August 28, 2014 | 1717 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by stealthxgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ended up with two samples of this primer from Sephora on separate occasions. For whatever reason, I kept forgetting I had them, and didn't try it out until recently. I've finished both samples, and I can't believe I took so long to try this. I've already gone ahead and ordered the full size from Sephora, because I love it that much. It smoothes out my skin, tones down the redness in my cheeks, makes my foundation last all day, and helps with my oily skin (I don't get oily as quickly when I use this). I wish it wasn't so expensive, but I haven't found a primer that works this well, so I was willing to pay for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ghousegal2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this primer, especially since I heard great things about it. Unfortunately, I don't.

My skin is normal to dry, and I'm in my 30s. I usually use MUFE primer, or no primer at all with my MUFE foundation, and it's great. But I wanted to try something new, and after reading reviews I decided on Hourglass primer.

Unfortunately, I can't use this primer. It didn't work with my skin type. This made my skin very very very dry, and my foundation looked horrible: blotchy!

Also, this primer 'promises' to calm/eliminate redness, and it doesn't. If you have normal/dry skin don't use this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by melixo23

okay so let me start off by saying i first bought this product back in december of 2011 and i ended up returning it because i felt it made my skin super dry and flakey. I am always on the hunt for a holy grail primer, i have tried korres vitamen e which is amazing for dry skin types and really made my skin smooth and silky but too much for my combo skin, i love smashbox, benefit porefessional, mac prep and prime, laura mercier and many more. well anyway i went back to sephora and picked this sucker up again, i tried it for a week my face broke out like heck..i tried to think why but i had recently tried a new moisturizer...i switched back to my dior snow global transparency and with this primer all i can say is wow! it makes my skin look silky, brighter my pores look amazing and i definetely feel like it does make my makeup stay however i do still have to blot my tzone. I think it def makes a difference on what you use to exfoliate cleanse moisturize etc besides the makeup you wear. Sometimes it might not be the makeup it could be a bad skincare product breaking you out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best primer I've ever used. Very silky texture, controls my oil, & doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW!!! This is like a primer AND a very light foundation in one. To begin with, I have troubled skin- dehydrated, prominent pores, sensitivity to cosmetics and redness in some areas. I also get SHINY throughout the day and I can't live without powder to touch up. Especially in the summer.

I use one pump of this product all over my face, and wow! it looks like foundation has been applied. My face is way more even in color, my pores look blurred and airbrushed, and I look healthy. Usually after a few hours I get shiny, but with this, nope. I look way better with this on and I sometimes skip foundation on my good skin days when I use this. This is AMAZING. Doesn't break out my highly sensitive skin....and it's mineral based! I love it so much! This stuff is magic!!!! The only con: EXPENSIVE. but its worth every penny and I will keep buying it as long as they have it. HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the small sample size of this. It cost me 10£ for 15ml. Im so glad I bought the sample. Cause I would have cried if I bought the fullsize...I have oily, uneven skin. My problem with base makeup is that it tends to slide of my skin and sink into my pores. I read a few reviews of this and decided to try it. Well.. Its Ok. Not the best but not the worst. It glides on very nicely, very siliconey. The problem is that its full of silicones, and feels the same as my hard candy primer. I feel like this is the same as a drugstore primer, but with a fancier bottle. My foundation did not last as long as usual with this. Im dissapointed. MEH :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kelz25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily/combo skin and for the longest time could not find a product that would really help control oil. I have tried foundations, primers, setting sprays, etc. but would still get oily in my T-zone. This primer literally controls oil all day and I don't have to worry about getting shiny at all. I am basically set for the entire day and my makeup still looks good at the end of the day. However, my skin can get dry/flakey at times and this will definitely emphasize that. It is pretty spendy but I am willing to splurge on a product that makes my makeup last like this does. I use this with my MUFE Mat Velvet + foundation and this combo works for me.

Update: I am starting to notice that it has been making my skin more flakey and dried out than usual :( However, because it makes my makeup last all day, I am willing to try to combat the flakiness with other products

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

About a month ago I went in to Sephora to exchange my Laura Mercier foundation primer (that I had found to be just okay) for the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer which I had heard GREAT things about! First of all, I bought the smaller size, which was still $21 + taxes here in Canada which is quite expensive for how small it is. The price wouldn't have bothered me if the primer was actually any good. I was guaranteed by the SA at Sephora that one pump would cover my whole face, but I actually have to use two pumps. I have dry combination skin, and this is sooo dry and not even the littlest bit hydrating. With these things aside, the worst past is that this primer actually FAILS to be a primer for me, as it doesn't make my makeup stay on any better, in fact I believe it makes my face seem sort of greasy throughout the day. I really regret exchanging my Laura Mercier primer, as with that at least I saw results. I would not recommend this to anyone, not even people with oilier skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Rain174

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Working at Sephora, I have the opportunity to try a number of products on the market and this is one of my favourite primers. It is lightweight, it color corrects upon application (though it may make darker skin tones ashy), it is full of vitamins and minerals to help improve your skin over time, and it makes the skin feel velvety soft. When I don't wear foundation (which is not very often), I use this product with a little finishing powder and my skin looks radiant! I have oily skin, but I manage it well with the help of this product and others. I have read a few other reviews where people say it made them break out or made their skin oily; sometimes with a product that helps draw out toxins in the skin, like this one, it can make you break out for a short period of time because it is pulling all the gunk to the surface to help purge your skin of it once and for all. Give it a few weeks before you decide it is not for you...you will love it!

This primer absorbs quickly into the skin and helps to fill in any cracks and crevices so your foundation application is much smoother. Hourglass has other primers (solar tan and no.28 primer serum), which are also fabulous, but for specific reasons. As an all around primer, this is my favourite of the 3!

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by xjuliannaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't personally own it but my mom does! I use it from time to time but never going to purchase it hah. It's a liquidly based silicone feel primer. I have normal to dryish skin and It's okay. I feel as if it makes me a bit shiny.. Then again I'm not sure if the purpose is to make me look a little dewy because it doesn't say it mattifies you or anything but is assume since it feels like siliconey. It smells funny too but I guess that's all