoo. Even without the suflates it lathers up really well. It's almost as good as Aveda's Rosemary Mint but not quite. It's a good more cost efficient alternative.
The smell takes some getting used to because it reminds me of shaving cream.
My hair feels soft, clean and conditioned. I have normal hair and botticelli type curls and this doesn't weigh them down.

on 5/27/2010 1:40:00 AM

I read a lot of the negative reviews and was apprehensive, but there were enough positive ones to counteract. I went to the store especially in search of a shampoo & conditioner that wouldn't strip the color from my hair. After my first use tonight, I agree that it doesn't lather much -- the feel of the shampoo is less lathery than I'm used to. My hair also seemed weighed down in the shower. It did rinse fairly clean, however, and I'm not in the market for a squeaky-clean shampoo. After drying and styling, I must say that I'm pleased with the results. My hair feels moisturized, and the shampoo didn't strip off my color. I also really love the fresh smell.

So overall -- I give this product line a thumbs-up!

on 5/13/2010 3:21:00 PM

Be very careful with this product. At first I loooved it....and it worked extremely well, I went out and purchased every type and item in the line, told all of my girfriends about it,and used it for about a year. All of a sudden I noticed my normally silky hair becoming very dry, no matter how much I conditioned, etc....eventually it became like straw and very knotty. I finally realized after a painful few weeks that it was this shampoo and conditioner. I went back to Pantene, and in a few days time my hair started to recover. When I discussed this with my beautician, he said this is the reason he does not like sulfate free products because after a while of exclusive use it will strip the hair and make it very coarse and dry. I wish I would have discussed it with him sooner!!!

on 4/25/2010 2:45:00 PM

This is a lovely product. It smells good. I only need to shampoo once as the lather is remarkably ample and luscious (if I don't have a lot of product in my hair). I think that oil or silicone based products reduce the sudsing (maybe a chemist can help me out here). I have thin long hair and this shampoo is better than the standard drug store brands as it doesn't weigh it down and it doesn't dry out my scalp. My scalp gets dry, flaky and irritated when coated with some products. I don't have that problem with this. I typically use Davines NouNou shampoo and conditioner. I don't really care for the Davines shampoo and tried this instead. This is a good basic shampoo and the price is outstanding.

on 4/11/2010 11:45:00 AM

I bought this in "moisturizing" rather than "volumizing" or another type because I dye my hair and thought that that was drying out my hair. Well, this shampoo did a good job at lathering/cleaning and didn't strip my color. BUT since apparently I did not need the extra conditioning properties, my hair would be a massive grease ball 48 hours later. I usually can go 3 or 4 days without washing my hair under normal circumstances. I gave this and the matching conditioner to my mother to use and bought the "volumizing" instead, which works out better for me.

on 4/11/2010 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm 51 years old; have used products ranging from Suave to Kerastase. This is the first time I have ever thrown away a Shampoo product. It was OK the first couple of days; then my hair became dry, frizzy and unmanageable. I didn't even want to "use it up" on those days when you're not leaving the house!! Normally, I would give it away, but I couldn't do that to a friend. Absolutely horrible product.

on 3/30/2010 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have used all sorts of color protecting shampoos and conditioners and after getting a sample of this I purchased it and have just bought more, which is rare for me.
I have tried Aveda Color Conserve, Bumble and Bumble, Matrix and Pureology and EverPure is by far the best of the numerous kinds I have tried.
The smell is fresh, similar to an Aveda type scent.
My hair has a tendency to get greasy after just a day, but with the EverPure it doesn't happen.
When the tubes get to the end it is hard to get the last of the product out, I do wish it were in bottles rather than tubes.