September 30, 2014 | 1951 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by dc1407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing product. I first learnt about it when I browsed the Duty Free catalogue on the place en route to the Dominican Republic. A brush that prevented breakage even for the knottiest hair? I had to have.

I have very thick, nipple-length hair and brushing can be a chore sometimes and I feel like I do a lot of damage whenever I brush it. Anyway, cue Tangle Teezer...

It cost me about 8 on the plane and I've never looked back. I travel quite a lot so I've ended up buying another 3 or 4 since I've come back so I always have one handy (I tend to lose things if they're not attached to my arm) and they're about half the size of my usual hairbrush with a handle so they can easily fall to the bottom of bags etc.

I'm not sure how it works, but quite frankly, I'm glad it does! Every girl should have one of these even if they don't have damaged/dry/brittle/knotty hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by starling21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know how I've lived without this brush! I read about it in a magazine, and Emma Watson was raving about it. I ordered it off of Amazon and am so happy I did. It detangles my hair better than anything I've ever tried. It's inexpensive. It is absolutely amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this brush and have used it for so long, i cant even brush it with a regular hairbrush anymore, too much work, hurtful, andtoo slow compared to the tangle teezer.
I have a massive amount of hair, and i get tangles and matting very easily - i dont like brushing my hair every day - i have wavy hair and i like the "i just rolled out of bed"-look, so the tangle teezer is perfect for when i have to comb it before and after showering. I feel like my hair is healthier and i have a lot less breakage/loss when i brush it now, compared to when i used a regular brush.
I love how it fits perfectly in your hand too, and you have a better feel of how the brush combs through your hair. I think this is part of the reason i cant use a regular brush with a handle anymore, it doesnt feel natural like with the TT.

My first tangle teezer lasted me about 3-4 years, i recently got a new one because it really needed replacing - the plastic surely does not last forever :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very thick hair with a fine texture that tangles and mattes quickly, making it a nightmare to brush out, especially when it's wet. I usually use a paddle brush (have tried combing also but my hair is too thick) but that just wasn't cutting it anymore - so I decided to purchase a Tangle Tamer after hearing about it on Youtube. Well, like gmsterling this product was not a miracle worker for my hair either. But, it is a vast improvement over previous brushes I've tried. It does slip through my hair more easily but with big knots and snarls I still have to work it through (carefully) and add lots of detangler to brush them out. So, for me this brush is good but not great. I am still glad I bought it though, and it wasn't very expensive - $8 at SallyBeauty.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by 000Natalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so - my hair is pretty long and quite fine, though I have plenty of it. I have to admit that I dye it and straighten it more than I should. My hair dresser used a TT to brush conditioner through my hair... I couldn't believe how easily it slipped through my hair to make it tangle free, so I bought one! I use mine in the shower each time I was my hair and love it! My hair dresser suggested that I use it like a regular hair brush during the day to reduce any breakage - I'm yet to really do this as I like my hair to have body and volume which you can't achieve with the TT. Overall, I definitely recommend the TT.. Especially those with long or tangley hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Milisenta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I have a very moody hair, in fact in never looks the same two days in a row! Consequently, when I read about tangle teezer, i thought 'well, this must be another advertisement trick, it probably works well only for those who have no problems with their hair- with or without tangle teezer'. I wouldn't say i have problems with de-tangling, but because my hair is somewhat between straight and wavy, it looks like a bunch of icicles within about 10 minutes after i style it. Nonetheless, i was way too curious and encouraged by 25 percent discount i purchased my very own compact tangle teezer. What can i say? I am more than pleasantly surprised:

1) it IS perfect for combing wet and dry hair
2) it DOES easily and painlessly detangle
3) it IS incredibly easy to clean
REVIEW: I am removing one lippie because frankly it doesn NOT work miracles every time:) it still IS great for detangling but not so helpful for styling when it comes to my hair: it still flies in all directions it chooses, but i love to use tangle teezer on wet hair.

Extra benefits for me:

feels very soft on scalp
somehow adds extra volume to my hair and emphasizes my haircut!
my hair looks fuller, thicker and not so 'icikleish'

It is not a cheap buy but i highly recommend it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sandy84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had mine for a while now, it is a godsend!! I ended up taking off the top rounded part that you hold on to, and it is much easier to hold now. It also makes less noise when you comb. I'd still love to see a handle on this but it has replaced all my other combs!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by qmsterling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was not the miracle-worker I had hoped for on my hair. BUT! It works amazingly well for my dog!!! A Japanese Chin, she has long-silky hair and really dreads the slicker pin brush. This alternative feels good to her and doesn't pull, so she's not uneasy when it makes an appearance. The design also makes it easy for me to handle while I'm brushing her. Who knew? :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine hair but a lot of it. Many people with my hair texture recommended this to me, unfortunately it was not a miracle product. Didn't remove knots easily or glide through my hair. Clumps of my hair are sitting at the bottom, meaning it does indeed pull it out. I guess I'll be using a wide tooth comb forever.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll just cut to the chase: I, for one, would love it sooo much more if it had a handle. It'd be so much easier to work with.
Fellow curly girls know the drill- most of us prefer detangling in the shower with conditioner in our hair to provide extra slip for our grooming implements. Well, conditioner in this case isn't the only thing giving slip...the Tangle Teezer is a fan of slipping right out of my hand and totally going projectile in the shower when it's wet. I also want to note that because this brush fits directly in the palm of my hand, I also partially wind up finger-combing my hair and snagging my nails because my fingers hang over the edges of the brush. I have a TON of hair and it seems like adding a handle to this brush would definitely make my detangling sessions go by a bit faster as well.
All that being said, I really do love the Tangle Teezer. It is THOUSANDS of times better than my crappy wide tooth comb which did nothing but rip gobs of my hair out no matter now gentle or slow I was. However, I can't say that I really prefer my Tangle Teezer to my regular old Goody paddle brush. Why? The Goody brush has a handle of course! It's a lot more easy to use but it's certainly not as gentle on my hair as the Tangle Teezer is. The Tangle Teezer also defines my curls a lot more than the paddle brush does.
Though my 3b hair is insanely dense and typically rather knotted by the time wash day rolls around, I really don't find that I have to brush tip to root or even section my hair off when I use this. It glides right through my knots with no tugging or pain and seems to get through every layer of hair with relative ease. I also haven't noticed any damage to my hair from using this product either!
As far as similar products go, the Tangle Tamer Max is supposedly comparable to the Tangle Teezer but has a handle. That said, it's handle is flat rather than round and I've read that it's no easier to hold on to in the shower than the genuine Tangle Teezer is. Shaun P. & the gang have recently come out with a more shower friendly version of the Tangle Teezer (with non-slip coating I believe) but I don't think I'll being running to my nearest Sally's to pick one up anytime soon. It is also oddly shaped and again without a handle. :(
Over all, I do love this brush but I can't help but wish it was more easy to use.