Dior DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

3.5

on 1/24/2010 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this product. Makes my eyes very dramatic and black. Exactly what I'm looking for, just wish it would add some length to it as well. Love this product and can't wait to try the new dior.

on 1/17/2010 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love Dior Show Blackout! After my cheap Maybelline "Sky High Curves" was discontinued, I tried so many different mascaras from Mac, Bobbie Brown, CG, Mary Kay, Clinique, etc. trying to replace it. I finally caved after reading reviews for Dior Show, and got this one. Its the best I have ever tried. I have fine dark hair and short, fine, straight eye lashes. I need waterproof to hold curl and this does it all day with no drooping. Its a great black too and I swear I look younger when I use it. Yes, its pricey for a product that needs replacing so often, but I'll happily fork over $24 to Sephora for a set of perfect eye lashes that do more for my face than all of my other makeup does. It stays on so you need a good remover, but its so worth it!

on 1/6/2010 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Having never purchased mascara from Dior before, though I had tried regular Diorshow in stores, I decided on Blackout Waterproof for its claims of a richer black and budge-proof formula. It was a splurge with the $24 price tag. The formula, as many have said, is VERY waterproof, it doesnít smear or smudge all day. Have a very good makeup remover (I use DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and let it sit for a good five minutes) and remove it very gently so you donít yank out lashes by accident. The color is gorgeous, truly a deep, pitch black that doesnít morph to an off-black or charcoal by the end of the day. In all the mascaras Iíve tried (see other reviews) none have ever gotten my lashes (which are black to being with) this inky and dramatic. I apply a thorough coat, tediously applying it on the outer and inner corners of my upper lashes (my lower lashes are short and sparse, so I donít even attempt with this fat brush). Then I use a metal-tooth lash comb (Vincent Longoís) to separate the lashes, which they really donít need too much of, while the mascara is still wet. After letting that first coat semi-dry, I apply a second coat and comb again. I have to admit that my lashes look longer than ever, especially since this mascara holds a curl (with an eyelash curler, my lashes are naturally stick straight). I got compliments and remarks of envy from my sister about my long lashes. My lashes also look thicker, so this mascara has completely lived up to its claims. My regular mascara is CoverGirl Fantastic Lash and I do love it (especially how it separates and makes me look like I have a ton of lashes), but I will definitely buy Diorshow Blackout again, but probably only use it for special occasions, or by it for the Holiday season like I did this time.

on 12/12/2009 11:05:00 PM

This is my favorite mascara. It is super black, it goes on easily and doesn't smear or flake. It makes my lashes look amazing. I started out with DiorShow, which I liked, but this is much better. I do think it is the blackest mascara I have seen. It is a little expensive for mascara, but I am willing to pay for it since the effect is so great. I don't have to replace it as often since I can get away with one coat. It is a decent value because it lasts and doesn't seem to dry out like Lash Blast did. I like the brush--it is a good size, though not as big as Bad Gal, another favorite of mine. I highly recommend this mascara.

on 12/10/2009 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

MY FAVORITE MASCARA, CAN BE HARD TO GET OFF.

on 12/10/2009 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i love this mascara. its perfect it gives tons of volume, it lenghtening and it really stays all day! i was a dancer and it would stay. plus it doesnt dried up

on 11/23/2009 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This review is for the NON-waterproof version. This was an excellent rich dark black colour which I initially fell in love with. It didn't provide any volume to my lashes (surprisingly DiorShow provided more volume than this). Not to mention, it smudged very very easily. Had raccoon eyes by the time I got to work which was not appreciated. Tried it a few times and every time this happened. Not repurchasing due to the easy smudge factor and the $$ amount.

This is my holy grail mascara. Although it is £20 it's well worth it for the results you get. Lengthening and thickening with a 'just-right' consistency. I love it.

on 11/10/2009 8:22:00 PM

I recently purchased it and wasn't that impressed. Although It made my lashes look great. The downside.. It was pricey $$!! And I have some sort of an eye allergy to one of it's ingredients. I feel my Covergirl mascara works just as good if not better! And I don't get swollen itchy eyes!

on 10/28/2009 7:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The price is crazy and I wonder if it's worth it... I used DiorShow en Maxim'eyes before and after some raving about this mascara I decided to give Dior another try. I have it in Kohl Black and I have to say: it is really deep black. I dries quickly, it doesn't drag down my lashes after curling and it separates well. But considering the idiot price tag, I'm not convinced it's worth the money. It's only so so and definitely not outstanding from any other products I used before. I'll finish the tube but I think I'll just stay true to my trusty Maybelline Volum'Express WP.