April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 6:02:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

First of all, I want to tell you that I bought this product because beauty bloggers were calling this product- the E.L.F. contouring blush and bronzing powder a dupe for the famous (and one of my all time favorites) NARS Orgasm and Laguna Blush Duo (which I already own). One cost $3 and the other cost about $40, so I really wanted to buy this to see how it compares! Here is what I found:
Let's talk about the Blush first. It's a peachy color with a slight touch of pink and quite a bit of tiny gold shimmer (NOT glitter, but shimmer) to round it off. I'm not a fan of anything glittery (as I am no longer 8 years old) but this blush does not give the look of glitter but rather a slight glow after everything is applied and blended. Just a note: when applying, make sure to tap the excess product off your brush before applying. This is also good as a highlighter, if I may add. For me it is not so pigmented though buildable for 2-3 swipes. Personally, the blush part is really hard for me to wear, maybe of my skin tone. Though I can recommend this to ladies with fair skin and will surely give a beautiful glow on their cheeks. If ever I wan't to use the blush part, I combined it with the bronzer. To give a little bit of color to show on my face
Now onto the Bronzer... The bronzer is a light-medium tan color with a hint of gold shimmer (the exact shimmer in the blush). I can say that both my sister (olive skin) and I (fair skin) had luck with this bronzer and it looked beautiful on both skin tones! I also love how it looked when I contoured my face with it (using my thinner smashbox bronzing brush). Unlike the blush in this set, the bronzer is really pigmented, which is why I believe it looks good on all skin tones because you can blend it to lighten the tan or build it for a deeper tan! I also love how it's forgiving and pretty fool proof also... very easy to apply and blendable. Note that, because the bronze color is so pigmented, be sure to tap excess product and make sure to apply the product on your face with a light hand. We all know that it's ALWAYS easier to apply more if needed than it is to take back or remove what gets applied (i hope that makes sense! Lastly, I wanted to add- if you worry of having a glittery face because of the gold shimmer, do not worry at all. When it is applied, you can't see it hardly at all. After you are done blending, it will look smoothe and the shimmer will make your skin look dewy with a light glow- in the best way possible.

Recap on the PROS:

ULTRA affordable at $3 for the set - 2 Shades in 1 compact, duo - Sturdy and sleek looking packaging - The bronzer is pigmented - Both blush and bronzer are buildable - Gold shimmer allows both the blush and bronzer to be used to contour - The product is easy to blend - I love the big mirror inside the compact - Generous amounts of both blush and bronzer - Can look good on ALL skin tones with little a little work and manipulation - Will hold all day (8 hours) without needing touchups -

Recap on the CONS:

-The blush doesnt suit everyones skintone - The blush is not pigmented - The powder is not well pressed on the pan, so it comes loose and attaches way more product on my brush than what is needed - Much wasted product from having to tap all the excess product on my brush - E.L.F. cosmetic selection is very limited in stores - Very few stores even carry the brand, must be ordered on-line - Their online orders can take up to 6 weeks to arrive at your door - The quality is by no means, NARS quality - It only comes in ONE duo color, and no more -

Overall, this E.L.F. duo was a HIT! I loved both the shades of blush and bronzer on my fair skin tone. This product works on darker skin tones, you just have to manipulate it and build it until it suits you well. I love how inexpensive this product is, and even if it takes a long time to get shipped- its still worth it, being so inexpensive. Now the real question... Will I stop purchasing my beloved NARS and substitute their duo, for the E.L.F duo? Absolutley not! Even though they have many of the same qualities, I know I will always reach for my NARS first. With that being said, I will re-purchase the E.L.F duo when I run out, just to have on hand for use!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

ELF does it again!! Bought this duo in St. Lucia for the bronzer cuz I heard it was a great product to contour with. Honestly, it's amazing for contouring my face because its a natural looking bronze that takes minimal product to get my desired effect. Btw I apply this with my ELF kabuki brush or blush brush when I want more precision. I have a wide, oval shaped face and contouring is an essential for me since it slims and adds definition to my face. The blush IMO is too sheer and takes way more effort than necessary to get any semblance of color, so I took a lippy off for that. Ladies, if you're learning how to contour or in the market for a summer bronzer, this is it! Ill repurchase definitely. Be aware that the color is very dark looking in the pan, but if you buff and blend it correctly, it looks natural and glowy- I have NC25 skin for reference.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have found other blushes and bronzer, I do not like this at all. BUt that is just my personal preference

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the blush well enough, but I hate the bronzer-way too dark!! I will probably buy E.L.F.'s regular powder blush next time. It's a waste to get the bronzer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by xoxoskylar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely HATE the bronzer. It makes my face look dark && dirty. I love the blush though,((:

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by louisamakeup

I have this in the colour Antigua, and it's superpigmented! The bronzer is probably two or three shades too dark for my skin tone, but if i'm blending it out well it's not a big problem. I gave this a 4/5 because it's really powdery, and very messy. I would definitely recommend this though :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the packaging, but the product is crap. Please DO NOT BUY THIS! I bought this to replace my $40 Lorac tantalizer to contour my face- and this stuff is hiiiighly pigmented. I look ridiculous when I have this on! I tried using the blush to blend it in- and my cheeks did not blend in with the rest of my face- it only made it patchy :l i have oily, olive skin and bought this in turks and caicos. I think I'll stick to splurging $40 for my Lorac....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

I bought this becos of the so-called Nars Orgasm /Laguna dupe hype. The first thing I noticed when I got my box was the "Made in China" thing. I do have my concerns but glad there`s no animal testing. I got my set in St Lucia 83601. I swirled my brush in the blusher pan and applied to the apples of my cheeks and... Wow! This is a peachy gold flecked baby. Nice! If I go to the office I just go light handed so it looks like a natural flush of color. The bronzer on the other hand, was way too pigmented and left me with streaks of muddy red on my jawline. I suggest going extremely light handed with a really soft brush that doesnt pick up too much pigment... But nothing beats my Smashbox sun tanned matte bronzer. Overall I like the black studio packaging plus its travel friendly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by kmciolli

I have been wanting to try NARS Orgasm bronzer/blush for a very long time but was hesitant to shell out the money for it. I heard that E.L.F. made a decent dupe and for the price I had to try it. Unfortunately I think it would be much more worth it to just buy the real product.

I bought this in the Antigua color, which is a bright, shimmery pink coupled with a dark, shimmy bronzer. It looks gorgeous in the packaging. Only problem for me is that the colors actually have too much pigment. The bronzer, when I applied it with the E.L.F. professional bronzing brush, looked like a dark smudge on my face, and was very difficult to blend. I ended up having to just fully take off all my makeup and start over (without reapplying the bronzer, needless to say.) The blush is a little less pigmented, but still a little too dark for my skin tone (I usually wear "beige" shades; I am not that pale, but I guess too pale for this particular product.)

However I must say this product may look GREAT on someone with a darker skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okaye so there's three diffrent duos now. I have all of them and antigua is my favorite And the bronzer is so pigmented!