December 20, 2014 | 1681 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with these lip balms! I have to say I don't like how they come in jars (complete germ freak) but I can get over that. They smell AH-mazing! And really condition lips too!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by izzit

These are pretty average lip balms if I'm totally honest. The only reason I bought some was because of the 2 for 5 deals and because they smelt so delicious! I have had strawberry, watermelon, and passionberry. By far the best is passionberry, since the other two smelt really artificial and slightly sickening after a while. They don't give much colour, but do provide shine a bit like a lip gloss. By themselves, they aren't very moisturising for the lips, so chapped lips stay away! I really wouldn't recommend them, they just look really cute, but they take forever to finish, when all I want to do is finish it and chuck it away..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by cookielips

it's overall good, dislike a little but okay
what's good:
- it smells nice but weak
- little of shimmer, not to much which i like

what's bad:
- it's like lipgloss, sticky, heavy gloss on your lips
- not the best lips treatment ever
- in winter, it freeze and i have to touch it with my hand so it would have this glossy feeling again
- when you apply it with your finger, it has this sticky feeling and i have to go each time to the bathroom to apply the lip balm because i wouldn't want the sticky feeling on my finger to stay and i have to wash all the time.

overall:
i already bought 2 because it was on sale and i never tried it before. but i wouldn't buy it again because it's not convenient to apply it any place because the lipbalm will stay on your finger and you have wipe it off with something.
buy it if you want something that smells good, it does but doesn't taste like it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 5:58:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't think I'll repurchase this product once it's finish, doesn't help with moisturizing lips, no spf, just added a bit shine, but it does smell really good, though, so I give one lippie for this. And like other lipbalms, this product lasts a long time, so add another lippie for that, and another for the cute packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by choihung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this from an auction seller and costs cheaper than buying in a shop. But still, I don't think this worths the money. Mine is strawberry flavour. It has a nice smell but doesn't really moisturize my lips and they are still dry. I think there's a better choice for such price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by CheekyLady19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried the strawberry, raspberry, golden apple, and watermelon flavors. I love the distinct smells of all of them-- raspberry is probably my favorite (It smells like the real thing! ...yum). They're very shiny and make a great lip gloss for a night out.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by qtpie90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this in Strawberry, and it smells like real strawberries, such a nice smell. But it tends to dry the lips out after awhile, not a good lip balm. But the tint is quite nice and it is quite glossy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by timeless54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have gotten this product as a gift and I must say, it will takes a lot just to finish off or to get near to the bottom. I personally don't like this lip balm. It doesn't help with the treatment of dry lips. After maybe 15 to 30 minutes my lips would dry up again and it would feel even dryer. I have gotten the watermelon flavour and honestly, it doesn't smell like watermelon and after a while you get a bit sick of the smell since it's a bit strong. I definitely wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by catfisk

I bought the watermelon lip balm and it smells great! Leaves a pale pink colour on my lips and it looks great. After a while I could feel that the smoothness disappeared and it got a little "powder-ish" and the container could've been better.
Other than that it was ok, but I'm not buying it again (at least in a while).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Born Lippy Mint flavor and it so delicous. It was on sale for $1.00 so I bought two containers. It's hard to get out of the package, and I am not fond of digging my finger nail into the container. Other than that, I might try a few new flavors if they go on sale. $8 for lip balm is too expensive for me. I have been a Carmex fan for over 20+ years.