July 25, 2014 | 1238 users online

Liquid - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Shaelyn10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PROS:
-controlled oil
-made my skin look glowy
CONS:
-made me break out TERRIBLY. I'm not acne prone and I always have clear skin, it's been 2 weeks and the breakout still hasn't cleared up from this
-cakey

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by BLUSHlNG

There are way better foundations out there.
Even in drugstores or HE. Good coverage, bad consistency.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by gigidolce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation does not make me break out, but does not look amazing. There are much better foundations out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by red77tube

This used to be my number 1 favourite foundation a few years ago. The reason I loved it so much was that the lightest shade was a perfect match for my skin and it had medium-full coverage, which at the time I needed as I had acne.

When I ran out of this foundation, I didn't buy it again only because it was not readily available where I was living in Southern California (I had purchased it originally during a vacation in London). Now that I'm living in London, I thought I'd buy another bottle (I don't recall which colour I had but it was probably the lightest shade), and it works nothing like I remember. I'm perplexed by this, as the colour used to be almost perfect for me (I still do not have a perfectly matched foundation) and the finish looked great. So, either my skin tone and chemistry has as changed or the formlua and colour of this foundation has changed (either are possibilities).

I recall that this foundation dried rapidly, so you had tpo work with it very quickly. That wasn't a problem though as the formula was so good that you could work in small areas and there wouldn't be seems or patch-work of makeup, as it still had a slight blending ability once you laid it down. I'm not able to work with it like this anymore though, I find that the rapid-drying formula doesn't blend very well on my skin anymore and the the colour no longer blends with my neck.

I'm posting this review as I'm really interested to hear from others that had experience with this foundation in the past but are not satisfied with it now. It's very likely my skin has somehow changed and doesn't work with this formula, but the change is so drastic I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar experience?

This WAS a major thumbs up product for me in the past, so maybe it's still a great foundation but it doesn't work with the current version of my skin for whatever reason!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by fairladyzzxchik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great medium coverage foundation!! Very light-weight. I always use this foundation for all my weddings because it doesn't look heavy and doesn't feel like your wearing anything. For those having issues this is a HIGHLY pigmented product meaning you use less product, this is a good thing. Here's the trick: hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! It is sooo important to hydrate then prime before using any product for optimal results. think of it like this, your skin is like a sponge so it is going to absorb the product before it can have a chance to blend. Even if you are oily, still hydrate, but with something more lightweight and comfortable. Once skin is prepped, take a tiny amount and blend with fingertips starting in center then with a sponge blend out, this will give flawless coverage but won't leave a heavy caked on effect. Best of all it is buildable!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by jellibellyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i am nc 30 and in this foundation my shade is vanilla beige...i have very oily skin with acne scars and everytime i put this on it makes my skin look flawless and smooth..(i apply mostly with finhgers looks justas goood with flat top brush or just bout any brush)i could probly go a shade darker...this foundation doesnt melt off my face med to full coverage doesnt break me out nor oxidize.i only blot my face once or twice witthis on. sometimes it looks good inphotos other times i look pale..i would buy again despite even though its so expensive 42 plus tax!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Chrisbeans

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this product after my normal foundation was recalled (Clinic Superfit). I read some great reviews about Laura Mercier foundation and decided to give it a try. My face is dry, but VERY oily in my T-zone. With most foundations I have to use an oil blotter about 2-3 times while at work for 12 hours (under office flourescent lighting). With this product, I havent had to use one AT ALL!
I also love that in outdoor natural sunlight, my face looks matte and not oily with foundation. I use with the finishing powder and it looks great.
The reason I didnt give it 5 stars, is because im a little worried. Clinic made my skin look great with no make up on. But reading reviews about this product, im nervous about getting that "gray/dirty" look after using for awhile. So I suppose, I'll have to just wait and see. So far, have only been using 3 weeks. I will keep you posted !

**UPDATE: Lowered my rating due to the fact that it seemed to make my actual face appear "dull" after prolonged use. After a month of not using it, my skin tone has improved dramatically. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by may529

After all the great things I've heard about her products, I was excited to try her oil-free foundation. Unfortunately, like many others, this was not the one for me. The only shade that came close to my skin color ended up looking ashy on my face, until my face started getting oily, which then the foundation basically melted off. Personally, I feel like trying to find the perfect foundation to match your skin tone & type is like a dating process, and it sucks!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product just popped into my mind. I remember using this foundation years ago & I thought that it was the most uncomfortable foundation that I had ever used. It's extremely heavy for an oil-free foundation. I always felt as if I wanted to wash my face while wearing this product. This foundation made my face feel dirty & grimey. Also, this foundation would slide off parts of my face only after a few hours of wear. If I were to rub my nose or scratch an itch on my chin, noticable makeupless spots could be seen in those areas. I would then have to reapply the foundation just to make it look somewhat even again. One should NEVER have to reapply liquid foundation throughout the day. That's what blotting/setting powders are for. It didn't break me out but it looked cakey, felt heavy, & made my face look greasy. Would definitely not recommend for oily skinned individuals.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

4. Very pricey
5. It could make you look older
6. Looks somewhat dull in pictures
7. BROKE MY SKIN OUT LIKE CRAZY
I wore it for a few days and I got small bumps on my cheeks. I think it's clogging my pores though I have been cleaning my face well at night. I think it might be due to the high concentration of talc in the product. My face was covered with red bumps after I washed my make up off tonight!