April 21, 2014 | 1166 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by elaize

Not a fan of this. First time I used this it did not work. You have to keep the tip down if you want it to line perfectly. Because the tip dries so fast, I had to dip it in a bit of warm water. Not a great product at all. Will never buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Dessayjoyce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This runs out very quickly, so that's why it's so cheap. It lasts a week (if that) even if you don't use much. It goes on pretty smoothly but is kind of sheer so you have to layer it for a any real color payoff. It's wonderful for just lightly lining your eyelash roots but not your tight-line, it will smudge off or melt away. I'll continue to use it since it is sheer enough to make my eyes pop but if you want a daring eyeliner look than look elsewhere!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ltarwater

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Iíve recently discovered ELF and my favorite product so far has to be these eyeliner pens. I am a makeup minimalist and have never consistently worn eyeliner because most brands and formulations were either impossible to put on accurately and/or slid off halfway through the day. This is easy to apply even for the uncoordinated like me, and it stays put on my face. The ELF gel eyeliners are even better if you need more staying powder and impact, but they are fussier to put on because you have to use a brush and have a pretty steady hand (I save them for special occasions and use the pen version for most days).
The only downside, if you must have one, is that the product gets used pretty quickly and Iíve had to replace it every month or two, and thatís not using it every day. (Those of you who are saying this ran out in a day or two - are you storing with the pen down in a cup?) At this low price, however, itís hard to complain. I also wish they had some lighter colors, because even the coffee brown is quite dark.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm in the minority, but I love this product! I used to use pencil eyeliner on most days and save the liquid liner for when I had a lot of time to trouble shoot, but this pen makes application so easy that I use it all the time now. I get that clean liquid eyeliner look with all the ease of using a pencil--amazing, especially considering the $1 price tag! It is not near as dark as I would like, however, so only four stars. I will definitely repurchase, although I'd love to hear from someone who knows a darker DS liquid eyeliner with the same ease of application.

EDIT: Eh, it only worked well for like 2 weeks. Not repurchasing. Gave it 2 stars because it works well initially and is cheap to buy in a pinch if you forgot your liner or something.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Emely74123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This worked well for a little while, the tip got a bit deformed after a FEW uses, the ink was a bit light & I had to go over again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

The formula of the liner is actually good. It's waterproof & I even experimented with filling in the waterline of my top lids with good results. Looked really good & didn't smudge. The packaging on this is just SO AWFUL, though. The felt tip dries up so easily & to get it wet you really have to shake it. Well I did this then I opened the cap & ended up with black, waterproof eyeliner splattered on my white bathroom wall. What a pita to clean up & I still can see it faintly on the wall. So if they fixed the packaging I would buy this again, but I'm too scared it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by XoxoPockii

This ran out of ink so fast. Not too happy

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

this pen sucks!
so dry you cant get a smooth line skips like crazy and looks horrible after application
but for a dollar it wasnt that hard to chuck it in the trash
will not repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by mnm861794

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was hoping this product would work and it did.. Until it dried out the second time I used it. I liked the idea of it, it worked well, but it's a miss for me. There's a chance I'll try it again in the future, maybe it was just one of those few that dried while it was being packaged or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by dtrautz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE E.L.F. The waterproof pen is amazing. If you want your eyeliner to glide on easily and for it to stand out, this is what you need to buy. Granted, the "waterproof" part isn't entirely true. I was stuck in the rain once and it ran. But if you set it with powder, it will work great. Also, the price can't be beat. Only other complaint I have is that it ran out relatively fast, or maybe because I love doing cat eyes and used it alot :D