The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/25/2010 11:38:00 AM

the packaging for this is super cute, but I dislike how its in a pot, I have the watermelon one which is link and smells so good, but doesn't add much colour or shine to your lips, I don't feel that it moisturies that well as I felt it left them dryer. for these reasons I won't rebuy.

I'm in love with these lip balms! I have to say I don't like how they come in jars (complete germ freak) but I can get over that. They smell AH-mazing! And really condition lips too!

on 4/13/2010 10:10:00 AM

These are pretty average lip balms if I'm totally honest. The only reason I bought some was because of the 2 for 5 deals and because they smelt so delicious! I have had strawberry, watermelon, and passionberry. By far the best is passionberry, since the other two smelt really artificial and slightly sickening after a while. They don't give much colour, but do provide shine a bit like a lip gloss. By themselves, they aren't very moisturising for the lips, so chapped lips stay away! I really wouldn't recommend them, they just look really cute, but they take forever to finish, when all I want to do is finish it and chuck it away..

on 2/8/2010 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it's overall good, dislike a little but okay
what's good:
- it smells nice but weak
- little of shimmer, not to much which i like

what's bad:
- it's like lipgloss, sticky, heavy gloss on your lips
- not the best lips treatment ever
- in winter, it freeze and i have to touch it with my hand so it would have this glossy feeling again
- when you apply it with your finger, it has this sticky feeling and i have to go each time to the bathroom to apply the lip balm because i wouldn't want the sticky feeling on my finger to stay and i have to wash all the time.

overall:
i already bought 2 because it was on sale and i never tried it before. but i wouldn't buy it again because it's not convenient to apply it any place because the lipbalm will stay on your finger and you have wipe it off with something.
buy it if you want something that smells good, it does but doesn't taste like it

on 12/18/2009 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't think I'll repurchase this product once it's finish, doesn't help with moisturizing lips, no spf, just added a bit shine, but it does smell really good, though, so I give one lippie for this. And like other lipbalms, this product lasts a long time, so add another lippie for that, and another for the cute packaging.

on 12/12/2009 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this from an auction seller and costs cheaper than buying in a shop. But still, I don't think this worths the money. Mine is strawberry flavour. It has a nice smell but doesn't really moisturize my lips and they are still dry. I think there's a better choice for such price.

on 12/3/2009 5:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've tried the strawberry, raspberry, golden apple, and watermelon flavors. I love the distinct smells of all of them-- raspberry is probably my favorite (It smells like the real thing! ...yum). They're very shiny and make a great lip gloss for a night out.

on 11/13/2009 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Got this in Strawberry, and it smells like real strawberries, such a nice smell. But it tends to dry the lips out after awhile, not a good lip balm. But the tint is quite nice and it is quite glossy.

on 11/1/2009 2:34:00 PM

I have gotten this product as a gift and I must say, it will takes a lot just to finish off or to get near to the bottom. I personally don't like this lip balm. It doesn't help with the treatment of dry lips. After maybe 15 to 30 minutes my lips would dry up again and it would feel even dryer. I have gotten the watermelon flavour and honestly, it doesn't smell like watermelon and after a while you get a bit sick of the smell since it's a bit strong. I definitely wouldn't recommend this product.

on 10/27/2009 1:43:00 PM

I bought the watermelon lip balm and it smells great! Leaves a pale pink colour on my lips and it looks great. After a while I could feel that the smoothness disappeared and it got a little "powder-ish" and the container could've been better.
Other than that it was ok, but I'm not buying it again (at least in a while).

Popular Lip Treatments