December 18, 2014 | 1824 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by f1ayed

This is my everyday go-to mascara.
I have the one for blue eyes and it does have noticeable sparkles but I don't notice any 'brightening.'
It's very natural looking, so if you want intense volume and length and curl and whatnot this isn't for you. It does add length and define your lashes but you can hardly tell you are wearing it and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
In terms of wearability, it stays on all day with minimal flaking or sparkle-shedding. I've never gotten raccoon eyes and it doesn't get on your eyelids when you're applying it.
I received it as a gift so I'm not sure how much it was, but since it's a drugstore mascara I'll assume my mom didn't have to put another mortgage on her house.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by prissy973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised how long this mascara lasted withouit drying out. There is nothing special about the packaging. The brush looks like any other brush, It also smothered around my eyes. The only thing that stuck out is how long is was good before it ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lisamaxum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I bought this because I thought that the brush displayed looked awesome. I was really looking for a replacement for my CG Lash Blast because the brush was really starting to annoy me; it's impossible to apply this mascara without getting some mascara on your eyelid. So I was on the search for a product that had somewhat of the same base, but didn't have a huge ass brush. This replaced it perfectly. I always buy waterproof mascara during the summertime. I was only looking for a mascara that separated my lashes nicely without clumps. etc. Overall, it doesn't really deliver on what it claims (to brighten your eyes) but I did however think that the sparkles in it were cute and the packaging is some good stuff, it REALLY lengthened my lashes, it's amazing; it doesn't smudge, easy to apply. Very clean :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by jazzsm191

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Hmm, I'm in a love hate relationship with this mascara. I have the one for blue eyes, though I have green eyes. There is shimmer/glitter in it and it is silver and gives a pretty flattering sheen. The base colour is pretty black, though applies pretty lightly. I don't know if I would recommend or purchase again. JUST A TIP; It is really to pretty to apply your HG mascara then once dry, swipe over gently for the glitter :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Another mascara dud from CG. It did nothing for my lashes, nor did I notice anything interesting in their version of black. Waste of $.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by brittanypaige0018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would have to agree with everyone else in the sense that this mascara does not brighten your eyes. I didn't even notice the sparkles in it until I read a review on here and looked at my mascara. Yeah, there is sparkles in it but you really have to look to see them. They are very subtle. My cousin purchased this mascara for me to try and overall it is a pretty good mascara, but not for eye lightening. I have brown eyes so we purchased black pearl I believe it's called. I like the application brush. This mascara is more for volume in my opinion. I do not have any problems with flaking or removing this product. While this wouldn't be my first choice, I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Kers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the one meant for green eyes (ruby something...). The colour (purple-ish) is so subtle that I can only see it if my lashes catch the light and I'm holding a mirror within 10cm of my face. The mascara does have a fine sparkle in it, but I find that it gives my lashes a dusty appearance. Overall the colour just looks like a dull dusty black. If you want a mascara with a bit of colour in it, this one is a waste of time. I think these would only be good if you were looking for a less intense black. The mascara did make my lashes look fuller, but did little for length or curl.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ASIAN lash review: or for those with short, sparse or downward-pointing lashes.

My hubby bought this for me at Christmas as part of a eyeliner-mascara duo in Black Pearl. I thought the sparkly aspect to the mascara was neat, but quickly decided that they didn't do anything.

-Curl factor: nil. It weighed down my curled lashes immediately after application
-Colour: black with some sparkle. Not that exciting
-Sparkle dusts off onto your cheeks at the end of the day
-Goes on pretty smoothly, but doesn't create volume
-Smudges

I like a more dramatic look (though not with spider-legs) because my Asian lashes need to be that exaggerate to look somewhat noticeable. This just doesn't do it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by FabKass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought it in black pearl for brown eyes. It didnt brighten my eyes like advertised but I like how the brush seperated my eyes unlike other brushes where I had to struggle to get an even coat. For a simple non- expensive mascara with an ok brush buy it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by trinitycharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the blue/black shade (can't remember what it's called. Has to do with sapphires). Anyway, this doesn't brighten or change the look of my eyes or lashes in any way. No length, not volume. My eyelashes look exactly the same, except that the tone/color is somewhat different---maybe lighter than my already black eyelashes. When you have stick-straight Asian lashes, you kind of want more than just NOTHING. Yeah, it's waterproof....woopee....but that's the only positive about it. The wand/brush is also not my favorite. It's like a hard plastic with really short bristles that don't move or anything. It doesn't look like it picks up much of the mascara, so hardly any goes on your eyes. Maybe that's why my lashes don't look any different than without it. Either way....don't waste your time.