July 25, 2014 | 1125 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Sexy Curves

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by lizzea

Meh. I really expected more. But that's what you get when you buy into the marketing hype of course. I was so intrigued by the wand and my stubby straight lashes swooned over the promise of sexier curves. Sigh. It's an ok masacara. The special shaped wand doesn't do anything really, it does curl a bit but no more than my non-shapely mascaras. The formula is average, it doesn't really lengthen or volumise very quickly. It does flake a bit but not too much which is a problem I find with nearly all mascaras I've tried (I have *almost* a monolid, not quite, but just very small, oily lids). If I want to go for a very natural 'no makeup' look, this mascara is nice. But because I was promised 'sexy curves', I'm disappointed. It's ok. I got it on a BOGO deal but I wouldn't run out and buy this product by itself.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ndunnachie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara with high expectations as I have heard quite a lot of hype about it but I was let down miserably. I absolutely hate clumped together, spidery lashes and that was the result I got after using this mascara. In all honesty this product just didn't do anything for me. The only good thing I can say about this product is the colour and style of the packaging is gorgeous.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the brush. It isn't a bad mascara upon application. I didn't notice any extra hold of curl though and it starting flaking after a few hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Stephxx16

Sexy Curves? Not even, this mascara gave my lashes no curves at all! It left my lashes sticking just up, even when I curled them with an eyelash curler. It was a nightmare. I really don't like this product and I regret buying it. I tried layering it with other mascara's but still that "curve" wasn't there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Much better than the waterproof version of 'Sexy Curves', but still doesn't do much for my lashes which are short and naturally straight. It adds some length and thickness, but the formula's too heavy and makes my lashes loop droopy. It clumps as well, so layering can be a bit difficult. Doesn't hold a curl too well, but I love the intense black colour. Packaging is pretty and the wand of the mascara is made of silicon.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Crystal424

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara along with Almay on coat dial up are the two best drugstore mascara's I've tried so far. But they are not my HG. I haven't found my HG......YET. Sexy curves is good for a fast application it gives you an instant curl even with stick straight lashes (just use an eyelash curler first for girls with stick straight lashes like me). With one coat you get a decent curl and bit of length but not a lot of volume. with two or more coats you get bit more of volume. I wish it would work on me good enough to be my HG but I guess I just have very bad luck with mascara. :'(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by tinyaudiophile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I got this during a buy one get one 50% off sale at CVS. It works really well! I have the non-waterproof version, and it doesn't smudge! I have to use 2 coats for some good volume. Also, I haven't experienced any flaking. I'm pretty satisfied with this mascara!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by tiffers

I have this in waterproof. Absolutely useless. Smells awful, smudges, and goes on goopy and thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by roseycheeks21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I have to say i was very supprised with this mascara!
it's 'tripple pump brush' is very strong and solid so you can really get it in at the roots of your eyelashes and wiggle them up. it coats each individual lash from root to tip and doesnt make them look too thick or fluffy. it give tremendous curl and volume. the consistancy is not too wet, neither is it too dry. it is just perfect for me as i have very long and straight lashes. (i like the Intense Black colour.) a collegue of mine uses it and her lashes are quite short but the curl and volume she gets with this mascara is unbeliveable, it lenghtens her lashes too, without making them look spidery, or spindely..
i would have liked to have seen the packaging with a bit more curves to it to match it's name, but the colour purple is realy lovely and you can easily find it at the bottom of you rbag. (unless your bag is purple inside!)
i have recently tried a few high end mascaras, similar in form or claim to do the same things, but they have just been passed on as i got very frustrated with them! so i have to say that rimmel have come out on top with Sexy curves!..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by jcdx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really good mascara. Im always on the hunt for a really nice one and this is definitely up there. It gives nice curve and lengthens. Takes a good 2-3 coats to add volume but sooo worth it if you have the time.