July 22, 2014 | 2125 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Valerie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this one pretty well. It's good at thickening and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I just have one problem with it. It makes my lashes look shorter than they are. I'm not sure why. Other than that, it's a pretty good basic mascara. It runs a bit when my eyes water, but I guess that's expected with non-waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

So I got this as a little freebie from Sephora, and I did with it what I do with all my little samples that I've accumulated: toss into a separate makeup bag to use in case I need to travel or in case I need to have a mini of something. Well, one day I was bored and I decided to play with some of these little samples. I picked up this one and I am HOOKED. I can honestly say this is the first time that I've gotten a sample of something and I went back to buy the full size. This is a fantastic mascara - it's dry, thick, and black. In fact, may have replaced my old HG, Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black. I swear I've put like 3 coats of this mascara on and it didn't clump or give me spider lashes, it just kept making my lashes thicker and longer. And they don't feel hard. I've worn this for over 12 hours and it doesn't flake, it doesn't smudge, it's just fantastic. What is this stuff made of anyway, magic? It must be. Point being, I love this mascara, and MUFE has once again made something that exceeds my expectations. <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by santokie77

I'm not sure why I purchased this product and wish I hadn't.

I normally need to let my mascaras "dry out" for a month or so before it gives me the ultimate results. Initially when I used this product it didn't work well, so I thought ok...I will get back to it in 3 weeks or so...well that didn't work well either. It was completely dried out at this point.

For the price I paid, any random drugstore mascara I picked out (blindfolded) could have worked as well.

It did not work well for me and I would not purchase ever again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jlrodriguez

I've been searching for a new mascara since my usual, Lancome Definicils, started leaving black marks under my eyes. The girl at Sephora suggested this, and at first I liked it but now I'm not so sure.

First, I hate the brush. I know some girls love big fat brushes but I find it really difficult to use without accidentally getting marks on my eyelid. As far as actual effect, this doesn't do anything special to my lashes. I curl them before applying mascara, and it does help hold the curl and obviously adds a bit of volume, but nothing amazing. It lasts all day with no under-eye residue, so that's a big plus. Even so, I won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by kantaylo626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara as a "finisher." I love big eye makeup and usually layer mascaras. In my experience, this is the best one to add that final layer to make my lashes look thick and SUPER long. I have fairly long lashes, but when I wear this, people always ask if they are fake. For me, it adds that little extra fiber on the end. My only complaint is that it drys out quickly. I can only use it a couple of months before tossing. After years of trying to find a replacement of my cheapy discontinued favorite, lash expansion, I am pretty pleased with this on top of a good, voluminous mascara base.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I got a sample of this mascara. I have to say that I really like what it does to m y lashes. It makes them look really dense and full. It's not the best at lengthening, but it still makes them look substantial. When I do run out of mascara, i can honestly say I might consider buying this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My initial impression of this mascara is that it's crap. I've tried different application techniques (using tips from other posts), but I'm still not impressed. Oddly, this makes my lashes look skimpy, even after two coats. I'll stick to my Diorshow Blackout. If, after working with this more, my opinion changes, I will update. Update: After working with this more, I have decided to give it another lippie. It does work well with a smoky eye or winged liner, however, I still don't find it to be anything spectacular.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by xfhxcsx

This mascara is the most amazing mascara I've ever tried. It's the only high end mascara I've ever found that I've ever considered rebuying. I'm usually someone who has always preferred drugstore over high end when it comes to mascaras, but this is easily my favorite mascara I've ever used. It's a wetter formula which I prefer, and it makes your lashes perfectly long and thick, and when this mascara says black, it really means black. I have nothing bad to say about this mascara, which of course is why it's my favorite.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by juicycouturee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

absolutely my new favorite mascara of all time!! It volumizes and lengthens at the same time. only downside to it is it dries up so fast for the price of it. Ive repurchased already but decided to try something cheaper like MAC and i wish i just sticked to this.so worth the money

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by uglybeautiful

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is MUFE's equivalent to L'Oréal's Voluminous: I can guarantee you that after cleaning them and setting them both lovingly side by side on my desk, both brushes were almost identical. However, L'Oréal's mascara didn't actually invent anything either so basically what you get with both products is a big dense brush with lots of bristles.
I bought my first Smoky Lash with the infamous kit with the HD powder and the pencil a couple of years ago. Since the brush is quite big, you must be careful when applying it, even more so if your eyes aren't that big or if your eyelashes are short. With a little bit of patience and a steady hand, I would get lashes that were pitch black, thick and luxurious. I did notice a tendency to smear a little which didn't bother me that much in the winter months but that was a bit of a pain in the warmer part of the year.
The problem with this mascara is the formulation because it dries up in the tube far too quickly. If there is nothing wrong with the packaging (and there isn't), if it closes tightly and no air goes in, then there must be something wrong with the formula because it dries up too fast. Ok, you are are supposed to discard your mascara after 3 months but honestly I don't always do that and I have gone into my fourth month (and fifth...) of use and nothing has happened. Still with Smoky Lash, I HAD to throw it away because it was almost unuseable, cumply and just completely dry.
Makeup is already a luxury and I cannot afford to shell out the nearly USD 30 this mascara costs here in Spain. I did it three times in less than nine months and it was enough. Trust me, you can always keep the wand and use it with a different mascara.