Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Oleic Acid, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Propylparaben, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Trisodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007). 6/1/09

on 4/9/2011 2:37:00 PM

I'm not sure if it is completely my HG, but thus far I have yet to encounter a foundation that has the staying power of this, has buildable coverage and does not make me break out. During the day, I like to mix it with Cover,girl Clean foundation to make the coverage a little lighter, but at night I can wear this alone and it will be on the next morning when I wake up. Yes, I know, it's dumb to wear makeup to bed...but I am in college and it happens. I have found that this foundation works best when applied with a makeup sponge, but different applications work for different people:) My only complaint is the price, but $42 is not bad for what this product does.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm continually on the hunt for the perfect foundation. My holy grail. This one so far comes very close. It's a very good match, color wise, it's oil free; comes in a glass bottle with pump! The price is $42, so it's a little pricey, but I would pay more for my HG. A little goes a long way, so you don't need much, which is a definte plus. It applies smoothly and looks flawless. I kept looking at myself, I just couldn't believe the finish. I applied a light dusting of powder (MAC MSFN in Dark) to set and I did use Smashbox Photo Finish primer before application. I did not purchase did foundation, but recieved a sample at Sephora. I was given a nice amount, enough to last at least a week. I will make my purchase decision at the end of the week and will update my review at the end of the week.

on 4/4/2011 12:32:00 AM

I really liked this foundation compared to the other foundations I had been using in the past. It offers great coverage and lasts all day long. The only issue I have with this foundation is that it is really tacky and I feel like it doesn't control my oily skin as well as other foundations. I like the fact that it doesn't oxidize on me as well. However, I probably will not be repurchasing because I am constantly changing my foundation because I like to try new things.

on 3/17/2011 4:19:00 PM

This foundation is the very best for photography, It's the only foundation I can use and not break out from. Make sure to use a damp sponge though, it contains no oil so it will be too cakey without it. Love it!!

on 3/11/2011 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foundation was good in that it did not aggrivate my acne prone skin at all. No breakouts is always a plus. It didn't do much to control oil, but nothing ever really does.

Coverage was sheer to a buildable medium; I used a damp sponge and found it every easy to work it. I saw there were several complaints about the finish/consistency - but once I used the right application tool, I had no problems. Just be sure you apply all over the face with the sponge to get a sheer finish 1st and then stipple back over the areas that need more coverage. It helps if you work in one area of the face at a time and apply the foundation to the back of your hand or a pallette 1st so you can work it into the sponge properly.

My main complaint with it is that even the fairest shade is very, very yellow. I purchased the Porcelain Ivory. The color continues to oxidize throughout the day, so the effect intensifies as you wear it. I find that many Laura Mercier products lean towards being very warm toned and in general I cannot use them.

on 2/6/2011 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
-controlled oil
-made my skin look glowy
CONS:
-made me break out TERRIBLY. I'm not acne prone and I always have clear skin, it's been 2 weeks and the breakout still hasn't cleared up from this
-cakey

on 1/25/2011 2:39:00 AM

There are way better foundations out there.
Even in drugstores or HE. Good coverage, bad consistency.

on 1/24/2011 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation does not make me break out, but does not look amazing. There are much better foundations out there.

on 1/16/2011 9:10:00 AM

This used to be my number 1 favourite foundation a few years ago. The reason I loved it so much was that the lightest shade was a perfect match for my skin and it had medium-full coverage, which at the time I needed as I had acne.

When I ran out of this foundation, I didn't buy it again only because it was not readily available where I was living in Southern California (I had purchased it originally during a vacation in London). Now that I'm living in London, I thought I'd buy another bottle (I don't recall which colour I had but it was probably the lightest shade), and it works nothing like I remember. I'm perplexed by this, as the colour used to be almost perfect for me (I still do not have a perfectly matched foundation) and the finish looked great. So, either my skin tone and chemistry has as changed or the formlua and colour of this foundation has changed (either are possibilities).

I recall that this foundation dried rapidly, so you had tpo work with it very quickly. That wasn't a problem though as the formula was so good that you could work in small areas and there wouldn't be seems or patch-work of makeup, as it still had a slight blending ability once you laid it down. I'm not able to work with it like this anymore though, I find that the rapid-drying formula doesn't blend very well on my skin anymore and the the colour no longer blends with my neck.

I'm posting this review as I'm really interested to hear from others that had experience with this foundation in the past but are not satisfied with it now. It's very likely my skin has somehow changed and doesn't work with this formula, but the change is so drastic I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar experience?

This WAS a major thumbs up product for me in the past, so maybe it's still a great foundation but it doesn't work with the current version of my skin for whatever reason!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great medium coverage foundation!! Very light-weight. I always use this foundation for all my weddings because it doesn't look heavy and doesn't feel like your wearing anything. For those having issues this is a HIGHLY pigmented product meaning you use less product, this is a good thing. Here's the trick: hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! It is sooo important to hydrate then prime before using any product for optimal results. think of it like this, your skin is like a sponge so it is going to absorb the product before it can have a chance to blend. Even if you are oily, still hydrate, but with something more lightweight and comfortable. Once skin is prepped, take a tiny amount and blend with fingertips starting in center then with a sponge blend out, this will give flawless coverage but won't leave a heavy caked on effect. Best of all it is buildable!