January 29, 2015 | 1770 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Elfinoz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't a product that I use all year round as it's too heavy in summer, but in winter it's great. I use it a lot on my hands, feet and legs. It's a very rich body moisturiser and I love the scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by tadukhipa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Gotta say that the first few minutes after applying it the smell was not as pleasant as I had expected. However 10-15 minutes later the smell was good, the skin was pretty moisturized.
I must admit that I did have higher expectations after reading a few reviews but over all it's good and I'll probably buy it again although it's kinda expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 8:09:00 AM More reviews by liea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This helped my dry legs so much that i want to kiss my tub every time i see it. will definitely buy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I had a groupon for the body shop and since i never buy their products, i thought it would be a good way to try their body butters. I bought this one in the largest size . I am surprised I like the smell of this..correction: love the smell. It's much better than the cocoa butter. This sinks right into my skin (compared to my Eucerin--which i love also) and doesn't feel greasy at all. Since it sinked right in, I wasn't sure if the moisture would last long but it did in fact i could tell the lotion was still there when i took a shower the next day. It is a pricey product but i am guessing it will last me some time ..i am going to review the aloe vera one next because i also bought that one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found this too heavy & thick. It didn't absorb into the skin well. And the scent wasnt delicious - which I didn't like either.

I hardly used this & it's wasting away in the cupboard.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by blissta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this product--it's sweet, with a hint of floral. I also love the thick, lightly-greasy-yet-easily-absorbed texture (my skin doesn't feel the slightest bit moisturized), as well, but I can't use it, because my skin itches within a couple of minutes of application :(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by tjolahei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've usually been a fan of TBS products, but it seems like the body butters doesn't do anything for me in the long run. I've got dry to very dry skin. (In the winter time my skin is like fish skin.)
This body butter smells OK, maybe a little to strong, but it's too greasy. It takes a while before it gets absorbed, so it feel sticky on the skin for a while. The smell also lingers and sets in the clothes. The skin does how ever feels kind of moist for a while, but you have to reapply kind of often to keep it moist. I think that this body butter may be better for skins that lacks fat and not moist, but that's just my conclusion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by danai

If you're familiar with the TBS butters, you will know that the scent is the least of their differences; each and every one of them has a different consistency.Hence they all work differently.
This is one of the most hardcore ones I've tried, in the sense that it's one of the really moisturizing ones. It gets down to business and it's more to the point than some other, pretty smelling but less efficient ones. I would recommend this to anyone complaining about dry skin that is not easily healed by other creams.
It's not as creamy as other butters and it comes out almost solid, but in fact as other reviewers have also said, if you warm it for a second rubbing your hands, it turns into creamy heaven immidiately. It's very easy to spread, goes on smooth and generally does sink in for such a rich product.
Now the scent. Well I'm one of the people that were weirded out by it. It's a strange, unusual mix of perfume and nuts; like you mixed a drop of a strong generic fragrance into a cocoa butter cream product. It's not unpleasant to me at all. In fact it can be nice once you get used to it and it's very winter-cozy. I couldn't stand it in hot weather, but then again I wouldn't use this product in hot weather.
In a nutshell, this is a rich product that really does what it promises, with a scent that's distinctive and present (and therefore not for everyone). If you have dry skin that desperately needs moisture, I wholeheartedly recommend this.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin has been more dry and itchy this winter than ever before (I just found out that we didn't get a humidifier on our new, high efficiency, "all the bells and whistles" furnace, so guess what's going in when the holidays are over??). Anyway, my arms upper arms and my legs have been so itchy. I got a sample of this a few weeks ago and loved it. I can't understand comments about it smelling bad or being so thick that you have to warm it up. My son got me a full sized container of this for Xmas and I opened it this morning and just put some on. It is not thick and you don't need to warm it to apply it - it applies very smoothly and the scent, as with my sample, is a nice, light sweet-smelling scent that isn't overpowering (so it's not just that I got a "lucky sample"). I think if previous posters find this too thick or bad smelling, they got containers that are "off" (it happens a lot with Body Shop stuff, I think) or else they've reformulated this. I really like this and will repurchase - it's a great, rich product for a very good price (even better with all the specials that Body Shop has had lately).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by leyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have to say this butter is rich and very moisturizing. However the smell makes me want to barf, and sleeping with something that makes you barf doesn't seem like a good idea.
It's really just the smell that I hate, other than that, it's very nice.