Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

4.6

on 9/6/2012 10:14:00 PM

I have this duo in Ash Blonde/Taupe. It is my HG brow powder. My brow hairs are crazy long but very sparsely populated. If I was stranded on a deserted island and could have one makeup item only..... this. That's a pretty powerful statement but it is perfect and like another reviewer said, brows make or break your face. (Honestly I see women with beautiful makeup but wrong brow color all. the. time.) This is the single most important piece of makeup I wear.

I like it as much as I do because as I am sure many of you know, it is HARD to find a brow product that is a natural ash or taupe color. My skin tone is very cool, very pink, and anything that's the least bit orange or red toned clashes horribly. A few other ash brow products I have used have been this awful unnatural greenish mustardish color.. better than orange or red on me lol but still hideous in its own way. This is so natural. It's versatile as well; my hair has been very pale blonde up to dark brown. Because there are two shades in it, you have some versatility there, and it also builds/layers well. Currently I prefer the right side (darker color) applied with a light hand - I have to consciously be sure to do this or it's too bold because this stuff is very pigmented. It could suit people with nearly black hair if applied heavier. The left side (lighter color) suited my pale blonde. I use the Benefit Hard Angle brush to apply this. (Got it when I tried BrowZings which I didn't like but the brush is perfect width and firmness.)

It is expensive compared to cheaper drugstore stuff but ladies I beg you, set out a lemonade stand, pick up pop bottles lol, do whatever but this is not the place to skimp. When you consider how long it lasts, due to it being so densely packed and so pigmented, it's actually cheaper for me than my cheap ds pencils I went through in a couple months. I have had this for at least a year and a half and only a tiny bit of pan is showing on one side. That is daily use.

History: Used to be a pencil only girl; thought it was easiest way to apply. I was wrong, this powder + Benefit hard angle brush is much faster & looks much more natural.

on 7/26/2012 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Bought this in Golden Blonde and I'm very pleased with it. Its not Orange...as most golden blonde shades are. It's natural looking and I love that it has two colors in the compact...so you can mix, blend and customize. The powder also has a wax like consistency...so it glides on. It has great staying power. Will definitely repurchase this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a staple for me. Brow pencils have never worked for me...they look too "done" and fake. Tinted brow gels don't fill my brows in enough. To me, this brow powder successfully fills in my brows, while still looking very natural. I am also very impressed with the shade selection. There are 6 different shades to choose from: Ash Blonde (cool taupe); Golden Blonde (warm gold); Strawburn (reddish blonde); Medium Ash (taupe based brown); Brunette (dark warm brown); and Ebony (deep neutral brown). I love that there are more than one ash shade to choose from and major points for having a color for those with strawberry blonde/red hair. I have a friend who has red hair and she has complained how difficult it is for her to find any type of brow powder, pencil or tinted gel that comes in a color for hair shade. When I told her about this, she was ecstatic and it is a staple for her as it is for me. I have this is "Ash Blonde" (cool taupe) and it matches my light ash brows perfectly. There are 2 different colors, side by side, one is a very pale blonde and the other color is a little darker. Sometimes I mix them both, but I usually just use the darker shade. I apply with my E.L.F. flat eyeliner brush and it goes on smoothly. If any of you are concerned that the lightest shade might lack visibility, don't worry. They are very pigmented. The packaging is absolutely adorable! It comes in a small, silver colored compact with a mirror. It is so cute! I purchased mine on Sephora's website for $22 (plus tax and shipping). It was worth every penny. I am on my second compact and will continue to purchase this.

on 6/27/2012 2:50:00 AM

I LOVEEE this product. Before, I would use pencil but then it started to look fake and not natural. I love this powder so much!!! Totally worth it

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only powder that has worked for me so far. I have tired so many it doesn't change color. I have the Med Ash/Med Brown and it is just that brown does not turn red which is great!

on 4/16/2012 2:06:00 AM

Love this, and the packaging and how it has the mirror inside. so handy for on the go. it makes my brows look very natural. the color matches me perfectly and it has exactly the right greyish tint to it. however, i dropped mine and it completely shattered. i was pretty upset about that so just becareful with it i guess. i still use it everyday though.

I love this product! I apply it with an angled brush I got in an Anastasia kit along with this powder and it looks so natural & it stays put until you take it off. My brows are full on their own, but I apply this to fill in a little of the sparse areas and really define them, and it's amazing what a difference it makes.

It's on the pricey side, but I used this powder nearly everyday for a good year and a half before until it got smashed and crumbled. I probably could have gotten at least another couple months out of it if it's life span wasn't cut so short! But I will re-buy despite the price tag because It's a great product that will last you forever!

on 2/14/2012 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have decently thick brows and never thought filling them in was worthwhile until this product. I bought it on a whim b/c i had an Ulta gift card and I get the reason everyone shapes their brows now! It REALLY frames your face and alleviates my use of shadows on some simple days :) this powder duo is perfect for creating a natural shape... the darker color for your brow tail, and the lighter shade for the front. plus, you can't beat her attention to 'ashy' tones that most brows have. I'm converted and now obsessed with all anastasia products :) Try them out if you're on the fence... her $22 price tag can be daunting, but it's worth it for the 2 shades you get. Plus the packaging is so pretty.

on 2/4/2012 5:47:00 PM

I have this one in Dark brown or Brunette and it works really good. I'm obsessed with my eyebrows and like to have a powder that fills in the areas that have less hair and need filling and look natural. Both of these shades work really well you can use the lighter one for the morning and the dark one for night or maybe just mix them both together. I have dark brown hair and most brow powders are really noticable on me. Either it is too dark or too brown. This one matches very well. I love it.

on 1/23/2012 4:27:00 PM

This product delivers great staying power and a very natural looking brow. I have thinning brows, a light complexion and dark brown hair. I first tried the Ebony which ended up being too dark. I switched to the dark brown/brunette color, and although it looks light in the pot, the color was a good match for my dark brown hair. This is a great product because 1) a little bit goes a long way, it's very highly pigmented, and applies very easily with an angled brow brush. 2) I have an oily t-zone, and even after a hard core workout, my brows are still in place! 3) It can double as an eyeliner, I kept the ebony and apply it over my lash line using a thin angle brush and viola! eyeliner!

Popular Brows Products