April 18, 2014 | 1851 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by jazzsm191

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Hmm, I'm in a love hate relationship with this mascara. I have the one for blue eyes, though I have green eyes. There is shimmer/glitter in it and it is silver and gives a pretty flattering sheen. The base colour is pretty black, though applies pretty lightly. I don't know if I would recommend or purchase again. JUST A TIP; It is really to pretty to apply your HG mascara then once dry, swipe over gently for the glitter :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Another mascara dud from CG. It did nothing for my lashes, nor did I notice anything interesting in their version of black. Waste of $.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by brittanypaige0018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would have to agree with everyone else in the sense that this mascara does not brighten your eyes. I didn't even notice the sparkles in it until I read a review on here and looked at my mascara. Yeah, there is sparkles in it but you really have to look to see them. They are very subtle. My cousin purchased this mascara for me to try and overall it is a pretty good mascara, but not for eye lightening. I have brown eyes so we purchased black pearl I believe it's called. I like the application brush. This mascara is more for volume in my opinion. I do not have any problems with flaking or removing this product. While this wouldn't be my first choice, I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Kers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the one meant for green eyes (ruby something...). The colour (purple-ish) is so subtle that I can only see it if my lashes catch the light and I'm holding a mirror within 10cm of my face. The mascara does have a fine sparkle in it, but I find that it gives my lashes a dusty appearance. Overall the colour just looks like a dull dusty black. If you want a mascara with a bit of colour in it, this one is a waste of time. I think these would only be good if you were looking for a less intense black. The mascara did make my lashes look fuller, but did little for length or curl.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ASIAN lash review: or for those with short, sparse or downward-pointing lashes.

My hubby bought this for me at Christmas as part of a eyeliner-mascara duo in Black Pearl. I thought the sparkly aspect to the mascara was neat, but quickly decided that they didn't do anything.

-Curl factor: nil. It weighed down my curled lashes immediately after application
-Colour: black with some sparkle. Not that exciting
-Sparkle dusts off onto your cheeks at the end of the day
-Goes on pretty smoothly, but doesn't create volume
-Smudges

I like a more dramatic look (though not with spider-legs) because my Asian lashes need to be that exaggerate to look somewhat noticeable. This just doesn't do it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by FabKass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought it in black pearl for brown eyes. It didnt brighten my eyes like advertised but I like how the brush seperated my eyes unlike other brushes where I had to struggle to get an even coat. For a simple non- expensive mascara with an ok brush buy it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by trinitycharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the blue/black shade (can't remember what it's called. Has to do with sapphires). Anyway, this doesn't brighten or change the look of my eyes or lashes in any way. No length, not volume. My eyelashes look exactly the same, except that the tone/color is somewhat different---maybe lighter than my already black eyelashes. When you have stick-straight Asian lashes, you kind of want more than just NOTHING. Yeah, it's waterproof....woopee....but that's the only positive about it. The wand/brush is also not my favorite. It's like a hard plastic with really short bristles that don't move or anything. It doesn't look like it picks up much of the mascara, so hardly any goes on your eyes. Maybe that's why my lashes don't look any different than without it. Either way....don't waste your time.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried it side by side with a regular mascara & didn't notice any difference in how my eye color was enhanced. It does separate the lashes wonderfully. I did not have to use a comb afterward.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by CHiiCKEWiiNG

honestly this mascara doesn't really do anything to make ur eye's stand out and look brighter ..i think it's fine as a regular mascara though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

For some reason, this mascara lengthens the heck out of my lashes. Which really surprised me, because I didn't think this one counted as a lengthening mascara.
My mom and I both have hazel eyes, and her eyelashes always look amazing. One day I asked what kind of mascara she uses, and she said Cover Girl Exact Eyelights in Black Gold. I was skeptical of this mascara at first (especially after reading all of the negative reviews here!), but my mom's lashes always look so darn good, so I finally broke down and gave it a try. CVS was having a buy one get one half off on all Cover Girl mascaras, so I picked up this one along with Lash Blast. I decided to do a side-by-side comparison of the two, in order to see if Eyelights actually would intensify the color of my hazel eyes. I wore Lash Blast on one eye, and Eyelights on the other. As far as bringing out my eye color....well, that's a tough call. I think that it does, but it is a very subtle effect. Don't except to put this stuff on and have your eyes turn into gloriously shimmering high beams or anything like that. It will just kind of subtly enhance what's already there. I think that the effect is probably more noticeable in natural light.
What really caught my attention about this mascara, is how beautiful it made my lashes look. When I was doing my comparison between this one and Lash Blast, I asked both my mom and sister if they noticed a difference between my eyes. They both instantly could tell there was a huge difference, and both preferred the look of the Eyelights over the Lash Blast. And I have to agree. Eyelights really does a great job of making my lashes look longer (even longer than the lengthening mascara that I use!) and fuller.
As mentioned, I use the one for hazel eyes called Black Gold. It's a very intense black color with little gold flecks in it. But the flecks don't scream GLITTER at all, they are actually very subtle, and can only be seen on occasion when they catch the right light. It is really a very pretty effect, and very unique.
The only con I found is that I had to really use a lot of coats to get the intensity and look that I wanted. I took one lippie off for that.
Overall, I love this mascara and will definitely repurchase. It's not my most favorite mascara ever, but definitely a great one in my book. I think it's kind of sad to see that this product seems to be a dud for so many other people..