April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by CheekyLady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried the strawberry, raspberry, golden apple, and watermelon flavors. I love the distinct smells of all of them-- raspberry is probably my favorite (It smells like the real thing! ...yum). They're very shiny and make a great lip gloss for a night out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by qtpie90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this in Strawberry, and it smells like real strawberries, such a nice smell. But it tends to dry the lips out after awhile, not a good lip balm. But the tint is quite nice and it is quite glossy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by timeless54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have gotten this product as a gift and I must say, it will takes a lot just to finish off or to get near to the bottom. I personally don't like this lip balm. It doesn't help with the treatment of dry lips. After maybe 15 to 30 minutes my lips would dry up again and it would feel even dryer. I have gotten the watermelon flavour and honestly, it doesn't smell like watermelon and after a while you get a bit sick of the smell since it's a bit strong. I definitely wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by catfisk

I bought the watermelon lip balm and it smells great! Leaves a pale pink colour on my lips and it looks great. After a while I could feel that the smoothness disappeared and it got a little "powder-ish" and the container could've been better.
Other than that it was ok, but I'm not buying it again (at least in a while).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Born Lippy Mint flavor and it so delicous. It was on sale for $1.00 so I bought two containers. It's hard to get out of the package, and I am not fond of digging my finger nail into the container. Other than that, I might try a few new flavors if they go on sale. $8 for lip balm is too expensive for me. I have been a Carmex fan for over 20+ years.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

This is my HG lip product, I absolutely adore it. I have tried lots of the flavours and the smell and taste is a personal preference so I need not mention them, there are so many to choose from you will find one you like!
I have several of these, the packaging is neat and does not go gloopy or hard in different conditions, it just stays soft and smooth and shiny. It looks like a gloss on, makes lip stains look pretty and lipstick glides on over it for a sheer finish with lasting power. It moisturises lips without feeling sticky or gritty and you do not need to constantly reapply. Although the flavours and scents are noticeable they are not so strong as to be overpowering, you will not find yourself constantly licking your lips.
I used to have lips that dried and cracked all the time, since using this I have not had even a hint of sore lips.
This is one of my top 10 products, in fact if I had to choose only one cosmetic product to take to a desert island I'd have a hard time leaving this behind.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2009 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Kitten27

I have this in Watermelon and it smells great. It also gives my lips some gloss but almost no color. It's not sticky on the lips at all and barely tastes like anything. It feels more like a gloss than a balm though because it isn't as moisturizing as I thought it would be. The packaging could have been better though. I wouldn't mind the tub too much except when I'm on the go.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

I got the Mango Peach one as a gift, oh it must've been like 4 years ago. 90% of it is still untouched. Although I like mangoes, the taste of this lipbalm wasn't very pleasant. And it came out on my lips .. ORANGE! Which isn't a very healthy look. As a lip balm this didn't feel very nice or moisturising on my lips.

Also I don't like how it comes in that little tub because I have long fingernails and it always gets under my nails when I try to scoop some out, eww.

The strawberry one smells and looks a bit better, but still there's better lipbalms out there, and I won't be buying another one of these!

- - -
PRICE [3] | PACKAGING [2] | REPURCHASE [no]

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by StarlightChaser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this one with watermelon scent/taste or whatever you may call it, and even though it does smell great it doesn't really work that well. My lips become moisturized for a while, and slightly glossy, but the effect does not last that long and I feel myself needing to reapply the product quite often. It is a bit too pricey as well, and the jar is very inconvenient.

I might buy this product again - because I do love the scent of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by belalee

I would surely buy this again. Here its around 4-5 dollars (250 pesos) and i love it so so so much. I always buy strawberry lip balms so this was a definite try, and i love it. Ive always hated shimmery lip balms, powders and blushes, but i could never find a good smelling, moisturizing tinted lip balm. But this one takes it allll!

It doesnt taste like anything which is good to me..
It smells great..
It feels great and looks great.

I would def. recommend this product to anyone. :D