December 28, 2014 | 1213 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by chrisvelley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely HATE this eyeliner even though this thing comes on smoothly, after 5 minutes it won't matter because it begins to run EVERYWHERE! It runs so much that i looked like I was crying and I should be for the price I payed for this mess! Let's just say that I will never buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 6:11:00 PM More reviews by hiphopdance5

Rich dark black
Creamy
Easy to apply and doesnt tug
Why the bad rating? SMUDGE SMUDGE SMUDGE...lord, I couldnt get this stuff to stay in the same place to save my life. Within 5 minutes, it was down my eyes, in the corners, everywhere. Ive seen bad eyeliners before but those usually come from those cheap brands that you can't expect much from anyways. I was surprised how much I disliked this eyeliner since I'm usually a fan of Maybelline cosmetics. O well, definitely won't be repurchasing but that's just my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this! My HG liner is Givency Magic Kajal and his is just as black and smudgy as that. I use it on the days I don't want to deal with Givenchy's extra chubby pencil. I love that this is skinny and you don't have to sharpen it. This does not smudge on me but I love these types of liners. I will be purchasing this again. Truly a black color. Wonderful on my NW45 skintone.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Misshelenax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Firstly, this eyeliner is the QUEEN of smudging.. whether you did it yourself or not.
The texture of it is quite nice and creamy and glides on well, but doesnt stay very long.
It really doesnt live up to its name of 'define' a line, because the line is not defined at all! The tip is too thick for me, and the 'sharper' that it comes with is pretty useless.
It works ok on the waterline, but doesnt last too long.
If you want a eyeliner for smoking out and smudging, give this a go, but dont waste your money if your looking for a more natural defined look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Layni1006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this eyeliner just about every day. It is very creamy and glides on a rich, dark black. I only use it on my top lash line, and I layer it over a lower-quality waterproof eyeliner I own from something else, and have no serious issues with smudging or fading. Couldn't say how it performs on the waterline; I mostly use kohl if I want to line my lower lid. I have bought this four or five times and will probably keep right on buying it. I have not found any other eyeliner I like as much.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner does glide on like a dream. And it's cheap. The black is dark and defined, but other than that it's sub-par. The only reason I would buy this again is if I needed a black eyeliner to carry around for touch up purposes since it's cheap. I guess I'll do that now then.
After about 7 hours, the bottom is smudged and the top is not as dark as it was in the morning. The smudger is pretty much useless as it's not stiff enough to do much, it just wiggles around and it's very flimy. There are other pencils with smudgers that work much better. This review is pretty much the same for the Slate Gray version, that's just a gray color.
Yeah, it's meh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a basic staple for my sexy smoky black eye look. The pencil is creamy & easy to apply ... mistakes are meaningless since smoke out the line with the smudger tip ... & cleanup is otherwise easy because the texture is so soft it wipes away without pulling ... so yes unfortunately that does mean the color bleeds after an hour on oily skin ... but it's the easiest pencil I've ever used on my eyes without tugging or irritation & I love it to pieces. It's the only eyeliner product I prefer to use.

I have this in Ebony Black and Slate Gray. I hope to find more colors from this line (brown & purple). For me it's the perfect eyeliner ... I really don't care about the eventual smudging, I'll gladly tolerate it since ALL makeup smudges on me. I have the oiliest eyelids I've ever known. I jus need to quickly check the mirror every hour.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by laurenheartsmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Total waste of my money! It's very creamy and black but it's like smudge-city with this stuff----don't get it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lexaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This eyeliner goes on very dark & smooth. It's extremely easy to apply and very blendable. The color is rich and creamy and looks great. However, it smudges really badly and gives me terrible raccoon eyes! Would not recommend buying this product, especially if you have oily skin like I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I was genuinely shocked when I saw the overall rating for this product. Personally I think it's fantastic! It goes on a very rich black, and doesn't really smudge for me. It transfers onto my upper waterline perfectly when I squeeze my eyes tight, thus eliminating the extremely awkward (and sometimes painful) tight lining procedure. It stays put pretty well, and doesn't irritate my contacts. I'm on my 3rd pencil, and I will continue to repurchase!