April 19, 2014 | 1094 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by crnasilvac

This product does exactly what it says - keeps pores and face clean.
All the ladys that are complaining are using it the wrong way. This is basicly salycilic acid (BHA) and it has to be used in controled way.

I have super sensitive acne skin (adult acne). I cannot use benzoyl peroxide as my skin reacts to sensitive on it and the ''lizard'' faze never ends until I stop using it. With this cleanser, it was the first time I succeded in keeping my pores clean without mechanical face cleansing. Hold it about 2 mins. on your face every morning and night so the product has enough time to get in those pores and clean them.
Great thing about BHA is that it makes great chemical peeling which is much better then mechanical one.

You HAVE to use GREAT moisturiser after in order to avoid flaky/lizard skin. I use hydrating serum and then oil-free moisturiser - hydration is the most important part when using these type of products as it will stop skin from overdrying and flaking.

And one very important thing - DO NOT use it if you are going to be exposed to the sun without a good SPF protection - spf 15 is not enough if the sun is strong (if you are going to tan or if you live somewhere where the sun is shining like crazy).
I love to be tanned during summertime so I do not use it in that period as salycilic acid makes your skin 50% more sensitive to UVA/UVB rays. Autumn/winter is perfect time to use it.

If you use it the right way, you will find how glowing, smooth and vivid you skin looks like.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Monkey987

It's an okay ish cleanser, I admit that I keep coming back to this cleanser, I find it lovely on my skin and doesn't dry it out. Sometimes the grapefruit flavour is a bit strong so you only need a little bit which will cover your whole face and makes a lovely foam.
Best bits are that it is oil free which is brilliant for my combination skin and it does remove some of my spots but not all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by katieb8131

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has got to be the WORST product I've ever tried & I have tried A LOT!!!! I used it a total of twice the last time being 2 days ago. Yesterday my eyes were a little swollen & my face was incredibly red, irritated & flaky so I didn't use it again last night.... Well when I woke up this morning my eyes were nearly swollen shut & my skin was even more irritated!!! I had an allergic reaction to it & keep in mind I am 31 yrs old & I have never had an allergic reaction to ANYHTING in my life & I am not sensitive to products at all!!!! MY face is so dry just from 2 uses that I cant even use anything on my face! From the reviews Ive seen today I see that people that have never had allergic reactions before mysteriously are allergic to this face wash! Stay clear from it unless you have steel skin!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Pixmay

Please do not buy this..... Even oily skin need moisture , this is like the one time I didn't read reviews about a product and I'm am allergic,y skin was red peeling and flaky it also broke me out .... And I usually don't have allergies or maybe it was just to drying anyway it seem a lot of people have had a bad experience

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Mandygomez97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, this product is amazing! It's a gentle exfoliate so you can use it twice a day as recommended. The scent is fabulous! It gives me a big boost of energy in the morning. (Pink grapefruit) I have scene major results on my face. My pimples and blemishes have been disappearing after 10 minutes of using it. I have been using it for a good month now and I LOVE it! If you have oily skin, pick this product up because it removes all the gunk in your pours. I don't have oily skin but I love using this product to make my face look shiny and pimple free!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the worst cleanser i have ever tried. Yeah it looks pretty and smells yummy but this made my face a mess! my skin never really reacts to any skincare products or makeup badly, but this made me break out pretty bad and gave me dry patches around my mouth, nose and chin. the first couple times was fine but after that my skin started freaking out so i had to get rid of this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by xevapaige

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this for around 2 weeks. I think the only positive about this cleanser is that it smells really good! I started to get really bad dry patches and spots around my mouth after using this product - not great! Wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

SO FREAKIN' DRYING TO THE SKIN!

Smells fab - works bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by sarahcatherine11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this product so much, mainly because the smell is so great. However, it is a very harsh product that turned any small spot into a small volcano on my face. I stopped using it over 3 weeks ago and my skin has been improving steadily since, but still a way to go.
Love the packaging and concept, but it obviously has a lot of strong frangrance and colouring in it to get it that way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

First off I love the smell. It sure does cleanse your skin and it makes my skin feel fresh. It can be drying though but moisturizer takes care of that. I however didn't feel like it improved my acne but it certainly hasn't made it worse.