September 16, 2014 | 1773 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

i actually really like this product. it makes my face seemingly smooth. i went to belk and got two different powders, this one and one from clinique and this one made my face alot smoother, almost having a velvet texture. i absolutely LOVE the little powder applicator pad it comes with. i'm torn between this product and my M.A.C. skinfinish powder. they are both my HG's :) i got this in matte sand III i do believe

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For me, this was a waste of money. Dry=not enough coverage and settles in very fine lines. Wet=enough coverage but quickly dries into very fine lines--lines that I did not even know I had. Wet, dry...just terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I rated this cheap because I got it at an outlet store for about $6. I got it in Matte Bisque Fragrance Free. After slathering my face with moisturizer, I used it dry and it made an immediate difference. It also hid my spider veins without making me look made up. I will try it sometime wet with the sponge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was okay, I don't find any/limited coverage with this.
It settles int my dry skin and does not keep me matte for the whole day. Expensive product, but the packaging works.
Doesn't give me that flawless, natural looking skin I can achieve with my Rimmel Stay Matte (love!)
Does not break me out, good for dry-skin individuals.
Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by MsKimberly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product has worked really well for me so far. :) The coverage is nice and I do not require many touch ups during the day. I wear this alone on top of a light foundation! I have extremely sensitive skin and this hasn't broken me out yet. That is a VERY BIG PLUS! It honestly does remind me of Mac's Studio Fix powder, without the horrible acne associated with using that brand. I have the scented version of Dual. It's a little overpowering, but it becomes unnoticeable once applied. It's a little pricey at 37.50 but the compact will last me a while. We will see how it pans out for me in the next few months. So far I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by issallboutme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

fragrance free is awesome!!!!! stays on the WHOLE day. mattifying. a lot of color selection. quantity for price you are paying is very reasonable! LOVE IT!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

This is the powder my mother wore and it gave her aged skin a pretty diffusion and evenness belying her years. So I decided to try for my face and I really like this too. It doesn't emphasize wrinkles and will not totally cover imperfections but looks so skinlike. You can build coverage with a little effort but even with multiple layers this powder does not look chalky or heavy. I love the scent; it's very pretty and makes it a pleasure to apply. (And if this is the smell that reminds my children and grandchildren of me, I can think of way worse things!) Powder feels weightless on my skin, and doesn't make my skin or rosacea freak out. I'm a NC 25 and I wear buff. Also when you buy from Lancome they have the best GWPs

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I really like this powder. The reason I give it 4 and not 5 is because it has a very strong fragrance. If the fragrance free version came in all the colors I would be happy to change my score Lancome =).

Onto the powder itself. I think this powder foundation is best suited to dry to combo skin. I say this because it isn't oil controlling. It's a soft matte/satin finish, but it doesn't absorb anything. After a few minutes I look luminous, in a non dewy way, and I have dry skin. I've only used it dry, as I bought it only to use as a powder, and dry it goes on light to medium coverage with a kabuki or sponge. My favorite brush to use with it is the Sephora Platinum #55. It's completely non cakey, no matter how much you build it with a brush and your skin just looks effortlessly natural. It has a soft focus effect that makes up for the lower coverage by blurring the imperfections.

This foundation actually ends up being fairly cheap for a HE foundation as you get 19g of product, which is quite a bit more than other brands. Also a powder foundation that doesn't emphasize flakes and looks good on dry skin is worth it. The packaging is sleek and sophisticated and despite being a powder this foundation comes in a wide range of shades, even for women of color.

FYI I don't use the puff/sponge it comes with it, but if you did I would save the plastic tray insert so you can have a way of keeping the applicator away from the product.

***Edit*** I can achieve the same, actually better results, with MAC Careblend and the powder is even more neutral and a better color match for my skin. Ultimately I found the fragrance a bit irritating to my skin and nose so I switched to another product and took off another star.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by paulinawatson

this product is very bad as a powder foundation, the finish is really cakey and patchy and it lasts like literally two minutes, although it works good as a powder because its not very pigmented and is lightweight, which is what i use it now as. in general i've seen better drugstore powder foundations than this

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After much trying and erroring, feelings of a hopeful "Maybe?" grew to a resounding "No" and a lower rating for my former favorite powder foundation and long-time flame, Dual Finish. I just can't get it to work or look the way I want regardless of how I apply it anymore; brush, sponge, puff, wet, dry, primer or no primer, it's still the same flat, cakey, patchy look on my skin that makes me look haggard :( so sad. I used this for years and loved it, but apparently my skin has changed (read: gotten drier and thus in need of a softer finish) and this stayed the same.

It would be great for gals oilier than I am, if they want a really matte finish with good long-lasting coverage. It is just too pricey for me just to keep as a blot powder but is such a gorgeous compact I loathe to part with it. However, it isn't worth keeping for that reason because it's not refillable. I get the same type of compact with my Lancome Photogenic Luminessence pressed powder (which they dc'd online but still have at counters, great for those Macy's GWPs!) Photogenic is geared more for my skintype than Dual Finish so sadly, our love affair has to end. Seems I have better luck with lower-end powder foundations than I do with a lot of the HE ones I've tried lately for some reason (Milani, CG, Maybelline and PF come to mind). Oh well. I guess if you don't have cantankerous dry skin like I do, give this a shot. Be aware it is strongly fragranced though, or opt for the Frag-Free version. I liked the scent, but it does dissipate fast if you aren't a fan, however.

Luckily, Lancome's liquid foundations are still among the best for me so I'll stick with those, but find my powders elsewhere in the Lancome line (Photogenic) or in another brand, at least until they come out with a powder foundation that acts the opposite of Dual Finish for my needs (i.e., a soft focus moisturizing, rather than drying, compact powder with medium coverage) so I can come back to the Lancome fold. I don't know if what I want from them, or anyone, is even possible but a gal can dream right?
continued >>