September 19, 2014 | 1151 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by aguskl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Clinique claim : No matter how well you protect your skin, sun, stress and pollution bring daily damage. Now a potent moisturizer works overnight to deliver a unique complex of eight rapid and delayed-release antioxidants that defuse this free-radical activity. Helps keep skin strong and prevent visible signs of aging.

Review: So far so good, it does moisture my skin but not too sure about making my skin strong (whatever that means)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ncw1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried the combination to oily skin version in a sample pot, after hearing a very positive review of the cream. Initially, i was impressed that it kept my skin matte during my long hours in a hot busy restaurant. I used the cream for 2 evenings and one morning, until i began to see terrible irritation. I discontinued trialing the sample pot i had, and the irritation took a long time to calm down. It is now 3-4 days afterward. Initially the irritation was extremely tight, red skin on my chin area, the sides of my nose, and my lower forehead, especially the area around between my eyebrows. It progressed to a very dry rash with whitehead very small pimples and lots of them. The next stage was very sore skin from bleeding where the skin had opened. This was at the sides of the nose. These are healing, and i am suffering mostly now from very dry flaky skin especially in the cheek area and just generally very flaky skin. This is all such a shame as i had gotten my skin to a very good texture. I have learnt my lesson. I am pretty sure that it is the cereatyl alcohol in the product that has caused this pretty strong reaction. This ingredient has high irritation and comedogenic levels scientifically. I won't be putting another product containing this any where near my face again. Just glad i hadn't purchased a full size bottle of this. Just awful for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i usually like clinique products, but this seems to clog my pores. it doesn't feel especially moisturizing either, so i keep applying it, which maybe is what's clogging my pores :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by leyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Profile: Male / 22 / oily-acne prone
I have only been using this for a week, anyway, here I go:

Pros:
-you only need to apply a small amount and spread it evenly so I could see this last a long time! (Approx 6 month of daily use at night)
-a little is hydrating enough, maybe it's just me? I have oily skin.
-it doesn't upset my acnes and actually calms down the redness, weird I know, but it happens.
-it sinks in very fast.

Cons:
-omg the price, here is around 65 USD per tube. I MUST USE THIS SPARINGLY!
-i think it makes my skin oilier, as I've told you I usually only apply a small amount but it makes my face so shiny... A healthy shine, but wait an hour you'll see me turning into discoball (party, anyone?), so it's best used at night time only.

For now it's not a hate but a lot of love but annoyed with the price so I'm rating it 3. will update in march.

UPDATE:
Yes it makes your skin plump, radiant, and more evenly toned. Nevertheless I can't stop noticing the birth of new acnes after using it every night. So I tried using it every other day, and this solved the acne problem. Maybe it's too rich for everyday use.
But that's just me, my skin can't handle too much good, how unlucky of me. I'm giving it 4 lippies because I tho it doesn't work so well on me, I firmly believe in the goodness of its ingredients and this will be good someone out there who's less acne-prone. All and all, good product, but just not suited for me.

UPDATE:
Okay, I'm bumping it up to 5, I recently changed the version from combo-oily to combo-dry, although I am combo-oily, weird thing is, I didn't get any break out from it even tho I've been using it daily(okay, so I've only used this combo dry version for a month). I don't get why the combo dry version works a lot better on my face, but I'm guessing because my skin is combo, it's always best to try which combo it is your face has(mine is dry on the cheeks, very shiny on the nose, normal on forehead, I know, weird)
So for those who have a combo type, I suggest that you try both version(combo oily or combo dry) and see which fits your face perfectly. Anyway I'm so glad I can use this product, because really, the antioxidants are just THAT impressive.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oooh, this one was a heartbreaker. I really loved that it made my skin look so smooth and moisturized, and even gave a bit of mattifying to keep my oiliness at bay. I really hated that it broke me out after a few days. I tried it again a few times to be sure it was the culprit, and I get several new zits overnight every. single. time. I use it. Sorry Clinique, it's not me, it's you. Back to the drawing board for a moisturizer for oily skin. Someday someone will get it right. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by taureangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've decide to try out this Clinque product after reading the reviews here, i thought of not writing a review on it...too lazy...but then i was tinking i can't be so selfish to bank on other peoples reviews and found this great product then keep it all to myself....so i would like to share my thoughts for this great product. I would say....its works GREAT for me! I have got oily yet very dehydrated sensitive skin, i need something hydrating, frangrance free and yet does not break me out. i had not been using Clinique products for years after trying for their Turnaround cream which disappointed me greatly many years back. 1st point: this product is FRAGRANCE FREE had me attracted to once again consider this brand(I do not like frangrance in any of my facial products/Body moisturiser as it feel so artificial), 2nd point I came to MUA to read reviews of all of the other ladies who had tried it and convince myself to take one more chance on Clinque moisturizer. Ok...ordered online....product came....moment of truth: my first feel of the texture on fingers was good, it was creamy (The turnaround cream i last tried i remembered it was sort of gel cream & does not sink into the skin at all), no fragrance....i love the creamy texture, as it really makes it feels like it is really a "cream" and it was still pretty easy for me to spread all over my face AND it just sink into into my skin (some cream just seem to stay on the surface of your skin/does not absorb)...that instant i was very satisified and happy with giving a shot again for this product!! No regrets, been almost using it for a month, and so far this is one of the best moisturizer for me, i will DEFINITELY repurchase again n again unless i can find another one better than this.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by lmaliski

