Parlux Jessica Simpson - Fancy

3.9

on 7/8/2011 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I brought this only just recently so I'm still getting used to the scent. It's a very creamy sugary vanilla mixture on my skin. It lingers quite well and mellows out to a light caramel. My friend who tested this perfume said it smells similar to Aquolina Pink Sugar. It just smells yummy!

on 6/30/2011 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

At first I loved this fragrance, it's strong musky vanillaness, but on the drydown it got very sweet and cloying with an afternote of something disgusting that reminds me of the old Exclaimation body spray that my grandmother used to use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Best perfume ever(besides pink sugar)
Love this candied vanilla smell..love love it

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Fancy-this gave me a migraine headache. It was cloying and sickening. Sticky and icky! I might just have an old bottle of it but the fragrance smells to me like cognac, a stale hotel room, and vanilla clove cigarettes. In a word---yikes!

on 5/29/2011 11:21:00 PM

I honestly suck at describing perfume scents, so thats what the notes are for (look it up!) Just kidding lol. I love the smell it lasts on me all day. I got it on Perfumania.com when I had a 25% off coupon code. It came in a gift set with a 3.4oz perfume bottle and I believe a 3.4oz body lotion. It was only $29.80 +free shipping. It was definitely worth it especially for the price. I'd suggest getting perfumes off Perfumania.com because they take coupon codes with most stores will not take on perfumes! (ex. nordstrom, macys, ulta, sephora....)

on 4/30/2011 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I hate bringing ratings down on products but here goes anyway. I wanted to try this one but I did not want to drop the $ for a larger bottle without spraying first. Done this before and paid for something I can't use, so I bought a sample bottle. Sure glad I opted out of the big one! At first sniff, I thought it was kind of nice, sweet, very sweet, but nice enough. It was in the dry down that I really started to dislike this scent so much so, I had to try wash it off. It really holds! I washed, and it still lingered, only now with another scent that I really can not tolerate. Not sure what that note is that stays hard on my skin but it does not set well with my body chemistry.
I can see how a young girl would like this fragrance though. It smells very nice on the take off, but on me it is just sooo sweet. It is literally sticky on my skin! LOL I am pretty sure they do not put sugar into the mix, right?
I will not be buying a bigger bottle of this one. The bottle itself is rather unique in design so I gave it a 5. The price is reasonable so a 2. The overall rating I gave a generous 2 because even though it turned into a horrible icky smell on my skin, it does smell pretty at first, and it last a very long time.

on 4/24/2011 11:54:00 AM

This has been my signature scent for a few years now. I love anything vanilla. I get SO many compliments when I wear it! It lasts a full 8 hours and the pink bottle is so pretty!
It's almost 80 CND for the large bottle....but a few times a year Shoppers Drug Mart puts it on sale for 20 bucks and I stock up!

on 4/21/2011 5:49:00 AM

I love this scent! It's everything I ever wanted! Fruity and sweet and vanilla! I love to smell like a cupcake! Literally! Haha. The initial spritz is fruity and I can smell red berries with a twist of slight apricot. Simply delish! And then an hour or so later, the caramel notes are more detectable than the inital spray. Then hours later, the drydown... The fruity smell is all gone and I am left with a vanilla note. It somehow reminds me of pancakes haha. Mm...! :)

I'm very picky when it comes to choosing scents. And this scent is just my fav! :)
Highly recommended for people who love fruity, sweet, vanilla scents!

on 4/16/2011 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I won't repeat most of what's already been said to describe this, which isn't my strongest point anyway. I'm merely going to echo previous reviews and help the rating by saying this is a wonderful scent for a 'celeb' fragrance, since good ones seem few and far between. "Fancy" as a name doesn't seem to fit this scent for me, because it's not. It's much less ostentatious than that -more like the pretty girl you meet who you expect to be a complete snob and won't give you the time of day, only to be a sweetheart who knits you a scarf in your favorite color just because. Anyway, this is also lovely; not floral nor too fruity, with a good dash of caramel to place it in the 'gourmand' family, but minus the part where I smell like frosting on a birthday cake. Add a bit of spice for more depth and presto. I find the bottle just as attractive as the juice it contains so I couldn't care less whose name they put on it, I just know I like it. Plus at around $20 at Marshalls, it's a definite repurchase when that time comes. Bonus points because my guy likes it just as much as I do which places it firmly in top-shelf territory. He is highly sensitive to everything I spritz so if a fragrance doesn't pass his sniffer (or more accurately, irritates the hell out of it) back it goes. I'm happy I tried this and added to my fragrance collection. It may not be the most unique scent out there but I'm simple: I wear what I like and if it happens to be one that also works with my chemistry so other people like it too, all the better!

Edited 2/16/12 to add: I 've recently gotten many compliments on this after I put back in rotation (and coming from women; generally the biggest critics once I get something past my husband as described above) -everything from the generic "you smell good" to "mmmm *looks around*... what IS that?...now I'm hungry..." so regardless of gender apparently this is still a hit and working for me even though I personally got too used to it and cheated on Jessica with Lolita and Ralph over the winter months. But I didn't give up on her, we um, "just took a break" yeah, that's it... and she's just as lovely as the day we met. Aw.

on 4/13/2011 6:00:00 PM

I really like this perfume. It has a vanilla scent mixed with spicey. Kinda like a vanilla cigar. This is my second favorite perfume next to pink sugar.

Popular Fragrances