New York Color Smooth Skin loose powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/25/2010 1:16:00 AM

I use mineral foundation that tends to make my face extremely shiny after a while so I needed something to keep the shine at bay. For the price, I grabbed this and was extremely surprised at the result. My face never got shiny anymore, in fact it made my skin look flawless. There's so much product too, it'll take me a while to finish it up. My only problem with it is how much comes out of the container and how messy it can get. Otherwise, a great product.

on 7/3/2010 6:46:00 PM

I was really excited for this product because it set my foundation quite well without making it look too cakey and it was super cheap. Unfortunately, it broke me out. :( Not terrible cystic acne, but just regular pimples. It was really cheap, so I wasn't out much, but I'm sad it didn't work out

on 6/22/2010 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This was the first setting powder I ever tried way back when I first started wearing makeup. I didn't even know it was setting powder I just knew I needed powder and I didn't like the pressed kind.

I think this is a great product though, it leave a nice smooth non-powdery looking finish, it's dirt cheep,the packaging is a little bulky and not travel friendly but that fine by me.

I have moved on to bigger and better loose powders but I always keep on of these in the back of my face drawer just in case, because I do think it is a great product!

on 6/22/2010 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This product is amazing, and the price is unbeatable! Sets make-up and really helps keeping my skin from getting oily. Looks smooth and blends into my skin i love it(:

on 6/21/2010 11:38:00 PM

This is my first loose powder product and i really really like it! it feels so smooth and soft and it doesnt look cakey! I have an oily forehead and this helps so much. Plus you cannot beat the price. I so recommend this to other people looking to control oil on their t-zone.

on 6/13/2010 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really like this powder I only use it to set my under eye concealer and I looks really nice I wouldnt use it to set me foundation though, however its only 2.74 at target! you cant beat the price, but the packaging does suck!

This is a really great performing DS powder. I buff it on to my skin to combat shine on the t-zone and forehead. It does give me a nice fresh faced look. For the price you really cannot beat it. I do wish the mattifying qualities lasted longer on really oily areas but it still does a decent job especially for the price!

on 5/7/2010 11:13:00 AM

This is just ok for me. Initial application is not bad, but the effect doesn't last long. And I hate the packaging! There is absolutely no way you can travel with it! So I've transferred it to an empty mineral foundation jar with a screw lid. But no, will not be buying again. The pressed powder wasn't much better either.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This product is okay in my book. It's a cheap translucent powder that does the job. I don't find it as silky smooth as other powders I've used, but I don't have a problem with that. I've purchased this product three times! LOL! It lasts forever, and I was using it tons and tons for about three years.

on 5/6/2010 12:16:00 PM

I love this powder. It's not chalky or cakey. It's super cheap and the translucent really does just set my foundation and not add any color. It keeps my shine at bay for at least half a day, and then I usually just have to touch up my chin from being on the phone!

The sponge that comes with it is icky, but I use a kabuki brush (or a large powder brush would work fine).

Very great product for the $$, lasts a long time, and as far as the lid/holes, I just put the lid on and shake it upside down and open it and use the product in the lid for several days....then repeat!