April 18, 2014 | 1195 users online

Other - Baking Soda

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by mirrkat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for a cleanser and it was gentle. You do need to be careful of how much you put on. I use about 2 tbls of baking soda with 1 tbls of warm water. Use it like you would any other cleanser, but go easy. Its very gentle. I think it did a pretty good job and its better than spending all of that money on a bunch of chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I was using Baking Soda to brush my teeth once in a while but in my country we use it for many many things around the house. For my teeth and mouth- it cleans my teeth very well (don't over do it!) and my mouth smells bad after brushing my teeth with BS but I have no problem with this- it means that the BS clean everything in my mouth. After brushing, I leave my mouth alone for an hour or so and then I use Listerine mouthwash (my favourite mouthwash).
Now I am using it also for other things:
I tried it on my skin- as many others said- if you over do it, your skin will turn red, dry, irritated and may look dull. I used BS as a scrub on my face for 3 times and I didn't pay attention to the results. Now as it is winter and my skin is dry anyway, eventhough I have blackheads and I would need some help with some dry skin being exfoliated, I wouldn't use it now, but I will use it as soon as my skin will get oilier (in the spring summer).
I used it on my hair- I wet my hair, I put BS on my scalp, I massage my scalp and hair, I shampoo, rinse very well and put Vinegar and rinse again. If I use just the BS, my hair will be dry and frizzy, if I put Vinegar it will be soft, shiny, bouncy and my scalp doesn't itch for few days. I use BS on my scalp and hair just once a month. My hair stil stinks after I wash the Vinegar from my hair and when it is dried. Even when I sweat, it stinks...but I like how my hair looks like after the Vinegar and I am happy that the BS cleans my scalp and hair.

And of course, I put BS in a bowl in the fridge.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Zryan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best thing I have ever added to my skin care regime! I tend to get acne around my jaw and cheeks due to the pores there being smaller and more prone to clogging. I use this as an everyday exfoliator and cleanser. I have never seen my skin so clear I want to thank whoever invented this stuff! I just pour some bicarb into my hand and add enough water to make a paste and then rub gently around my face and neck and then rinse with cold water to close pores. Works great as a toothpaste as well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

I donīt think any household should be without this.. the uses are multiple: put a bowl with soda in your refrigerator/cupboard and it will absord odors (just leave it there doing its thing), mix a teaspoon with your liquid/cream cleanser and it scrubs your skin better than any other scrub (not as abrasive..), sprinkle on a toothbrush and it scrubs soft stains off your teeth (donīt overdo it because it can damage the enamel)... If you have a handbag that needs freshening up, sprinkle a generous amoung of baking soda inside it and leave for a few days.. it will absorb moisture and odors (the same applies to suitcases). Sort of a grandma-knows-best kind of product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is great to use a couple times a week to make your teeth whiter! Just sprinkle some on top of your toothpaste when you brush. I have heard that it's not good to use on your teeth every day though, as it can harm enamel... especially if you don't rinse really well. I've never used it in my hair or as an exfoliator on my face though... maybe I'll give that a try sometime. I am a bit hesitant though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

Ever since I was a teenager I have been using this on and off for my teeth. It really whitens teeth and freshens breath.

Now I am on the "no poo" regime and I also use it to clean my hair. It's hard to get the balance right, but when you do, you get the cleanest hair ever - nothing any shampoo has ever managed to do. However, it can be a bit drying even though I follow it up with ACV.

It's great for getting rid of smells in the fridge, or clothes that are a bit musty.

I did try it on my face when I was going through a bad acne time but I think I scrubbed too hard. It only exacerbated the problem. I'm also concerned that it will affect my pH balance. I will try and use it once a week with my facewash and see how it works.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by abluesgirl

Used it in my hair today. Shampooed first and then sprinkled some into the lather. Suddenly I could smell hair dye. I quickly rinsed it out and then when I dried my hair it was really frizzy (more than usual) and my brown lowlights were substantially lighter. WARNING: don't use this on colored hair ~ it will strip the color!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by elin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use baking soda to clean my hair. I have thin, straight hair that can get a little greasy so I like to keep it clean of build-up. I just make a paste with some baking soda and water in my hand and then rub it into my scalp before combing it through the ends. You can repeat this to make sure you clean all your hair, but too much baking soda can dry out your hair. For best results, follow up with an apple cider vinegar rinse, particularly if you have long hair.

Nothing compares to baking soda for keeping my hair clean; it always feel light and bouncy and healthy afterwards, without the frizzy and weighed down feel I used to get from conventional shampoos and conditioners.

If you don't want to do without your normal shampoo, just put a bit of baking soda into your shampoo and it will leave your scalp and hair extra clean.

I also add some into my body wash and use it exfoliate my back.

I'd offer a word of caution for using this on your face, though. I used to mix it with a gentle cleanser and use it as a scrub. It made my skin feel really smooth and it got rid of clogged pores but it also made my face really red. It is quite harsh and should not be used regularly. I no longer use it on my face.

I think I'll always keep some on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Loveeeeeeeee it! I use baking soda once a week in my shampoo. I use it as a exfoliator for my face and my body. Gets rid of all my acne and best of all helps even my skin tone!!! Just don't over do it because it will dry out your skin resulting in more acne. Just use once a week and you will be soo impressed!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by clairedy6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh jeez! This is horrible! I was excited to try it after everything I've heard about it being a miracle worker for your skin..well my experience was completely different. First of all, it hurts like hell!! I mixed about a teaspoon of baking soda with enough water to form a paste and then instantly when I started to rub it into my skin (very gently) it stung soooo bad!! I have never put something so harsh on my face, it felt like my face was going to burn off! My eyes were watering so I had to rinse it off (not the easiest thing to do), and even after I was done it still hurt. I thought, maybe it was worth the pain...nope. I didn't see any difference in my skin at all. So I tried it again the next day, and I had the same horrible results. I would try again but I just don't think my skin could get used to that, it hurt so bad.