April 16, 2014 | 1532 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by kylacovert

I LOVE this stuff...I have never been a girl to wear lip gloss, and always preferred lipsticks. I tend to get chapped lips in the winter too, so a tinted lip balm was perfect for me.

I'm not sure why so many people complain about the smell...I can barely smell it. It's no different to me than any standard cherry lip balm/chapstick out there. I also love the color...I'm a huge fan of red lips, and this looks totally natural. Plus, it makes my lips smooth, and stays on for a long time! During a day, I will probably reapply 3 or 4 times...which is totally normal for a chapstick, this just gives me some nice color, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by enotkatya1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't like pigment color. Too artificial...will not buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jawjuhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like others have mentioned, this is not moisturizing. I like the color but Ithink the red tint it gives is a bit too intense but I do like the smell. All in all, it's okay, but I don't recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried a couple Nivea lip care products and use them up being satisfied. I consider this more of a tint than a real lip treatment. It isn't drying by any means but is not heavy in moisture, like their kiss of moisture treatments. On days that I have less than 10 mins to apply make up I will always use this. It's a pop of color on my lips and will (seriously) stay on my lips until I come home. For fair skins, like me, I definitely recommend this lip balm!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by lupiechick77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip balm! It's just moisturizing enough and it gives a lovely flush of color to my lips. I only wish it had SPF. Normally I'd take away a lippie because of that, but this stuff is so great for me I still give it a 5! The tart smell of cherry is another thing I just love about this lip balm. It leaves the same shade of tint on my lips as Benefit's benetint.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by muffinlove

The should market this as a lip stain. It's NOT moisturizing at all but really adds a natural redish color to your lips. I will totally buy it again but I put it on and put a mat lip balm over it. I'm really fair with brown hair and it's a great color for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by shedevil_angela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually my second tube in a few years. I bought it recently to fill an order online, and I remembered that it delivered on the kiss of red color.

However, as a balm, it is not very moisturizing at all. I would have to re-apply several times in an hour.

I also noticed that most of the color bleeds to the outline and just outside the outline of my lips, making me look like I badly applied lipliner.

I do like the hint of color that I get from this balm, but I will not repurchase because of the non-moisturizing factor.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by nonsliptechnology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nice color - Looks purplish pink when swatched onto tissue paper but gives a sheer reddish tint to my lips, which I liked since I can only wear sheer lip colors. Also, it helped to brighten up my face a little.

It is not that moisturizing and there are other versions of Nivea Lip Care do this job better (hydrocare- light blue tube). It's still not that bad, you could just swipe it and get out of the house without even looking at the mirror.

Note: After scanning through the earlier reviews, I noticed that it seems to work better on girls who are cool-toned or have pigmented lips to begin with.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by GrayGrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Must have for my dry lips. I use it all day when i don't need lipstick. I love the sheer, red color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Mostly sheer. Gives cool pink/light red to the lips. (The color on the lips is just a bit cooler than the color of the tube, etc.) SPF. Feels good on. Yummy scent.

CONS: Awkward application of the product due to the size and shape of the product.

ALTERNATES: The "Strawberry" version of this is more neutral, so less pink and more of a red.