Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer

4.1

Dry Combination: Water, Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Jojoba Esters, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower) Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Plankton Extract, Arabidopsis Thaliana Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Creatine, Adenosine Phosphate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Sorbitol, Sea Whip Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Micrococcus Lysate, Trehalose, Niacinamide, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cholesterol, Zeolite, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Caffeine, Sodium Rna, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Linoleic Acid, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Lecithin, Dimethiconol, Isohexadecane, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Tromethamine, Caprylyl Glycol, Zinc Pca, Mannitol, Isodecyl Salicylate, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Polysorbate 80, Disodium Nadh, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sulfate, Maltodextrin, Ferulic Acid, Dextrin, Xanthan Gum, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

I've been using Clinique's Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer in the Combination Oily to Oily formula for about a year now. I'm not sure how to feel about it. I love the scent -- very natural, almost smells like oatmeal. Being a night moisturizer, it is definitely a bit heavier than their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, but not super heavy. A little bit of product goes a long way, which is great because it's pretty expensive. I purchased it because, although only in my mid-twenties, I want to have great skin when I'm older. This claims to protect your skin from daily damage by using eight antioxidants to defuse free-radicals. I can honestly say I have no idea whether or not the product is doing this, and I'm not sure how I would know. My skin looks great and feels super soft after applying, but it looked just as great using the DDMG at night (though, perhaps, not quite as soft since the DDMG is a lighter formulation). Still, I wonder ... do I need these antioxidants to delay the aging process? One thing, though ... I think it may be causing the occasional zit to pop up on my otherwise clear skin. I'm super oily, so maybe this being slightly heavy combined with my natural oils is too much. Not sure. I'll definitely continue using until the bottle runs out, and unless I find something else that I like better, I'd certainly repurchase.

on 9/22/2011 3:25:00 PM

The first time I put this on my face, it was ok, altough when I woke up my face was dry on my cheeks. Today I tried it again, as day time moisturiser and it was ok in the morning. It felt nice on the skin, it had a nice smell and my face was smooth. But by afternoon, my nose was itching and my face was blotchy so I suspected that this moisturiser was the culprit. After I washed my face, my skin felt better. I won't use it again and I won't buy it again.

on 8/25/2011 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using this every night for two weeks. I purchased this based on all the great reviews here. I like that it isn't greasy at all, absorbs fast, and doesn't cause me to break out at all. I haven't noticed any miraculous change in my skin and this alone is not enough moisture for my dry, flaky, rosacea-prone skin, but I will continue to use it in conjunction with other moisturizers/serums.

on 8/20/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The purpose of this stuff is to prevent any signs of againg, and although I'm not really concerned about aging in my 20's, this stuff seemed very soothing. I felt like it was helping that tired skin feeling at the end of the day. It also did give my skin a slight radiance, the only thing is I felt it worked minimally and for the price, I want something to go over my expectations.

on 8/3/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am on my second bottle. I absolutely love this stuf. I have a friend that comes over and uses my Clinique creams alot and she always tell me they make her face feel and look so good. I don't know about how good my skin looks, but it moisturizes and has antioxidnets in it so I am happy with it. I don't thinkI will stray anytime soon.

on 8/1/2011 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

A product is worth it when it works and this one does. For some reason, my skin only works with Clinique moisturisers. So, for summer, this is my go to skin nourishment. Light but good enough that my skin feels properly hydrated in the morning.

on 7/19/2011 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was really excited about trying this product - all those wonderful antioxidant, moisture-binding ingredients - and a version for very dry skin, specially recommended by P.B for sensitive skin. Well, it didn't even really moisturize, despite the rich texture. It's meant to be fragrance-free and it doesn't have added fragrance but it has a ton of botanical extracts and the herbal smell was so strong my eyes watered every time I tried this - even though I didn't apply it anywhere near my eyes, I thought my skin might just need to get used to the actives and tried mixing it with a basic emollient cream, using every other night etc - but no, still caused stinging and redness every time I used it, and increased dryness the next day. This seems like a good product ingredient-wise, and in theory the rosemary extract etc shouldn't be in high enough concentrations to be irritating so maybe I'm just ridiculously sensitive. I'll use this on my hands or feet and just keep looking for a night cream with some decent anti-ageing benefits that I can tolerate. I'm starting to think it doesn't exist.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry combination skin and so I use the D/CO version. It is thick and creamy so I only put on a tiny blob on my palms and press it into my skin without rubbing it in too much. Leaves my skin incredibly soft, silky and supple. Favourite night cream so far. One of the most underrated product from Clinique (I am in love with the entire Superdefense/Super Rescue franchise).

on 7/8/2011 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* My skin - dry in the winter, combination in the summer and prone to breakouts once a month!
* Pros - Hydrating, fragrance-free, light texture, a little goes a long way and very comforting on the skin.
* Cons - None that I can think of or report of at this time.
* Verdict - I've been using this or about 2 weeks now and so far, so good. No breakouts, no redness, no bad reactions whatsoever. I'll update if this changes but for now, a keeper!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I purchased the "Very Dry to Dry" version and absolutely love this product! Because I have had ultra dry skin, I use jojoba oil after I apply the Clinique moisturizer. My skin has never looked so healthy. Even though this product is WAY expensive it's totally worth it in my opinion.

Popular Moisturizers