Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion - Broad Spectrum SPF 30

3.8

PPD: 5.1, Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 4.9%, Octisalate 4.5%, Ensulizole2%, Titanium Dioxide 2.4% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Cocoglycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG 40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin

on 9/25/2011 3:01:00 PM

I started using this after I react to Cetaphil Daily Lotion with SPF 50 which I have been using it for over a year after i diagnosed with rosacea, and this was recommended by my derm. I have to find a replacement, and after several online search, and reading the reviews I decided to give this a try. I've been using it for over 2 weeks, and so far so good. It is even better then Cetaphil. Is lighter, and it contains zinc oxide, and Titanium Dioxide which is good for people to use with rosacea as sunscreen. I'm glad that i find this as replacement, and I hope for those who is using and/or thinking to use it, GOOD LUCK! Update 11/13/11: I finally stopped using it last week because I start to realize that this clog my pore, and also it seems like making my rosacea worst, now I m back to square one on looking for another sunscreen that I can use.

on 9/19/2011 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really hoping this would serve better as a facial moisturizer, but that was just wishful thinking. It's not very moisturizing at all, especially since my skin is really dry. If I apply it to a dry spot, it doesn't alleviate it at all. I also really don't like the smell. It has the strong zinc scent that's characteristic of most sunscreens. However, it was slightly less than $10, which is pretty inexpensive for what it is.

on 9/18/2011 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a staple in my morning face routine. If you have dry skin like me, it really cannot be used as a moisturizer alone. However, after already moisturized face and before makeup, it works brilliantly. It does not make me greasy, it does not have a horrible white cast, and it does not give me milia, hives or a rash the way others have. It provides a bit more moisture but is in no way greasy or heavy like other spf lotions. It has a bit of a white cast at first (not nearly as bad as most) but it disappears for me (NC20) after a few minutes. I rub it onto my palms & pat it into my face. It also works fantastically as a makeup primer but make sure you wait for it to set first (10-20 mins). Also, I love the pump but wish it locked instead of having a dinky cap. All in all, it's just wonderful for my dry and sensitive skin!

on 9/10/2011 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I started using this product a while back and i absolutely despise it. It doesn't moisturize and leaves my face feeling very dry and flaky so i would not recommend it for dry skin at all. It also leaves a white cast on your face but fortunately it doesn't last very long and fades away. After using this for a few weeks i also started to develop dry patches all over my face which i can only blame this "moisturizer" because it was the only item that was new to my skin regime. The only good thing about this product is that it has SPF 30 and that it has no fragrance and it's good for sensitive skin, other than that i cant find anything i actually like about it. I don't recommend it at all and it is just a wast of time and money.

on 9/9/2011 2:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Over all is a good product. I have tried other lotions and always come back to this one.

on 9/7/2011 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had been using thus far olay's sensitive spf 15 and spf 30 and i loved this at initial purchase when i found it for 8 dollars at i think Walgreens. why? you get just as much product (4oz) as the olay spf 15 with the protection of the spf 30(only 2.5oz) AND it was geared towards sensitive skin users and fragrance free --all at the cost of LESS than the spf 15 (beat THAT olay spf 30!!) how could i noT buy it!
Anyway the next day i couldnt wait to use it. I pumped out two pumps (i thought two would suffice as i had been using two pumps from the olay spf 30) and i quickly noticed that it was more than a generous amount for my entire face, too much even. I dispensed one more and put dots all over my face and neck and smoothed it in. One of the first things i noticed was the scent. This is labeled as fragrance-free which means no fragrances were added thus... the natural ones would be left over i.e the sunscreen scent etc. i HATED the smell. it smells like... idk medicine and pepto cherry and something i just can't place. but i didnt like it. anyway it was very milky, even more so than the olay spf 15. and it spread very quickly and dried alright i was fine with that. what i noticed LATER in the day was that my face was dry in some spots and oily in others, with the moisturizer shedding flakes when i'd wipe (i'm NOT a combination person --normal) so this was a red flag for me. and i left me a pinK cast??? maybe it was just my skin and this. but the olays didnt do that to me at all. i won't be repurchasing

on 8/22/2011 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had been looking for a face lotion with a good SPF. I tried Cetaphil SPF 50 & it broke me out. I bought this without having high hopes for it. I love it though! Doesnt break me out or leave me greasy !

on 8/21/2011 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros: lightweight, not greasy, works well under makeup

Cons: slight white cast (but disappears quickly), not very moisturizing

Comments: I am so glad I discovered this! This is such a great basic sunscreen for those with oily skin. It's not too moisturizing, but that's nothing that an additional moisturizer can't fix. It blends well and the white cast disappears quickly. What I really love is that it's not greasy (it will be shiny at first, but goes away after it sets) and didn't make my skin more oily. It also works very well under makeup, almost like a primer. My foundation didn't look cakey at the end of the day - it literally made my skin and makeup look BETTER. I have no idea how, but I'm pretty happy with it!

Will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have sensitive dry skin and thought I can't go wrong with Eucerin. It's made for sensitive skin, right? Well, as soon as I put this on, my face felt extremely uncomfortable, tight and itchy. On top of that, this sunscreen tingled the entire time I had it on giving me dry patches, (with only a few hours of wear) after which my skin took 3 days to recover.

This sunscreen is poorly formulated. It contains lactic acid ( a form of AHA) that is pretty high up on the ingredient list. Why anyone would put an alpha hydroxy acid in sunscreen is beyond me. AHAs can actually cause photosensitivity, so if you plan on being directly in the sun for extended periods of time, the actual protection you're getting from this product might be significantly compromised. Living in Southern California, I know I don't want to take that chance. I would not recommend this product to anyone looking for serious sun protection and a cosmetically elegant sunscreen.

on 8/8/2011 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i have been using it for 3 months, i was looking for a suncreen doesnt break me out,well,i think it doesnt break me out like others i have tried
however i feel it 's too greasy and too white for my skin. even when i apply on my face after a while,i feel face itchy .