Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.7

PPD: 5.1, Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 4.9%, Octisalate 4.5%, Ensulizole2%, Titanium Dioxide 2.4% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I have been using it for years. I love that it's an everyday face lotion that has spf (without have the grease sunscreens frequently have). Not only does it have spf, but it's spf 30 and UVA/UVB. Other face lotions I have seen only have an spf 15 if they have any at all. I put this on right after the shower, and I don't go a day without using it. It moisturizes very well. If I'm going to be outside all day, I just apply it in the morning and I don't even have to reapply - even after being in the water! I don't get sunburnt at all, which really says something because I get beat red if I don't wear sunscreen.

This is a great spf lotion. It's gentle on my acne prone/combination skin. It doesn't irritate. It provides good yet not too heavy moisturization during the summer time. In the winter I'll put this over a slightly more winter friendly day moisturizer to still keep the high spf sun protection. (It doesn't provide quite enough moisture for my skin in the winter, hence the four lippies instead of 5.) I'll also mix this sometimes with my liquid foundations to create a tinted moisturizer. I love that it has a pump, because that makes it more sanitary. This is a solid product to be a part of anyone's skin care routine.

Just a bit of a background on my skin: Extremely reactive, and for a long time, I was unable to wear any kind of SPF I tried because they all caused severe irritations to my face.
For some reason, despite wanting to give up on finding SPF that worked, I tried this out of desperation. My skin actually loves it. It soothes, it moisturizes and it protects! It does have a bit of a white cast at first, but I make sure to blend it in really well. No irritation, no breakouts.
I find the finish leaves my skin quite dewy and healthy looking.
All I can say is thank the Universe for this product because I don't know where I'd be without it!

This didn't seem to actually moisturize my face very much. When I would finish putting it on there would still be dry spots. It only seemed to leave my skin feeling a bit shiny/oily. Only plus side, it comes in a decent bottle with a cap for the pump.

moisturizing with a high spf without the spf smell and it comes with a pump. One pump of this stuff will do. What else can you ask for. A plus? CHEAP!!

Several months ago, I resolved to slowly start transitioning my skin care to less expensive, high quality, and tested products. I have tried several lines and regimens including Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Lancome, Ole Henriksen, Caudalie and most recently, I have been using only Bobbi Brown skin care. I won't lie, I love it. I think that some high-end products are worth the cost and others, well you are just paying for the marketing and packaging. So, I've been on a quest to replace any product that is not on my "must have" list.

I'm really excited to write this review, because this product is the first to make it on the new list! It is replacing my Shiseido Sun Protection Cream for Face 55 SPF. I have been using this face cream religiously for years so this is a big deal! Before I found the Eucerin, I found no other face creams/ lotions with enough SPF that also didn't make me oily and gave me the kind of matte finish I loved about the Shiseido cream. Just for comparison, The Shiseido cream is a thicker consistency, smells delightful, comes in a tube, gives you a matte finish, and you get 2 oz for $32. It's really not bad when compared to other brands like Bobbi Brown, which has a SPF lotion 1.7 for $48. However, after reading reviews on this Eucerin on MUA, I decided to try it out. I'm so glad I did. I think I was determined not to like it over the first few days, but after about 2 weeks of use, I realized that the Eucerin lotion provided just as good results as the Shiseido did.

I am an avid sunscreen user. I believe that sun protection is the key to good skin. I also believe that there is too much hype on the SPF #, where pretty much after SPF 15, there is almost no difference. I did notice at least a slight jump in the protection between 15 and 30, so I do try to find lotion that is SPF 30. Anything beyond that is what I think is more marketing, less value.

I use this as my daily face lotion, after my serum and eye cream. Some things I love about it:
- Pump: I use 1 and 1/2 to cover my face and neck. I rub it in the palm of my hands and blot onto my face until I can see that there is a slight white layer evenly distributed. I just continue to blot away until completely covered.
- Matteness: Once the lotion dries, there is no white cast or oiliness. I have oily/ combination skin in the summer and dry/ combination in the winter, so it is important that a lotion does not make my oily. I was most impressed by the fact that midday, I was less oily than usual.
- Packaging: Okay, I'll admit it. I love beautiful packaging. So much so, that I will transfer my products that come in plain packages into my beautiful jars from used high-end products - just for how pretty it looks on my vanity. Call me weird, or just a normal female. However, this is one that I just leave as is, because of how well the pump works. It's functional.
- Consistency: creamy enough that I feel like I am getting good coverage, but light enough to spread easily. I would say just perfect, as I thought the Bobbi Brown lotion was too watery and the Shiseido was a bit thick.
- Fragrance: none at all! I would much rather no fragrance than a heavy one, or one I even mildly dislike.
- Cost: the best of all, but certainly not the only reason I use this - you get 4oz for less than $10. That's just awesome.

All in all, it has taken months to write this review, but I've stopped my quest for the SPF lotion. I'm still on it for others!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite all time ss/moisturizer. My skin gets so irritated from sunscreens but not this and it is cheap too.

Are you looking for an everyday sunscreen to wear under powder makeup or alone? This is the perfect sunscreen for that! It is *not* a waterproof or sweatproof sunscreen.

I have gone through several bottles of this over the years. It is thin, slightly moisturizing, and provides the perfect base to mineral powder makeup. If worn alone, it does give your face a glowy/shiny look but on clear skin days - I love it! I've had compliments on my glowing complexion when I wear this sunscreen with just concealer on blemishes. I am very fair and slightly freckly, and I appreciate the sheer whiteness of this sunscreen. It tones down the redness in my skin and is not obvious at all.

It has never broken me out or irritated my skin. If anything, it helps calm the breakouts I already have. I like that it's not waterproof because I hate that filmy tight feeling of matte waterproof sunscreens. So, be warned: do not wear this to workout because even a small amount of sweat will make this run right off your face. The times I've worn it while running outside in the heat, within 10 minutes I have white sunscreen dribbling down my face.

I love the pump and the slim design of the bottle, it is scentless, and just the perfect SPF for me. I will be so upset if this is ever reformulated or discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Reference: I have oily, acne-prone skin.
I previously used Clinique's Dramatically Different Gel but wanted something with SPF consisting of physical sunblocks, oil free, no retynil palmitate, and nonwaterproof (because it clogs my pores).

Even though this isn't oil free I decided to give it a try and I love it! For the first week my skin felt kind of greasy because it was still getting used to it but ever since then it moisturizes well but not too much and it seems to prime my face nicely before applying my MMU. It is a lot more even now and my redness seems to have gone away significantly. It also did not break me out which is unheard of when it comes to my picky skin.

As far as the white cast goes if you apply it to your fingertips and rub them together a bit to warm the product, theeen put it on your face, I find that it is very easy to spread and leaves no white cast or streaks. Love the packaging too, the pump is nice. I took off one lippie because it does have castor oil in it and some chemical sunblocks.

I have used this every morning for over a year, and I really like it! I have the strangest skin ever--it's oily and dry at the same time, and extremely sensitive along the sides of my nose and between my eyes. I still have some acne/blackhead/clogged pore issues, while at the same time I'm now dealing with signs of aging. I never thought I would be able to use a product with spf, even though I knew I needed it. My mom introduced me to Eucerin, and it works great for me! It moisturizes adequately while not being greasy, although I do have to put a heavier cream on my easily-irritated areas as well. It feels good to actually be using something that will hopefully improve my skin in the long run, instead of just slapping something on because it's all I can tolerate.