February 1, 2015 | 1098 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by MissKiss09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I find this is a very good product for me. I am definitely happy I tried this.
Application: I used my fingers to dot it all over my face, then use a foundation brush to blend. I find this is the best way to get the right coverage and not over do it. This also helps to conserve makeup. I do find, though, that if I use too much it streaks a little on my forehead. This might just be a me problem becuase this always seems to happen.
Look: It definitely has that "light mastering" effect. It looks so fabulous in pictures, no ghostly vampire flash effect. The coverage is medium, and I don't think it looks very good if you try to make it full coverage (just my skin though). I find it gives me coverage and luminosity while still looking like skin.
Staying power: While not 15 hours, I find it lasts quite well. I use primer and set it with a powder and it seems to be there after my 10 hour shift (though I may re-apply powder throughout). It's not fully there, but still there. Not as good as I would like, but above average for me surely. It has a silky, slightly greasy, feel but I don't touch my face very often so it's not a problem. If you're a chronic face toucher I can definitely see how this would wear off more easily (by the way, don't do that! It causes all the dirt and grime you've touched to come off onto your face and it helps all sorts of bacteria and germs find their way into your eyes, nose and mouth)
Package: Mine is still fairly full so I haven't had to deal with the last of the bottle problems, but I like the package. The pump lets me control how much comes out, and is easily disinfected. The cap does fall off easily in my makeup bag though!
Price: Ouch. Like $45. But when it's a good product it's worth it to splurge. Also, it's so effective for me that I don't even have to use a whole pump. It'll last quite awhile.
Overall: I'm very happy with this product. I WOULD buy again but I love to try new things so once I'm running low I'll probably try something else but keep this as backup or for nights out. Definitely give this a try! (Remember not to buy right away though! Let it sit all day and see how it lasts for you, everyone's skin is different!)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by vanitybarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a sucker for foundation,what can I say lol.I own quite a few bc I like to see what the higher end brands have to offer. Well I can day I honestly hate this. I have very dry skin and have never dealt this foundation slipping off my skin and being patchy.and semi shiny/oily on the nose after abt 4 hours.so gross. I love the dewy finish it gives @ first but after abt an hour...:-( no good. Sorry lancome think ill be sticking with my chanel vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by disasterpiece

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I was cornered by the guy at the counter(he practically twisted my arm! ha!) but wasn't looking for anything in particular. I just got off work and my skin was scarily blotchy, as usual. He told me about the GWP promo, where it was 52 dollars with a purchase of 36 dollars or more. Anyway, I needed to find something 36 dollars, so I told him I needed new foundation. I have been using MUFE HD liquid foundation and while I do like it, it just lost it's appeal on me. He told me to sit down and did half my face with this stuff. He showed me in the mirror and I told him to immediately do the other side. Holy...this stuff is awesome and does brighten your face while hiding imperfections. You really don't even need concealer. I will be buying again! Plus, he took 10 bucks off my order! Good sales techniques, and good consumer(me). Oh, and you really only need a drop or two. Gooood stuff.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2009 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Addismax

This foundation looks freakishly artificial. I have tried it with lancome and shashbox primers and alone. It pools in pores, and it cracks in lines. It has a bizarre hue to it. I smoke, and have spent many , many wonderful summers in the sun so my skin isn't exactly schoolgirl material so I thought I needed the coverage. I have switched to diorskin nude powder and highlighting pen, which although sheer, looks more natural and younger. If you are stuck on lancome like I was, Renergie looks far more natural.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by mangopancake88

I have clear normal to dry skin. I tried a sample of this and managed to find a shade that suited my yellow-undertoned skin.

It provides a light to medium coverage and flawless satin dewy finish and illuminating glow and leaves my skin with an even, radiant and natural complexion.

The formula has a smooth consistency, glides on easily and blends impeccably so can be easily built up no matter which method you use to apply it and comes in a decent bottle with a pump dispenser.

It feels light and breathable on your face and doesn’t feel sticky like the Chanel Vitalumiere and Chanel Pro Lumiere foundations, and most matte and oil free foundations.

I will not re-purchase this product because of the following reasons:
* expensive
* short staying power – only lasts 2 hours and starts sliding or disappearing off your face even with heavy moisturiser, foundation primer and setting powder
* doesn’t cover dark under eye circles or discolouration
* not hydrating – gives me dry patches

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by kycowart

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to admit that for the first hour or two of hour, this does give a beautiful, glowy finish however- I found that it disappeared by the end of the day and worse than that, it dried out the area around my mouth. Plus, I find it to be a little pricey and the packaging stinks! It's a pump bottle and because the foundation is kind of thick, turning the bottle upside down doesn't really work either. I even had the drying out problem when I applied it with Lancome's Primer. They do have a nice range of shades though...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by abusleb

It was nice for the first 5 weeks but then I noticed I had so many clogged pores on my cheeks, chin, forehead! And they turned into inflamed red spots! I know it's from the product because it's the only new thing I put on my skin and I never break out this way.....It also took a long time for my skin to clear up - about 2 months.
Too bad! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by grapeape789

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a bummer. Looks amazing when I first apply it but it starts to slide off my normal/dry skin after just 2-3 hrs. I tried it with a lighter moisturizer, tried it with and without primer, powder. Never looks good longer than 3 hrs. It transfers onto everything and somehow manages to look greasy while also accentuating any flakies.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Jayjay88

This product is AMAZING. I used to use prescriptives and get it custom blended ($70) because I had a bit of yellow in my skin...it would look great until I went in the sun....it looked blotchy and you could tell where I applied it and faded after about an hour or 2...but the lancome looks like I've been airbrushed, but it doesn't look heavy nor cakey. Its thick, so it'll last long, and I use less then a dime and it gave me amazing coverage. It lasted several hours and that's great considering its above 100 everyday here! They also have a WIDE variety of shades so it shouldn't be hard to find the perfect color!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by luvbeauty27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin and some acne scaring and cant wear heavy foundation or it looks gross and for those of you with the same problem don't try to cover every flaw your just going to be the girl with too much make up "don't be that girl" .I love this foundation no break out and really made my skin look smoother.It also helps you look good in florescent lighting. I use it with absolue powder. if you cant afford that id go with clinique gentle and light powder.