August 1, 2014 | 1668 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Youth Dew

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

This perfume has an ironic name, because it really does have that "old lady" smell. Not anything in the ingredients, just because it is so popular among older women that the association is there when you smell this one. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so strong, but I can't imagine wearing this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Codeblue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dark and brooding like an approaching thunderstorm, this one was way ahead of its time insomuch as it's SO Goth! I wear it infrequently since it urges me to kick off my high heels, head for my chains, leathers, dog collars, black lipstick, dark cloak, and Doc Martins, grab the candles, and glide blackly out the door to attend a seance or a mysterious gothic rite. Old dolls like me shouldn't even be thinking of such things! So smack me upside the haid and call me granny, but it's gloomy, moody, and a perfect scent for Morticia of the Addams Family or Cruella DeVille. Which, in retrospect, isn't particularly a bad thing.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by mkhongms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG!! First started wearing the Parfum that came with my Christmas set of minis. On me this is sweet but needs to be used sparingly. Too much and it smells like strong baby powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by meltorme2005

reeks like a$$. scrubber after trying on in ulta, yikes!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Glam1

My mom uses this perfume and I decided to try it.
It smelled awful and I had to get in the shower right away to take it off.
Not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by hapababy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like many of the other reviewers, I didn't care for amber fragrances when I was younger--I didn't like Opium either. (Estee Lauder reportedly dismissed Opium as "Youth Dew with tassels" when it was introduced.)

I wanted to find a warm, Oriental fragrance that I liked and my DH could tolerate (he's not much of a perfume guy) and this was the one. It won out over the similar (to me) Cinnibar, because Cinnibar dries down to that fakey cinnamon spice candle smell.

One spray lasts all day, and I do enjoy the scent, but because of the perfume's popularity, I'm afraid that I'm walking around reminding people of their great-aunts.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by pricep2399

I am obsessed with this fragrance. A friend wore it and I hated it on her ... but now I love it. My personal theory: once you're around the halfway mark of life, things that smell loamy become weirdly appealing as a way of getting used to death. Not that I think YD smells like 'death' but I do think that's the source of the 'old lady', 'dirt', 'funerals' and so on revulsion regarding this fragrance. I'm especially into the weird rubber note ... it's like a skid mark or a strip from a blown tire, or even like a big fat tire itself just sitting in the middle of this frag. It keeps me coming back to it. Too bad I live in a hot humid place and cannot possibly wear this year around.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

Every time I use this one, or smell it on someone else, I remember the 60's all over again. ;-) Guess it has to be the age thing, but I really do like this fragrance. It does seem to smell different on most people though. I say that because sometimes I think it is a different perfume on a lady and when I ask, she usually says it is Youth Dew. Youth Dew to me has a spicy, woods, leather, and incense smell all rolled into a blend together. It only takes a very light spray to go a long way and to last all day.
UpDate:
I recently bought a new bottle of this one. I noticed it on a lady in the store and mentioned how nice she smelled. She told me it was Youth Dew. I decided then to get another bottle for myself. I was nicely shocked to see the price is still very reasonable. $30! Most of my fragrances cost over $100 so this was a real treat. I still only need a little to go a long way which makes this fragrance a great deal if you are old enough to wear it. ;-)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by sarasweetie99

This perfume has to be one of the worst smells ever! My Mom dropped a bottle of this in our basement once and it smelled like soiled laundry!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by switchbladie

cute bottle, vintage looking. but honestly not my cup of tea.

i get mixed reviews at my job. the younger people and men say it smells like hippies and inscense. the older ladies at my job love it. and my circle of friends hate it and screamed old lady when i sprayed it.

funny thing is i have no scent glands in my nose so i cant really give it my own personal review. other then im told on me its not a good scent. with the name "youth dew" you would think it would be a light colored/scented purfume.

i got it as a gift from x-mas from an old man (that explains it!) so i feel bad not using it. i only wear it when i know im going to be walking around or outside alot becuase one spray honestly goes a long way and i feel like after airing out for a bit it can be pleasent.