Avon MagiX Face Perfector

3.7

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE 7.5% OCTISALATE 4.0% Other Ingredients: DIMETHICONE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CELLULOSE CYCLOMETHICONE CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINA ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER SILICA NYLON-12 HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE C30-45 OLEFIN PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER POLYETHYLENE BORON NITRIDE PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TOCOPHEROL

on 10/11/2011 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Yes this product is super cheap, but it has a consistancy like Crisco (and a smell). Does not control the oilies at all, in fact I think it makes my skin look even oilier. Paid about $7 on ebay and after trying to make it work it's going in the trash.

on 9/24/2011 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I've tried a couple of other primers...Rimmel, which seemed more like a moisturizer than a primer & Lancome La Base Pro which felt & looked good but made me break out & didn't do much for shine either.

Magix was the first primer I ever tried & I still keep coming back to it. I love it. It feels velvety soft on my skin, made my complexion look super smooth, & softens the look of fine lines, especially around my eyes, which us 40 something's really need...lol! It also controls shine & doesn't make me break out, which is definitely a plus! I apply my BE Tinted Mineral Veil on top but even without it, my skin looks flawless. It didn't hide the spots as well as I'd like but I haven't found one yet that does. The scent is odd, but I've actually grown to like it. It's like a combination of dark chocolate & coffee. :) You don't notice it after you apply it anyway. It's one of the best primers out there. It's inexpensive & it does the job & then some.

on 9/21/2011 8:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Very impressed with this! Really does give my oily/dry skin a matte finish even after the extra thick moisturizer I put on beforehand. I haven't tried it under foundation yet but if i'm going without make up I feel naked without it! Even at the end of the day when my face starts to get oily it stayed completely matte and soft to touch. It felt allot like Benefit's porefessional primer but at a fraction of the price. Will definitely be buying more when I run out of this tube.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Just started using this product so may need to update later but so far I really, really like it. I do not usually wear makeup but as I am aging, I thought I'd try this product. It does give a nice glow, controls shine and provides SPF protection! Will buy again and again if no flaws appear.

Update: I have used several other primers and illuminators in a range of prices and I keep going back to this one. It is great especially for the price. I recommend putting this product on half of your face and seeing what a difference it makes! I wear this alone with no foundation.

on 8/31/2011 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm afraid that I won't buy this product again, although I really want to love it. The claims of this product I wanted; primer for foundation (of course!), absorbs shine (supposed to look great on skin w/o make-up), SPF 20 (that's unique!), and has highlighter added to give the skin a healthy glow. Add to these claims, the price: $7. I'm sold!
However, while it does fill in fine lines and pores, it does NOT absorb shine (even after an hour), and even causes me to get milia on my face; particularly around the corners of my nose and on my chin. It's a great little package. But if you are very oily or acne-prone, I really can't advise buying it.

on 8/15/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My skin hates this stuff. It breaks out seemingly at the mere sight of the tube. Plus something in this causes my face to burn around the lip line & the outer corners of my eyes. And the product seems to do nothing at all. Just left me feeling like I had a nasty film over my skin. Oh yea and it smells funny too-like a dirty washcloth or something.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I can't seem to live without this product now but not for the reason that it promises. For me it does NOT "perfect" my skin, it doesn't seem to control oil, doesn't perfect or help my complexion, and does not lessen visible pores. I don't think it does those things for me at all but what it does do for me is helps my makeup go on nice and smooth. I like how it feels and helps blend my foundation nicely. Other than that, it's not much on promises. Yes, I'd buy it again because of the little that it does do.

On a side note:
I just purchased the new forumlation of the primer that comes in a compact and they call it Magix Mattifier....I will NOT buy it again. I'm just as oily in 2 hours as I am with this regular MagiX Perfector and I like the Perfector better.

on 7/31/2011 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Comparable to smashbox photofinish but a fraction of the cost and much better - doesnt ball up like the photofinish did. On my second tube - must be good

on 7/13/2011 9:43:00 AM

I don't get the fuss with Smashbox primer. I thought it was rubbish. Just a serum that went on nice on my skin, but did nothing concerning keeping makeup in place.

I love AVON's Magix. It goes on smooth as to be expected, makes my skin matt and helps my makeup go on even and lasts.

on 7/5/2011 11:10:00 PM

Ok so this stuff is really inexpensive so a few years back I thought I would give it a try(it was a fundraiser for my little brothers school) prior to falling in love with smashbox photofinish primer. This stuff makes your face super soft but I'm pretty positive it was making me break out. Plus I don't really think it worked all that well. My make up didn't really stay in place, my pores looked the same, I got greasy fast. Just not the best product especially when there are so many great primers out there.

Popular Primer/ Correctors