Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

on 9/8/2013 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First off, I have normal to dry, acne-prone (mostly on my cheeks), easily congested (clogged pores on my chin) skin.

I used this cleanser religiously for about a year and LOVED it. It kept my breakouts to a minimum and made my skin feel smooth and soft. Then I stopped using it and tried other cleansers for a few months (you know how it is... always feeling the need to try new products), and my skin started looking awful!! I started getting those deep, painful acne on my cheeks that take forever to go away and clogged pores all over my chin that are impossible to get rid of. I tried everything... organic cleansers, oil cleansers, other acne-fighting cleanser... no matter what I used, nothing cleared up the breakouts or clogged pores. After about four months of consistent breakouts and clogged pores, I started using the pink Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Cleanser and my skin has FINALLY cleared up again! Literally within a week of using this cleanser, all of my clogged pores have gone away and my cheek breakouts are almost gone!

Yes, this cleanser can be a bit drying on its own, but I only use it once a day (at night) and follow it with a good toner (I use the Michael Todd Blue Green Algae toner which totally re-hydrates my skin!) and moisturizer, and it's totally fine.

I absolutely love this cleanser and have no idea why I ever stopped using it. I learned my lesson!! My skin loves this stuff.

on 9/6/2013 7:37:00 PM

this was the only product that cleared up my acne by 98%, all that was left was a bit of red marks from the pimples.

on 9/4/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I actually really like this product. i only use it once a day in my morning rutine and i love the smell it actually wakes me up! its very gentle and i do have oily skin but not many breakouts. I really dont get all the reviews saing that its super drying cause it has never dried my face...

on 9/2/2013 10:00:00 PM

I bought this for my sister and I with high hopes thinking it'd be a great cleanser to help fight acne. Nope! Now, it's not a horrific cleanser, it does the basic job.. smells really nice, but it was drying and i've used salicylic acid before, so it's not that.
The first few days using it were completely fine, but after a week I found it was starting to really strip my skin and I started seeing little red dots on my forehead so I stopped right there and just used my cetaphil. Same happened with my sister, and my mom... so we've covered a pretty wide age-range with it!
It's good enough to finish the bottle as a once or twice a week cleanser, but I won't be repurchasing a new one when it's gone.

Also, the packaging sucks for travelling... I found it really hard to twist the pump back down to lock it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love this!

I don't understand all the bad reviews.. I've always come back to this when trying new products and it clears my skin up beautifully.. Love it, have used more than 6 bottles.

on 8/13/2013 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this face wash but it is a bit drying. I have oily skin anyways so I don't really have a problem with it. the reason why I love it so much is because it cleared up all my acne. I used to use this but then I switch to another cleanser and it broke me out so bad. So then I went back to this and just after one wash I could already see my break outs going down. But like I said its kind of drying so I wouldn't recommend it for people who have dry skin. But if your like me and have oily skin then I would totally recommend it.

on 8/13/2013 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product is drying but it took care if my acne all summer and I'm excited I found a good acne wash just before school starts. I found if you pair it with a good mostirizer then you are fine

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've used up an entire bottle of this, and it's done my face a lot more harm than good.
I haven't experienced any of the irritation that I've heard a lot about, but I have fairly resilient skin. What I did get, however, is cysts, that gradually multiplied in number and size. I have mild to moderate acne, and I've never had cysts before- and upon switching to another cleanser the redness and inflammation has reduced greatly.
I've also noticed that despite being marketed towards oily skin, my skin became incredibly oily an hour or so after use.
I'm also not a huge fan of the smell- I didn't find it offensive, but it smells like a bathroom cleaning product at best. Definitely not a repurchase.

on 8/1/2013 9:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has turned my oily skin into crazy dry skin... I guess that's better than being an oil slick but it has made my skin flakey and feel so tight it's uncomfortable. It definitely keeps the acne away though.