E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 1/22/2013 6:04:00 PM

I wasn't sure if I got a bad one but my eyeliner pen was very stiff and hurt to apply, after flittering with the pen I got it to work better. But, it ran out so quick.

on 1/15/2013 11:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is a hit of miss because sometimes i get a real good one and sometimes i get a dried up one...but for 1$ it never really upsets me that much....but let me jsut say this is not water proof as it claims but i culd careless.....I do suggesting storing them upside down that way the ink is always at the tip and it doesnt seem all dried out....once i run out i also use these as a tool to dip into my gel liners and it works great because this pen shape just makes everything so much easier

on 1/15/2013 5:13:00 PM

I bought this pen from target for $1.00. I wanted to try a liquid eyeliner, so I bought the e.l.f. waterproof eyeliner pen along with the other e.l.f. brush liquid eyeliner (not the actual name of product). This eyeliner is great for a first eyeliner, but the felt tip started to bend in one direction the more I used it, and contrary to the packaging, there is not a lot of product. I have monolid eyes, and the product held well throughout the day. (Mind you, I am very conservative with the amount of eyeliner I use.) After having used Revlon Color Stay Eyeliner Pen for about a month, I prefer Revlon to e.l.f., but if I was on vacation or in a bind, I would get this product due to the price.

**The lid somehow came off in my make-up bag and dried out the product, so definitely not buying it again. After using the Revlon Color Stay Liquid Eye Pen and seeing its darker color and tighter cap, I already have found a better product. DEFINITELY not buying again. (ironically, I had gotten a free one as a gift...)

on 1/14/2013 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I decided to give this a try, because I love so many other ELF products. The primary reason I bought this is because a coworker raved about it, and it is advertised as waterproof, and my eyes water constantly due to a variety of factors including allergies. I bought this in black for $1 at Target. This pen is awesome! I'm not great with liquid or cream liners due to shaky hands - I typically use a pencil - but this is very easy to use and makes a fine, dark line. I do smudge mine a bit with an angled brush so it doesn't look like I drew my liner on with a sharpie, and it lasts through my entire workday - 8 AM until about 6 PM, until I take it off. Comes off easily with makeup remover. For $1 even if it lasts a month (I store it lying sideways in a small tray) it is worth the price. Overall I think this is a great liner - lasts well, and very easy to use for those of us "pencil girls" who may have trouble with liquid liners. I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I currently use the black colored pen, and I love it. I use it for my everyday makeup, and it leaves a nice, noticeable black line. It stays on my eyes all day, too, from 6:30 a.m. when I put it on to 10:00 p.m. when I take it off. As for the people saying this pen dries out quickly, I usually store it sideways, not facing upward - the last pen I had lasted me at least one and a half months. That's not the longest-lasting pen, of course, but it's worth it for a dollar! I will definitely be buying this again.

on 1/10/2013 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

General opinion: Great price but product doesn't last long.
Pro: 1) Convenient to buy and repurchase. 2) Price is amazing at $1. 3) Easy usage.
Cons: 1) Runs out of ink easily. 2) Repurchasing it multiple times makes me want to buy a high quality brand one instead.

on 1/9/2013 3:46:00 PM

Serously? Liquid look with pencil-like application...at a dollar!? I really like this pen. I have only owned it in green though, so I cannot speak to the other colors. The green is fantastic though,especially when used with gold shadows, it's very lovely. I don't use it everyday, but it's lasted me a good while. The formula is definitely on the dry side, but I don't mind. I find that wetter formulas take longer to dry and therefore are more prone to smudging. I'd definitely repurchase this at a dollar. *Edit* I have had more experience with these pen/marker type liners since I first wrote the review, and it's pretty decent for $1, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 12/25/2012 4:42:00 PM

i like this in black, but i hate it in brown. i have repurchased it in black and i had to do so pretty quickly because it dries out pretty fast. its 1$ though, so honestly who can complain? this is the first liquid eyeliner i have ever bought and i quite like it i use it once and a while. it works best when i set it with black shadow.

on 12/25/2012 3:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm very disappointed with this product! Thank goodness it was only a dollar. I got it in the color "coffee." When I swatched it on my hand, the color was a nice, rich brown. However, I knew it wasn't really waterproof because it came off my hand pretty easily when I washed my hands. When I tried it on my eyes, it hardly showed up at all... almost as if it was running out. The felt tip also started to flake off. I ended up having to finish the look with a liquid eyeliner. And as for packaging, you have to press quite hard to make sure the cap is completely on. I do not recommend this and I will not be buying it again.

on 12/21/2012 3:02:00 PM

I really enjoy this eyeliner. I have it in both Black and Coffee (brown) and love using them. I am new to liquid eyeliner and have shaky hands, but the felt tip is like Liquid Eyeliner for Dummies.

It is important to store this liner vertically, lid-down to keep the tip full of color. If you store it horizontally or tip-up, the felt tip will dry out quickly. Other reviews for this product say the tip dries out quickly and the liner is used up quickly, but I have had no problems with this when stored correctly. [Edit: After short of 2 weeks of great use and proper storage, this ran out. If you don't mind repurchasing each week or so, It's a good deal, but doesn't last as long as I wanted.]

The black isn't as thick and dark as many other liners, but I enjoy using this for a light, everyday liner.

The brown is great for adding a thin line in my lashes and makes them look fuller without looking like I have any eyeliner on at all! I love the no-makeup look and this is perfect.

It stays put for hours, but it easy to remove if you make mistakes.

I will definitely purchase this again, and have recommended it to many.