August 1, 2014 | 1271 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Veyaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this eyeliner. I have it in both Black and Coffee (brown) and love using them. I am new to liquid eyeliner and have shaky hands, but the felt tip is like Liquid Eyeliner for Dummies.

It is important to store this liner vertically, lid-down to keep the tip full of color. If you store it horizontally or tip-up, the felt tip will dry out quickly. Other reviews for this product say the tip dries out quickly and the liner is used up quickly, but I have had no problems with this when stored correctly. [Edit: After short of 2 weeks of great use and proper storage, this ran out. If you don't mind repurchasing each week or so, It's a good deal, but doesn't last as long as I wanted.]

The black isn't as thick and dark as many other liners, but I enjoy using this for a light, everyday liner.

The brown is great for adding a thin line in my lashes and makes them look fuller without looking like I have any eyeliner on at all! I love the no-makeup look and this is perfect.

It stays put for hours, but it easy to remove if you make mistakes.

I will definitely purchase this again, and have recommended it to many.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of E.L.F products. I decided to get an eyeliner pen for touchups since i do not like bringing my gel liner and brush with me. I think i will keep this for quick touch ups on my winged liner just in case it gets messed up. But using alone as my overall liner isnt something i will do. It isn't quite black enough for me. I also have to keep applying coats to make it opaque. Ihave heavy set eyelids and they are oily. My eyes are chinky so when i smile, my lids can rub off my liner. I'm not disappointed since i only spent a dollar. But I did not expect much

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by MinekaC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE these. But the black seems to be the only one that likes to work for me. I also have purchased the coffee, and that is like pulling teeth getting colour out, let alone on my lid. But the black, oh I can't tell you how much I love it.
I looks like a liquid eyeliner when it's on, but applies with the ease of a pencil. No double dipping the brush to get that thick line, no making sure the eyeliner brush for the gel is just so. Just pop the cap, and draw away. I LOVE this product!
As for it's durability, it stays where you put it. You can rub your eye, you'll still be good. Just don't get it wet then rub, then you'll look like a raccoon. but it's so worth the dollar you spend. I think everyone should try it at least once, you'll be amazed at what you get IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by daisyjunkie

Lasted me for a week or two before everything starts to go wrong (I'm almost never without eyeliner when I'm at work). The tip starts to give me problems (it happens to my other ELF liquid eyeliner as well) and it dries up extremely fast. In short, it was good while it lasted. Same as the other ELF eyeliner, great for beginners but for long term, advisable to go for more proven eyeliner brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by elaize

Not a fan of this. First time I used this it did not work. You have to keep the tip down if you want it to line perfectly. Because the tip dries so fast, I had to dip it in a bit of warm water. Not a great product at all. Will never buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Dessayjoyce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This runs out very quickly, so that's why it's so cheap. It lasts a week (if that) even if you don't use much. It goes on pretty smoothly but is kind of sheer so you have to layer it for a any real color payoff. It's wonderful for just lightly lining your eyelash roots but not your tight-line, it will smudge off or melt away. I'll continue to use it since it is sheer enough to make my eyes pop but if you want a daring eyeliner look than look elsewhere!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ltarwater

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Iíve recently discovered ELF and my favorite product so far has to be these eyeliner pens. I am a makeup minimalist and have never consistently worn eyeliner because most brands and formulations were either impossible to put on accurately and/or slid off halfway through the day. This is easy to apply even for the uncoordinated like me, and it stays put on my face. The ELF gel eyeliners are even better if you need more staying powder and impact, but they are fussier to put on because you have to use a brush and have a pretty steady hand (I save them for special occasions and use the pen version for most days).
The only downside, if you must have one, is that the product gets used pretty quickly and Iíve had to replace it every month or two, and thatís not using it every day. (Those of you who are saying this ran out in a day or two - are you storing with the pen down in a cup?) At this low price, however, itís hard to complain. I also wish they had some lighter colors, because even the coffee brown is quite dark.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by feetjustgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm in the minority, but I love this product! I used to use pencil eyeliner on most days and save the liquid liner for when I had a lot of time to trouble shoot, but this pen makes application so easy that I use it all the time now. I get that clean liquid eyeliner look with all the ease of using a pencil--amazing, especially considering the $1 price tag! It is not near as dark as I would like, however, so only four stars. I will definitely repurchase, although I'd love to hear from someone who knows a darker DS liquid eyeliner with the same ease of application.

EDIT: Eh, it only worked well for like 2 weeks. Not repurchasing. Gave it 2 stars because it works well initially and is cheap to buy in a pinch if you forgot your liner or something.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Emely74123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This worked well for a little while, the tip got a bit deformed after a FEW uses, the ink was a bit light & I had to go over again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

The formula of the liner is actually good. It's waterproof & I even experimented with filling in the waterline of my top lids with good results. Looked really good & didn't smudge. The packaging on this is just SO AWFUL, though. The felt tip dries up so easily & to get it wet you really have to shake it. Well I did this then I opened the cap & ended up with black, waterproof eyeliner splattered on my white bathroom wall. What a pita to clean up & I still can see it faintly on the wall. So if they fixed the packaging I would buy this again, but I'm too scared it.