October 22, 2014 | 2116 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Summersmiles

I used this as an everyday facial cleanser and it smelled AMAZING. I loved it because of that. Then I started Breaking out more and more because of this product. I looked like a pizza face. I am so not going to buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by elifisiklar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't use Neutrogena products as they contain some infamous chemicals like parabens. (I strongly advice you to pay attention on the ingredients of your cosmetic products) Before I cared about the ingredients though, I was a big fan of their hand cream, also liked the Liquid Neutrogena cleanser and their lip balm. I got this as a gift from a friend and used it for 2 weeks (3 days in total) when I ran out of my own facial wash.

I personally didn't like the smell at all, and it actually stays with you for at least an hour, both on your face and hands. I'm not really an allergic person, yet, right after I used this product I had a burning feeling all over my face and palms that lasted for about 15 minutes. Might be just coincidence but after the first day there was a big zit on my chin and I barely ever get zits. (And no, my period wasn't close so the zit wasn't menstrual-related.)

If you decide to use this despite its infamous ingredients, be aware that this is NOT for daily usage. It contains salicylic acid to get rid of acnes, and just like any other product with s-acid, it dries the skin. Plus, look at the ingredients. The ingredients aren't as smooth as a daily wash should be. My advice would be use such strong cleansers like this one just once a week or less, and get a more natural product to use daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by randomlol99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A couple years ago i started to get acne. I came home and saw zits and i panicked. I rarely got zits and when i did they lasted for a day. The next day i woke up and the acne was still there i panicked and called one of my best friends. She revealed i had been stressing out a lot so the acne was from stress. I then saw a add for Neutrogena and it pulled me in . I went to the store and bought some.Then after i took off my make up i tried it out. After two hours my face felt burning hot like it was almost on fire. I ran to my sink putting water all over my face then put on moisturizer to calm down and get rid of the burn. I did this for the next week only after i applied it i put on a moisturizer to make sure i never felt that pain again . After a week of using it i noticed my acne going away and eventually gone.This Product Rocks! The only negative thing i can say is the packaging is not that good. I went to the beach and took it with me and it spilled in my travel bag. I cleaned up the travel bag and used the rest that stayed in the bottle. This product + your favorite moisturizer is the ultimate weapon against ace!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by MermaidInOhio

I love this stuff! First off though, I do not typically get many breakouts/blemishes. But, when I do... They hurt and are usually the result of stress or clogged pores from a new product or sunscreen. I use this cleanser only when I am having a problem because it is pretty drying. It works like magic. Within a day or two my clear skin is back. I would recommend this for occasional use. Definitely will repurchase. I bought some today actually

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by mel2133

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

prior to buying this product my I was getting a few blemishes on my cheeks nothing major, so I decided to try this cleanser to see if it would help. Sadly this cleanser was extremely drying and irritating, after a few times of using it my face was red, irritated, and oily. Even while your using this you can feel how drying this cleanser is. my best advice for those having problems with breakouts and skin problems is too avoid harsh cleansers that can further aggravate your skin issues as it happened to me. Like they say less is more, especially when it comes to skin :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by LandonJones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product. It smelled great and the dispensing pump was so convenient. I'm super oily, and even this stuff completely dried me out. I found myself itching at the sections of my face that we're starting to peel, and it didn't help my acne at all. It was horrible. I love Neutrogena, but they really went wrong with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Min90

Average cleanser which I don't think is worth repurchasing. I didn't mind the fragrance, and I didn't find the formula too stripping. I don't think it broke me out, but at the same time I don't think it did much to clear my skin either.
At first I found the formula too thick and I couldn't get it to foam well. Then after a couple of weeks it started to thin out and became easier to lather. I thought that was kind of weird.
Overall though, there are better products to spend your money on that will do a much better job.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this to use on my face but only used it a few times. It didn't seem to break me out, irritate or dry my skin, but I had other cleansers I prefered.

I decided to use it on my chest to make sure I was washing off my sunscreen effectively, and in the space of using this product, my chest developed small bumps under the skin. I'm not sure if they were clogs or irritation. I've quickly checked the ingredients list and I can't see anything that I know to be a regular irritant for me (off the top of my head).

I didn't finish the product, and I won't re buy. I like some neutrogena products but not this one. I thought the 'grapefuit' smell was very artificial as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this for about a year because I don't try new things too much since I am acne prone.
This product however didn't help or harm my acne at all. It was like a basic and other was.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by StephanieMarie1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this every morning for about 2 months now and Its not one of my favorite face washes I have used before.

It is overall okay, It cleanses my skin and prevents spots, also It doesn't break me out. The main downfall for me was that I have super oily skin in the morning, when I use this it dries my skin out alot, After I've used it I'm left with dry patches and my skin feels very tight and thin.

I would have to say I would not buy again, mainly for that reason.