April 16, 2014 | 2046 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Oscillation Vibrating Infinite Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by duke27511

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

As far as mascaras go, this works really well, however I can't tell much of a difference between this one and my cheaper alternative, Clinique Lash Doubling mascara. It really does make my lashes longer and fuller looking, but so does my alternative. Also, it's way too expensive ($34), if it was cheaper I would recommend it, however, it's not. I would say just stick with your other mascara if it's working for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Evets

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to play with it a little and if I am in a hurry I might not use it. However, I can get good results if I am careful. I figured I could always use the brush with other mascaras if I didn't like the mascaara. I was surprised the mascara was so thin, I needed to apply several coats. It is definitely not waterproof at all. It comes off even with just water. I won't buy it again, because I bought it mostly for the brush and it isn't that big of a deal.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

I brought this at hong kong and seriously this is a very horrible mascara..its not user friendly,weight down your lashes,crumps up the lashes..it doesn't give volume...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by letseat

I don't know why the reviews are so low, but this is an amazing mascara! It doesn't clump at all and really gives me curly thick lashes!

The only down side is it's price and the vibrating is actually useless. I found that using it without the vibrating feature is even better. Which basically defeats the purpose of this mascara. So I guess you're better off buying a cheaper Lancome mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading all the negative reviews for this I pretty much figured it'd be crappy. It actually isn't too bad! It didn't clump and it didn't flake, which is good and not unexpected for a Lancome mascara. I do think that it looks good on, but I would not repurchase because:
1. It's too expensive to purchase that frequently.
2, It's not so good as to be worth the extra expense.
3. The oscillation aspect does not result in any better lashes than regular mascara.
4. It has a strong chemical smell, much like MAC's Zoomlash mascara.

I woludn't say it's crappy, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by idontwanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been scoping this mascara for a little while now. It is quite expensive at $38 plus tax.

I do love it though! I think it gives my lashes an intense black glossiness. The formula is on the thinner side (a plus in my book), it has the nice rose scent I enjoy.

I apply three coats and my lashes look long and have a sweet curl- even without using a curler beforehand. I have even gotten a person asking me what I use to get my lashes so long!

I think using a business card to press against the base of my lashes on my upper lid, really helps get the lashes coated evenly from root to tips.

I will definitely re-purchase this mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oscillation is everything formula, brush, application, performance I try to avoid in a mascara. As a result, this ranks as one of the worst mascaras Ive personally used.

First things first I am blessed with decent, stick straight lashes. I tend to prefer a mascara that lengthens and defines, as opposed to volumizes, though I am not averse to volume. I invest time curling my lashes and do not appreciate mascara that causes uncurling or drooping. Overall, I like the finished look to be somewhere between me-but-better and dramatic. If I can achieve all of this in a non-waterproof formula, so much the better.

Formula. Oscillation boasts one of the thinnest, runniest formulas Ive come across. I did not notice any perceptible length or volume. This was a disaster for curl and lift. I experienced minor clumping and some stuck together lashes. In all honesty, the only notable thing I can find to say about the formula is how long it takes to dry.

Brush. Oscillation uses a silicone brush that vibrates. I vastly prefer bristle brushes. In my experience, silicone brushes apply more mascara in one go than I like. Oscillation is no exception. This brush deposits a stunning amount of mascara in one pass. My lashes felt wet, which, admittedly, was a new experience for me.

Application. The vibration is intended to simulate wiggling the mascara wand back and forth. Rather than wiggle the Oscillation brush, Lancome recommends pulling the brush from base to tips in straight, slow, smooth motion. This netted me drenched, stick straight, slightly stuck together lashes. Frankly, no other application variation I attempted improved the result.

Performance. Once this dried, the wear was good. This removed easily with my regular facial cleanser and water.

Oscillation is my anti-mascara. The brush was gimmicky, the formula watery and excessively wet, and the finished results were not only unimpressive but undesirable. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Missdawn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a big Lancome mascara fan and I have pretty much tried every one of them. This one coats very well but can be a little difficult to use at first. You have to be very careful and still wiggle the wand up your eye even though the wand vibrates. If you don't then your lashes could end up horribly clumped together and very hard to seperate. Gives a very defined lash thats not subtle at all. I love the mascara but I think I could live without the vibrating brush for the extra cost.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by christinesrsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works well to separate my lashes and pull them out ( i have chinky asian eyes) but not worth $38.00 + the raised CA taxes. I didn't pay for this so good for me, but for $38.00 you can get something better, try FiberWig, Lancome definicils, Maybelline Fiberwig etc.

Pros:
separates lashes well
brings out smaller lashes
works well on bottom lashes
doesn't smear
waterproof
lengthens decently

Cons
Price, $38.00 good mascara shouldnt take good money
doesn't curl well
doesn't add volume
vibration can go out and you can't replace the battery on it

if it's around the $20.00 range I'd def buy it again but not for $38

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by iheartsu

HELL, no. When i first saw the commercial for this i was THRILLED. But when I used it, my lashes looked like flee's legs. Now flees legs can look good sometimes, but it also clumped my lashes which really sucks. No, thanks. Nevertheless this gets 2 lippies from me, because I like the vibration when I hold it in my hands, it's kinda funny xD