Even though I have combination skin, the oily areas of my face tend to get dry at night in the winter (go figure!). I purchased the "Very Dry to Dry" formula of this night cream. So far, so good! I love the way this feels when I apply it: it blends in to the skin and seems to form a nice barrier. I wake up with a dewy look, not oily nor dry. I'll give it another lippie if it continues to amaze me after a month's time. :-)

02/27/11 UPDATE: Love this night cream. It continues to hydrates, I wake up every morning with super soft skin and I don't break out. Added another lippie...it's worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by LuxuriesLove88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh my, i cant say enough about this product. It's the best night moisturizer. The quality is amazing, not too greasy and absorbs very quickly. What's interesting, it's not oil free product but for my very oily skin, it's perfect because it's not making me oily at night as i used to be without it, and break outs dont occur at all, i cant wait to wash my face at night and apply the Rescue. After application, the skin is super smooth, soft,velvety and has a healthy glow, but not greasy at all which would be fatal for my oily skin. In the morning my skin looks much better, not as I just woke up, much refreshed and toned. I cannot be more happy about a night moisturizer and every time I apply it, i dont regret on spending almost $50 with tax. The smell is though a little annoying, but fades away in seconds. What I also like that it comes in two choices, dry to very dry, and combination oily to oily which is really conveniet for both parties.
Love this product, would like to try SuperDefense SPF25 Moisturizer from the same de-aging Clinique line, planning on using Rescue for quite some time, unless will find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by emge27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using the product for skin types 3 and for for about two to three months now and it has really calmed my skin and made it look noticably better than before using this,. No other moisturizer I've ever used before has had such a positive effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by BellamyBlue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my night cream of choice for about a year now, and Iím on my 3rd tube. Clinique isnít a skincare brand Iíd put a lot of faith in, normally Ė especially after purchasing the daytime counterpart to this (Superdefense ďSPF25Ē), only to learn that the sunscreen in that cream is not stable and the antioxidants are worthless.

Anyway, Iím glad I gave Clinique another chance. Iím 22 with very dry, somewhat sensitive skin and I live in a cold climate. What Iím looking for in a night cream...Lots of moisture, and general skin repair to keep me looking fresh. I'm not worried about wrinkles, yet, but I would like to stave them off for as long as possible. I purchased the ďVery Dry to DryĒ version of this cream, and I have to say, itís not as moisturising as I expected it to be. Thatís why Iíve taken 1 lippie off Ė it has the consistency of a cream for normal skin. I layer it over Dermalogica's Skin Hydrating Booster, and with that support itís just rich enough. Just. I wish it were a little creamier. Another minor gripe...Itís quite stiff in consistency and not very spreadable, so I have to warm it up between my fingers and then press it into my skin one section at a time. Now that Iím used to this application technique, itís fine, just different from my previous slap-it-on approach.

In the morning I wake up with a glow, but I have had night creams that left me...glowier. (Bobbi Brownís was my previous favourite, but it seems to have been discontinued. I also liked the Lancome Hydra Zen one, but I had 17-year-old skin then and it wouldn't be fair to compare!) It definitely keeps my skin even toned; Iíve worn very little skin makeup in the last year, but Iíd credit that to my whole skincare regimen, rather than to one miracle product. I do think the Clinique cream improves the condition and resilience of my skin over time; itís reliable and contains good ingredients, so although it doesnít completely bowl me over, I give it a solid 4 lippies.

I love that this comes in a hygienic tube, which also keeps the antioxidants good. I like that it doesn't make any ludicrous time-reversal claims. Itís not too expensive, compared to some department store night creams with fancier packaging and a famous face to promote them. Itís not cheap either, though (£34 in the UK). Iíll continue to repurchase unIess I find something even better.