October 22, 2014 | 1058 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Diorissimo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by CurvyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only perfume I have ever purchased without smelling it first. Fortunately, it smelled *exactly* like I was imagining it would. Pure lily of the valley, which I adore. Early springtime in a bottle and very classic.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by stardivina14

I love this perfume. It captures the essence of youth, beauty and spring all in one whiff. All the notes contain extracts of flowers. It's like smelling a bouquet. Like J'adore, I've received compliments from nearly everyone, but I took a lippie off for the staying power... it has the worst staying power. It lasts about an hour.. and I hate having to always reapply, which is why I switched to J'adore quickly. If I ever run out though, I do think I'll repurchase.. it's really reminiscent of bright sunny summer days when I was younger and my mom had the time to take us to the park for walks.... *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2006 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Sherrie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wore Diorissimo in my 20's (a gift from my mother). It was nice but I moved on after I finished the bottle. Today, 20 years or more later, I tested it again and nearly cried it was so stunningly beautiful. On me, it is the jasmine that dominates, but the muguet is there as a supporting player. This fragrance is "springtime in a bottle", but so much better than that can convey. It smells like that feeling you get when you know spring has truly arrived, that sense of relief and release and joy. If you're from the north you will know what I mean. Furthermore, it is a "quality" fragrance with a capital "Q". They just don't make 'em like this anymore (some people would say, thank goodness for that! But that just leaves more for those of us who appreciate Diorissimo!) My gosh, when I think about all the swill I've come to accept in recent years as tolerable! No more. Diorissimo is now my new (old) benchmark. In future, I refuse to buy any fragrance I don't love as much as this. There are classics for a reason. :-)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 9:00:00 PM More reviews by livadia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG! Honestly, I must have tried about 50 to 60 fragrances since I was 13 and I'm 24 now. And this is one of the only 2 fragrances I have ever re-purchased. Prior to finding this piece of gem, I have been looking for a good lily-of-the-valley fragrance for the longest time. Crabtree & Evelyn did not entice me with theirs as it was too sharp in the opening (too much citrus) and has an overdose of Jasmine as it dries down. This is different. The lily-of-the-valley is warmed with some Ylang Ylang which gives this a rosier, sweeter touch and an overall smoother experience. The effect is a simple yet classy scent, elegant but still youthful, like something a 17 year-old in the 1950s will wear. Although it has a few other notes, it remains a true lily-of-the-valley scent. I imagine that wearinig this with a pastel coloured skirt suit and hat, though I personally wear it for all ocassions, and it think it is going to be especially suitable for a garden wedding that I'm attending this weekend. Packaging wise, it is simple and classic, yet not as in-your-face ugly as *ahem* some of the Chanels. It is not the most lasting scent but I loathe fragrances that use tons of amber and woods for their longlasting power. I prefer something that fades away after a few hours and then I can spray more and enjoy it all over again. For this purpose, I have several sizes of this scent. I keep the 100ml at home and carry the 30ml in my bag so I can have this all the time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2006 5:38:00 AM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm starting to wonder if the Diorissimo decant I have is "off" - I want it to smell as wonderful as so many of the comments below suggest, but no such luck here. Instead, it smells sharp, artificial and completely unpleasant to my floral-loving schnozz. Parfums Delrae Debut is much prettier. Sadly, I've concluded that I'm not a lily of the valley fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2006 4:27:00 PM More reviews by minimoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A beautiful, pure, lily of the valley scent. I have the lotion and find it long-lasting and pure (no soapy, emulsifier scent). I was a tiny bit disappointed with the simplicity of the scent, but overall it's beautiful and worth the effort to track it down!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2006 10:46:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Diorissimo is the epitome of nature and beauty. It is very ethereal and haunting. Imagine walking through a forest where lily of the valley is growing all around you and a few wild roses growing amongst the lily as well. As you go deeper into the forest, there is dark green, damp moss growing over all the rocks you see and growing up tree trunks. Bright, crystal clear sunlight is illuminating the forest floor beneath you and it is the sunlight that is releasing the fragrance of the lily, rose and moss you see. I found this fragrance to be long lasting and give decent sillage. Diorissimo is a true fragrance of nature itself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2006 5:36:00 PM More reviews by sissyfris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Diorissimo 1956

Notes from Ozmos

Top note : Leafy Green, Bergamot

Middle note : Lily of the valley, Jasmine, Lily, Amarylis

Base note : Sandal, Civet/////////

Queen Elizabeth is on the throne, Eisenhower is in the White House, Elvis is on the airwaves and the Ed Sullivan show for the first time, driving teenage girls across America crazy with lust. From the year that Grace Kelly marries Prince Rainier, and Sabin discovers the oral polio vaccine, the year that Mickey Mantle is king of the Yankees and Little Richard sings Tutti Frutti, Diorissimo is a fun, stylish and upbeat perfume.

If you like lily of the valley, you will like this. This is the queen of the LotV scents. It is a more mature, chic rendition of the LotV that Penhaglion's, or Crabtree and Evelyn's (this one is more flower, less green) but remains true to the character of a single flower floral. This scent is all pearls and twinsets, well coiffed ladies in skirts (no minis, please- too scandalous!) and was famously worn by Princess Diana. I can also imagine Grace Kelly, sailing to Monaco (to become a Fluerissimo wearing princess)having worn this this. And Jackie O, during her years as 'roving girl reporter'... but I digress. This is a classic, stylishly ladylike scent.

Two out of three points for sillage and only one for lasting power, I wish it hung around longer because it is so gorgeous, but alas, it does not. Pity, because if it did, we would all have to buy a bottle....

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2006 1:43:00 PM More reviews by littleandcute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I keep going on about all these perfumes that donít work and turn into Bad Misadventures on me but there are some that are just plain good. Diorissimo is one of the good ones. I have not ever in my whole entire life smelled a lily of the valley that I know of but Momma grows all sorts of other lilies so I have them too on account of what we do here is, everybody gives everybody else some of their plants to see if they can grow them better? So your flower gardens are all put together out of part of everybody you ever knew just about. Lilies mostly all smell good but you have to be careful to not get your nose too close to the part with the pollen or youíll get a stain on your nose that donít want to come off. Diorissimo is like that. It is the sunny, cheerful, pretty day sort of lily perfume, just a sweet happy scent like a little girl laughing. I can't think of any time it would not be perfect. It smells wonderful and if you put on enough it will smell wonderful on you all day long. But if you put too much of it all in just one place it will be like that pollen on your nose and make you wish you had backed off a little bit.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2006 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lburcio

I've used this perfume for years, and although i'm out now, I always go back to it, no matter what new fragrance comes along. It's sweet, floral, Lily of the Valley, wonderful classic fragrance. Along with Champs d'Elysee, they're my signature fragrances. I absolutely love it.