October 22, 2014 | 1583 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is the thinniest primer I have ever used. Most primers sit at the top of my skin and make my oily skin appear more oily. This primer moisturizes and primes my skin, and my makeup looks flawless for hours. I do get breakthrough shine after a few hours, but it still better than most primers I have tried. I got the mini tube for $15 at sephora, its definitely well worth it for the price, lil goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh I had the white one and it made my moisturizer ball off like eraser shavings. I had to do my whole routine all over again. It didn't even control oil, make foundation go on smoother. Worst primer I've ever tried by far, and I personally own 17 primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the Microperfecting Primer in #4-Caramel. I received a generous sample from Sephora and I really love it. I tend to look ashy in photos when I wear foundation, but when I paired the primer with the Mat Velvet Foundation, it was perfect. After looking at a few photos from Halloween weekend, I can honestly say my skin looked flawless with no white cast. I also didn't have any problems with my t-zone, which gets oily after a few hours without the primer. I'm going to have to go back and purchase this primer or get more samples! I truly love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has great packaging - a sanitary pump, and a see through canister to show you how soon to restock.

I got the primer in yellow, to brighten darker skin tones. I feel this is very gimmicky as I was able to tell no difference. I can also tell no difference covering pores or giving a more even canvas to apply makeup.

I apply less than half a pump to my t-zone before applying foundation. This keeps my makeup from "fragmenting" throughout the day due to my oil slick.

All in all, it serves the purpose and I like it. However if I can find a cheaper replacement, I'll use that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a smaple of this from Sephora, I got a lot so I wont have to buy it soon. I absolutely love what this does for my foundation, Its great for when I want a matte look, bcos MUFE F&B can be quite greasy. When my sample is done ill just ask for more lol! Im cheap like that

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by mgonzales

i have this primer in no.5 which is the yellow one for medium skin tones. at first i was really loving this product but after the first couple of days i started to break out. i thought the breakouts were due to that time of the month or my new skin care regime. however in the days where i don't where the primer my breakouts seem to diminish. although this primer was light and didn't feel as if it was clogging my pores it did not hide my pores. it also didn't keep my face mattified all day long. i noticed that after 5 hours my skin starts to look shiny. my skin doesn't get too oily but this primer did absolutely nothing for keeping the shine at bay especially when it came to noon when i start to get oily. i would suggest this primer for girls who aren't proned to breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! I have it in pink (brightens complexion). Actually I don't think it brightens my complexion but it doesn't really matter to me. I love it 'cause foundation applies *very* smoothly and it doesn't make me feel as though my skin is suffocated or unnaturally smooth (i.e. Smashbox's primer). I've used other primers with silicon in them and they don't compare to MUFE's. Have used this almost every day for half a year and have not experienced any breakouts; in fact I think it does have moisturising properties as my cheeks are not so dry any more. Doesn't really control oil, but I use an oil control moisturiser under it which solves the problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2010 5:17:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

This is what I think about the product itself. I don't care about the packaging.

To start off, let me tell you what I look for in a primer: smooths out my skin, non-greasy, ABSORBS OILS, lasts for 5+ hours on humid says, mattifies (bonus).

This is what this primer (original white one) did for me:
-Moisturizes my skin.
**That's it! It did not smooth out my skin like Smashbox PhotoFinsih (btw I hate that product too). My skin was still oily. I don't have a really oily face either.
Currently using Boots No. 7 Mattifying Primer and loving it. Despite its bad reviews on how hard it apples, it really does its job. It just takes time to blend it in, and all the hard work will pay off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My holy grail primer! I love this and have gone three tubes. I've had it in yellow, and blue and am currently on the mauve one. The texture is light and most importantly for me, dries on application to a smooth feeling. It does not leave a slick slippery feeling like Smashbox Photofinish primer. It really helps application of my foundation or tinted moisturiser over the top. I have oily skin and actually use this primer as a 2-in1 moisturiser and primer. The packaging with pump is great and helps to control how much product you get through. It helps my foundation look better for longer which is something I only appreciated when I went away for 3 days without taking it with me and my base started to wilt and wear off after 4 hours. The colour correcting ability of the bases is only slight as they're not strongly tinted but frankly I prefer that as strong coloured bases can leave me looking ashy rather than radiant. Overall thumbs up from me and worth the expensive price.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by NIENEL

Make Up Forever's Primer is a pretty good product. It has more of a fluid consistency. That definitely caught me off guard since I was used to using MAC's Prep and Prime skin, which has more of a creamy consistency. What I like about this primer is that it doesn't have shimmer in it. MAC's Prep and Prime Skin does have shimmer in it. It allows my foundation to last longer and definitely evens out my skin tone. I'll keep this product but I probably won't purchase it again.

I purchase this primer in "0", which is the plain and clear primer.