November 23, 2014 | 1495 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 88 eyeshadow palette

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by starlesssky386

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I got this for Christmas last year. Sooo excited when I got it! Most of the shadows are great. A few of them are chalky, and some of the shades are so similar they are basically the same thing. But that is maybe 4 of them? Love this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by yvettelovesmakeup

LOVE this palette! The pigmentation of the eyeshadows is so good! I cant wait to buy more coastal scents palettes! Definitely recommend this to everybody!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday. It has good highlight colors too. I wear the shadows using milk jumbo pencil underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by rocynthia

This was the first eyeshadow palette I ever bought because I was a beginner and I wanted to try a bunch of colors without paying a lot of money. Since then I've tried a bunch of different higher end palettes but I find myself still using this one quite often. It has so many gorgeous colors and even though they sometimes are a bit chalky using the right primer they become long lasting, well pigmented, and easily blendable. I personally used UD Primer potion. I had always wondered about the staying power of these eyeshadows till i put them to the test. Last summer I applied my make up at about 11:30am on a really hot humid day. I went to an outdoor concert where the sun was beating down on me the whole time and I was sweating like a pig. I kept running to the bathroom to see if my eyeshadow had smudged but it never did. I didnt get home till about 3am and my makeup still looked really good considering what it had been through. I was really surprised considering these were "cheap" eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Kitch3ntools

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

i love the color range in this palette. not all the shadows are highly pigmented, ive found that the yellows are kinda junky. my sister has this palette aswell and shes mentioned that the yellow fades really quick for her too. the darker shades are really nice if you like wearing dark shadow. for someone who wants to play with color and try new things id say this is a great choice.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by biancastefani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited about receiving this palette in the mail, because of the large colour spectrum! It's given me the chance to experiment with colour, without paying a hefty price for a shade that I may only use once in my life.

Now, the downsides.

There is A LOT of fallout with the majority of these shades, and most are quite chalky and not the easiest to blend. There is also quite a small blue/purple selection: most blues having a purple toned payoff, and most purples having a pink tone. Pigmentation for certain shades is also quite poor.

I'm glad I bought it, so now I know what colours I should and shouldn't spend money on. Will I repurchase? No. I do I think this palette is great for beginners or people who want to experiment with colour and not fork out a large sum, but the cons out-weigh the pros, in my opinion, if you're looking for a professional palette with a wide colour variety.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by MissAuroraD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Trying to figure out the rating for it, I couldn't think of what I don't like about this palette. I absolutely LOVE it. I've been buying from Coastal Scents for about a year now, and this was the first product I received as a gift. Just looking at it makes you want to dive in and start experimenting with different looks! Like everyone's said, it's very pigmented. The color you see is the color that will show up, but it's easily blendable. This is one of the most versatile makeup products I own. I use this for highlighting different areas on my face, as well as contouring, I fill my brows with one of the matte brown shades and constantly get compliments on my eyebrows, and I also wet my small, angled brush and use the darker colors as eyeliner, which lasts all day. My friends are always asking me to do their makeup, and when I bust out the 88 palette, they always get so excited to get done-up. Go get yourself one, definitely worth the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Glowydazzle12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of this palette. Although the eyeshadows are pigmented they are in return chalky and crazy fallout is the outcome!
The packaging is quite cheap, some of the shadows break and fall.
However it is very useful to test out different looks and colors.
I prefer the 88 shimmer or the bh cosmetics palette

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the color range, but I'm not convinced about the quality.. Some are very chalky, but I think it's fun to have because you can create many different and fun looks with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by jenlea8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own the 88 Matte, the 88 Shimmer, and the 88 Meal Mania. My favortie out of all of them I would say is the Matte palette, you don't get as much fall out. I love these palettes, it is very easy to travel with and I love using them on my clients, these aren't only for beginners. It's all about learning how to work with the product. Although the Metallic and shimmer have a bit more fallout you learn to work with those in a different way to make them work. Love the sleek compact packaging as well, great bang for your buck.