September 19, 2014 | 934 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by zaintek

dries fast, my nails look instantly gorgeous with one application!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by CChest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to polish. Perfect for every day. Have already re-purchased several times. Very, very pleased with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This really IS a lighter, more polished color of the color of my nail bed! I've painted this polish on one hand and comparing it to my other non-painted hand, I have to say the difference is subtle. But at $8, Essie Mademoiselle definitely adds a little "something" - it really would be great for work, especially in a more conservative environment. I find flesh-tone, nude polish to make hands look like a mannequin, which isn't always good (can look a little freaky), but this lightens up the color of your nail bed and just makes your nails look PERFECT.

Yes, I do need 2-3 coats of this polish BUT it doesn't streak so I have no qualms whatsoever :) Plus, I find I don't necessarily even need a top coat with this polish. Less work for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by canadian

A very sheer light pink polish. Gives your nails a nice natural glossy look. It's a great everyday color and I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Too pale next to my super-fair skin tone. Just looked like a slightly, barely pink clear coat. Effective for a nude shade but boring on my toes. I wish I'd known this was a sheer shade and not opaque. Disappionted...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this shade, so natural and shiny. This is the second bottle I have purchased. My Mom used it as well and loved it. I especially like the way it just wears off, no chipping. I am pretty rough on my hands, cleaning, sports and gardening. This is perfect for a short, but polished look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkflowergirl3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely sheer pale pink...looks wonderful on my nails...will become a favorite color along with Ballet Slippers for my manicures...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by cosmopolitan3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A very nice basic nail polish. Dries pretty fast and is not streaky. Light pink but very sheer.
My nails - just prettier.
My boyfriend also likes it very much! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by MilkBar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am addicted to this! The one and only sheer I will ever use. Such a joy to apply - no streaks, perfect shade of pink and makes nails look even and healthy. An instant manicure in a bottle! Essie be praised!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by ziacoop

Against my fair skin, the polish is a barely there pink, nude enough for work. The color works with warm or cool toned outfits. I also like to wear this color on my finger nails to balance out wild colors on my toes.

The polish is chip resistant, lasting about two days longer on my nails than most drugstore brands. Chips, when they do occur, are not obvious due to the light color.

I applied three thin coats to get a salon french manicure color. Tres chic!