September 3, 2014 | 1005 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Smashbox - Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by bubbalicious4352

This product is the best tinted moisturizer I've tried. It provides just enough coverage without looking valet or bad or anything. That being said I don't think I would buy this again because it made me break out, not sure what ingredient it was that caused the breakouts but it was big cystic acne that I never get so it's dissapointing bur true.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by erica_1020

Well, I have been looking for a TM a while now and I am very picky about products that go on my face. I have tried CG, MAC, new Philosophy, BB, just to name a few. They have all been too pink based, oily, or not enough coverage or too much. In my opinion a TM should be less coverage than foundation but more than moisturizer alone.

This stuff ROCKS. It lasts well and moisturizes enough without being oily. Gives a light layer of coverage for running errands etc when a full face isn't needed. I have only worn without powder so far. I'm sure with would be that much better.

I find it interesting that I am NC45/C7 and I needed medium in this! I tried the dark and it was way too dark so that is important to know.

Packaging is ok. I do not like when I 1st used it a lot of oil came out so now before I squeeze I shake it a lot. Wish I didn't have to for the $30 price tag.

The color is amazing and texture is great...so glad I took back the Philosophy and tried this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by matthewpaul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This product to me is like putting on a new set of skin. I am a professional makeup artist, and have used many products like these, and this one is my top pick. I feel its blends very smoothly, and dosnt feel greasy. Just makes me hydrated, ad evened out perfectly. I dont think it makes me feel oily at all. It just gives you a nice dewy look. This is great for all year round. Highly suggest this product! Also check out smashbox halo perfecting powder. : )

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by titania1787

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Iwnted o buy tinte moisterier that is lighter than my skin tone so I can brighten my face without looking like I am wearing a color that is too light for me. I am an NC35 and I got this in the shade Fair. When I put it on it does brighten my face and it does look natural and like I have nothing on. Some foundations make me flake around my nose and I don't know if it is dryness or sensitivity but this product did that to me, it happened only twice but I don't use it every day and the flakeyness happened after using daily for a while. So if I use it once in a while it is fine but not daily, also it says oil free but sometimes when I open it oil comes out before the foundation and I have to shake it very well before using it cause it does seperate. I prefer the benefit tinted moisterizer and I'm already trying to give this away cause its not really a favorit and to me the cons are more than the pros. It is more like a moisterizer that gives some glow and would irritate the sides of my nose if i use it too long, it might work better for oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahelaine2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this tinted moisturizer! I have used Laura Mercier's Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer for years and then my coloring changed and I was inbetween shades. I decided to buy another T.M. for the time being until I got a tan or grew paler.

Let me tell you what, this has replaced my LM one. The coverage is wonderful, it provides the perfect amount of coverage and looks extremely natural. It makes your skin look like you're glowing. I set it with Laura Mercier translucent powder most days. I do have to blot breakthrough t-zone oilies throughout the day but I have yet to find any product that fixes that for me, so it doesn't bother me.

It actually makes my skin LESS oily than Laura Mercier's OIL FREE Tinted Moisturizer. I didn't realize what a grease slick it was making my face until I tried this one.

On days you need more coverage you can apply a layer to your face and wait a minute and apply another to problem areas and it works wonderfully.

I do wish the bottle was bigger, though. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by savetheginger

dont use this product if you're acne prone or are sensitive to smell because it smells kind of like clay/ dirt (not strong, just a hint).
this is a good product for covering up discoloration such as dark circles and redness around nose and mouth. It covered mine and i have mild rosacea so if your looking to cover up redness then this is the product for you but if you because this is pretty pigmented for a tinted moisturizer.
i have gotten really awesome results using my fingers to apply it right after i wash my face and it still has a little bit of water on it- it works like a second skin when i do this.
I think it works so well when i do this because it blends and adheres to the skin better where as if applied to dry skin with a brush it comes out a little flakey or powdery depending on how dry you really are.
so if you can get this cheap id go for it because you can always mix in more moisturizer based on how dry you are from day to day and youll still get good coverage because even if you sheer it out with more moisturizer its pigmented enough that you'll be okay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a pretty good tinted moisturizer. It looks natural and not cakey. My only complaint is it was hard to find a color that matched me, the tone was either too warm or too light. I ended up mixing it with a light foundation and covering with bronzer to make my skin look even toned and the right tone as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Brendonoahsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think im the only one that wasnt pleased with this product, And although i wasnt pleased, i used it all up cuz i didnt want it to go to waste. I felt that it was very oily, there were times when i would squeeze this stuff out and the oil came out before the foundation. I had to mix it before putting on my face. It also had a smell to it, it smelt like hair dye. Im finally done with this and looking forward to buying something new and oil free.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Kurohyou

very nice tinted moisturizer.

Im very picky about foundations/tinted moisturizers because I like my face to be touchable, in particular without having whats on my face transfer onto my hands or clothes, and also without feeling like there is makeup on my face.

Im very pleased with this product because it gives a light coverage, doesnt feel greasy (which is good because I have combination/oily skin) and doesnt look powedery or greasy when it dries, it looks like your natural skin.

Like all smashbox foundations, it has a yellow/warm undertone, even in its fairest colors. Im very fair with pink undertones, but I am still able to wear this TM in the Luminous shade.

I like this product and would buy again, I just wish there was more product for the $$ :P

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sabrina112

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in the luminous, oil free, spf 15. It is lovely. I have dry skin but this is just right and gives me a luminous glow, not too frosty or shiny looking. Most foundations look thick and heavy on me, tinted moisturizers are either greasy or chalky looking. This one is perfect. It feels cool on the skin and great staying power.