Tangle Teezer

4.4

on 6/16/2013 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

FYI, for all users who said the tteezer is taking out their hair.

We shed 50 strands of hair each day naturally - i.e. shedding. If you find that with the tangle teezer, this is about the amount of hair that is in the brush, the product is likely working well, and not taking out any more hair than you would be losing anyway. - Also, if your other combs are only taking out 2 or 3, it means they may not be working very well.

Also, if you have hair that is soft and tends to snap easily, bend the bristles of the brush. If you have this hair type, you know you need to change what you are doing when you see pieces of your hair and not whole strands.

on 6/12/2013 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love , love , love ......LOVE the tangle teaser , I have fine curly tangle to the ridiculous degree hair , this is amazing , it does not break my hair and if it did it would be no more than a regular comb. This is faster, more gentle and just amazing, price is high but the product does the job. Grab it , don't like it move on. Takes about 2 min to detangle hair rather then 20 minutes.

on 6/10/2013 8:31:00 PM

First off, I find the price to be expensive for a hair brush - I normally buy $2 ones from the $$store for context.

This pulls out a lot of my hair - much more than my regular brush. I didn't realize until I cleaned it today and a ton of hair was caught in the brush. I have very fine hair so I really can't afford to lose any of it. It does detangle, and it does a good job of it but the amount of hair it pulls out makes this a dud for me.

on 6/5/2013 6:15:00 PM

Ouch this hurts! I bought this a month ago...
I agree with others, the 'magical' Tangle Teezer pulls out and BREAKS hair, and for what? No idea it does an average (or worse!!) job in detangling than any other cheaper plastic brush. So extremely overhyped, I'm not satisfied with the quality either.
I'll stick with natural bristle brushes.

on 5/29/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

My hair is thick, MBL, and I am transitioning to natural hair. I needed something to thoroughly detangle my hair and I noticed that a wide tooth comb was not doing the trick. The teeth on this thing LOOK scary, but it is surprisingly gentle. The tangle teezer is amazing! It thoroughly removes shed hairs and knots with minimal breakage. I was shocked at how well it works in my thick hair and new growth. It is a bit awkward to hold, but you get used to it after a few uses. I would NOT suggest using this on dry hair. I only use this on damp hair AFTER my leave ins have been applied. The price is a bit much for something that looks and feels so cheap, but I would totally buy it again if my current one breaks.

waste of money. i have a brush already that does a much better job, doesnt hurt, doesnt scratch the scalp, and is actually easy to hold because it has - genuis! - a handle! who designed this thing? its not remotely ergonomic, and is easily dropped. this thing is absolutely no good for my very thick and long hair. dont get all the rave reviews, at all. i guess the brush i already have isnt owned by many people

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

WARNING

This does what it says and gets the knots out more easily than a regular brush, but it pulls out SO much hair.

I have compared to the hair left on the tangle teezer compared to my normal brush, tangle teezer takes out close to a clump each time while my regular brush takes about 5 hairs.

Even when my hair is perfectly brushed and knot free, the tangle teezer still pulls strands out and I don't even know why. I don't even yank or do it particularly hard, I'm always sure to be gentle.

I'm too scared to use it now and only do when my regular brush can't do the job.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this brush! My hair is pretty thin, limp, dr and tangles pretty easily. After using this brush, none of my hair breaks, even when I am just out of the shower. It helps detangling my hair a breeze! Strong recommend this brush to everyone.

on 4/21/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I guess I'm one of the odd ones out here but this brush really didn't wow me. It worked just the same as any other brush I've ever used except that it was double the price and didn't have a handle. I used it for two months and still saw the same amount of breakage and hair coming out in the brush. It didn't even get through my tangles any easier than other brushes and I'm sad that I spent so much money on it only to be less than amazed.

on 4/13/2013 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love love love!

I bought this because I do like combing my hair when I get out of the shower even though I know it's not the greatest for my hair. The tangle teezer is so gentle on my scalp and makes my hair so smooth!

I've recommended it to my girlfriends and they have never looked back as well. I've already repurchased so I have a backup at work :)

They come in so many colours now which is really cool as well.

Video Reviews & Tutorials