April 18, 2014 | 1761 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by mangopancake88

I have clear normal to dry skin. I tried a sample of this and managed to find a shade that suited my yellow-undertoned skin.

It provides a light to medium coverage and flawless satin dewy finish and illuminating glow and leaves my skin with an even, radiant and natural complexion.

The formula has a smooth consistency, glides on easily and blends impeccably so can be easily built up no matter which method you use to apply it and comes in a decent bottle with a pump dispenser.

It feels light and breathable on your face and doesn’t feel sticky like the Chanel Vitalumiere and Chanel Pro Lumiere foundations, and most matte and oil free foundations.

I will not re-purchase this product because of the following reasons:
* expensive
* short staying power – only lasts 2 hours and starts sliding or disappearing off your face even with heavy moisturiser, foundation primer and setting powder
* doesn’t cover dark under eye circles or discolouration
* not hydrating – gives me dry patches

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kycowart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that for the first hour or two of hour, this does give a beautiful, glowy finish however- I found that it disappeared by the end of the day and worse than that, it dried out the area around my mouth. Plus, I find it to be a little pricey and the packaging stinks! It's a pump bottle and because the foundation is kind of thick, turning the bottle upside down doesn't really work either. I even had the drying out problem when I applied it with Lancome's Primer. They do have a nice range of shades though...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by abusleb

It was nice for the first 5 weeks but then I noticed I had so many clogged pores on my cheeks, chin, forehead! And they turned into inflamed red spots! I know it's from the product because it's the only new thing I put on my skin and I never break out this way.....It also took a long time for my skin to clear up - about 2 months.
Too bad! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by grapeape789

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a bummer. Looks amazing when I first apply it but it starts to slide off my normal/dry skin after just 2-3 hrs. I tried it with a lighter moisturizer, tried it with and without primer, powder. Never looks good longer than 3 hrs. It transfers onto everything and somehow manages to look greasy while also accentuating any flakies.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Jayjay88

This product is AMAZING. I used to use prescriptives and get it custom blended ($70) because I had a bit of yellow in my skin...it would look great until I went in the sun....it looked blotchy and you could tell where I applied it and faded after about an hour or 2...but the lancome looks like I've been airbrushed, but it doesn't look heavy nor cakey. Its thick, so it'll last long, and I use less then a dime and it gave me amazing coverage. It lasted several hours and that's great considering its above 100 everyday here! They also have a WIDE variety of shades so it shouldn't be hard to find the perfect color!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by luvbeauty27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and some acne scaring and cant wear heavy foundation or it looks gross and for those of you with the same problem don't try to cover every flaw your just going to be the girl with too much make up "don't be that girl" .I love this foundation no break out and really made my skin look smoother.It also helps you look good in florescent lighting. I use it with absolue powder. if you cant afford that id go with clinique gentle and light powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Medlet

this is marvelous. if you have dry skin, exfoliate first, definitely apply moisturizer. i have always hated foundation, but this is very beautiful and long-lasting and provides a great finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2009 10:07:00 AM More reviews by blondie2cute

Could not find one shade that would suit me, so I was dumb enough to spend $100 bucks on two shades of foundations. It looks really cakey and flaky and disgusting that one morning I stayed home from school because it looked that bad. Definitely not for someone with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by carolinemabrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using Lancome when I started wearing makeup -- but recently strayed to try Chanel, Dior, and Armani foundations... no idea why, because Lancome is clearly the only line that works for my sensitive and fair skin. Photogenic is simply amazing, it sits on the skin perfectly, and my skin looks so luminous (but not too much) with it on. I use the Ivory 2(C) and it is the perfect shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Twiggy12345

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: Turns out it wasn't this foundation causing breakouts, it was a supplement I was taking, - Yeah! - going to repurchase.....This foundation is my HG. Simply put - it makes my skin look beautiful. I have re-purchased this foundation twice and use Buff 2(W) for reference. My skin is combination- oily t-zone,dry cheeks AND sensitive (Lord help me! :) This is the first foundation is a long time that hasn't cause breakouts, evens out my skin, covers redness, and make my skin look luminious. It is oil-free, and comes in glass bottle (something I could live w/o), but it does have a pump, which makes up for it... I pay $48 cdn. quite pricey, but to me, worth every penny! A little goes a long way, 1 pump if my skin is behaving, 1 1/2, if it is being cranky...I haven't had a issue with this not lasting, or oxidizing, the only thing is depending where I am in my cycle, my skin can get quite oily by mid-day, but nothing that a few C&C oil blotting sheets can't cure.. In the winter I also use a light-weight moisturizer under it. If you have normal to combination skin that needs a bit of oomph - give it a try.... Edit: September 2009 - I had to stop using this foundation, my skin has changed, and it is causing breakouts, but I still think it is a fantastic foundation...:)