Ecotools Five Piece Mineral Set (4 brushes, 1 case)

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I turned to ecotools brushes after finding the other brands I'd tried were either scratchy on my super-sensitive skin, shed hairs or just didn't do a very good job with mineral makeup. I also try to avoid animal products in my makeup, so the the idea of these being synthetic appealed to me.

When my brushes arrived, I was extremely impressed with the quality for the price. Of the four brushes in this set, I use three every day. The only one I don't use is the baby kabuki - in common with some other reviewers, I find it too soft and lacking in body to apply mineral makeup. I just use the regular powder brush for this job, and it works perfectly. The fibres are silky soft, and feel like air on the skin. They never shed, wash beautifully, I like the travel sizes, because I have limited storage space for my stuff, and I get to feel like I'm buying an animal and environmentally friendly product.

one lippie off for the gimmicky but useless kabuki, and the too small storage pouch that bends the brush bristles.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All i can say is AMAZING!!!! these brushes are far superior to anything i have tried, whether it be from sephora, mac, bare escentuals, 100% pure, ect. and the cost is so cheap anyone could afford it. i am an esthetician and these are the brushes i carry in my makeup kit and use on myself. there are about 11 other makeup artists i know that rave about these as well. the mini kabuki brush is just the cutest, softest, most effective application brush out there. i also have the cute carrying cases from this brand as well.

Super cheap and works amazingly! All the brushes in this set are super soft and work great! I've had this set for over a year now and none of them have broken on me or became prickly. I do wash them all once a week so their all nice and soft still.

I believe this set of brushes are a nice buy but not the greatest.

Powder brush: is an okay brush, soft and works nice but isn't the best.

Kabuki brush: is the worst brush in this package, Mine just broke apart in two months which is a fail and doesn't help to blend easily.

Concealer brush: quite tiny and doesn't really help blend.

Fluffy brush: is my favorite and actually works well to blend eyeshadows.

Overall, i love the fluffy and powder brush but the other two brushes could use some improvement

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Blends makeup beautifully! So soft too! I love these brushes so much! Plus, the quaility is very good for an inexpensive price.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

When I bought these brushes I had no idea they were for mineral makeup. Now it makes sense. I thought the face brush was a blush brush, but it always picked up too much product for me. But for powder foundation it would be perfect. I still use it for blush with those products that don't have alot of pigment like well dressed by Mac. The brushes are great. Very soft.

Incredibly soft and an amazing value. I love these brushes and will buy the entire series soon.

This set was a supergood deal, and the brushes are supersoft and easy to care for, but i find the synthetic kabuki and face brushes don't pickup enough mineral makeup for a good application. I find my Bare Escentuals Heavenly Face Brush and the Flawless Face Brush both do a better job of buffing in mineral makeup. As with the Ecotools powder brush, I find I'm using/wasting more product when I use these brushes.

However, the eyeshadow brush is really good for blending! I use it interchangably with my MAC tapered blending brush (224).

The concealer brush, I find to be much too large. I prefer a smaller brush for precision application on red marks and undereye circles.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who isn't blown away by Ecotools brushes. I wholeheartedly agree that they are extremely soft and well-constructed. The problem I have is that the synthetic bristles just don't pick up powder products very well. For my taste, they apply powder too lightly and in a streaky fashion. Also, there is a bit of "drag," like the bristles don't want to glide over the skin. They do an ok job, and I do use them for travel because of the convenient size, but they aren't my first choice. If you are vegan and don't use brushes made from hair, these are probably your best bet (as they are much more affordable than Urban Decay's overpriced synthetic brushes!) Personally I prefer real hair brushes for powder products.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Well I have to agree that these brushes are sold at a great price and I also have to agree that all of the ecotool brushes are extremely soft and gentle to the face, however I can't really get on the whole 'ecotools are the most fantastic brushes ever' bandwagon. Considering the price I got better brushes than I expected but they weren't great.

I can appreciate the appeal of the softness factor but sometimes certain products just call for a stronger stiffer brush. I find the baby kabuki brush in this set pretty much useless. It is nice and soft but it also flimsy in some ways. I need a kabuki that will stand up and blend the minerals into my skin. The baby kabuki bends and folds and flops over when trying to blend and I feel like the mmu is just sort of getting dragged across the surface of my skin instead of being blended in.
Same with the larger blush brush or is it a powder brush. I'm not sure but either way it's not as good as my other brushes. Again it's soft and feels nice but doesn't do as good a job as my mac blush and powder brushes.
The small blending brush is very nice and seems adequate for blending my eyeshadows. No complaints about this brush. The concealer brush is nice too but I have a better one.
Overall ecotools makes good brushes for the money they charge but they are not that remarkable in quality. If I knew someone on a tight budget or someone who was very young and just starting to get into makeup brushes I would recommend ecotools to them because as I said, they are not bad brushes for the money. But if someone told me they wanted good high quality high performance brushes and they didn't care about price, I would probably steer them in a different direction.

Popular Makeup Brushes