April 19, 2014 | 1748 users online

Skincare - Body - Mr. Pumice - Pumi Bar

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

TNI--totally not impressed. I picked this up at Sally's because of the rave reviews, but it's just not working for me. I've followed the directions and tips reviewers suggested, but no matter how I use it, my feet feel chewed up and rough in some places and only somewhat smooth in others. I also don't like the purple residue in the tub. But the lavender side is great for scrubbing nicotine stains off my fingers, so it's not a total loss. Back to the Diamancel for me.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is as much a staple in the shower as shampoo, conditioner, body wash and facial cleanser. It really smooths out your calluses and thoroughly cleans your feet of dirt and grime (I wear flip flops the entire summer so my feet always get a bit dirty).

I have the diamancel foot buffer that cost so much more but was not as effective as Mr. Pumice. It's one of my favorite products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have so much back stock on Mr. Pumice. Their the best!! It's a staple in my life! My boyfriend calls it my sandpaper.

Great if you wear sandals a lot because even if you shower and scrub your feet, it won't get all that dust from the floor on your feet off. Sounds really terrible, but wearing sandals all day, and then showering at the end of the night, you can see the dirt washing off your feet. LOL! I know, TMI but it's better than having it still on your feet, now that's gross.

I never skip this step in my shower :) I loveeee it and I love that they come in so many different colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by quiet1

I use this on my feet, but I also like it for my hands on places where I develop calluses from activities where I might actually WANT to keep the callus (for skin protection, they do form for a reason) but don't want it to be dry and nasty or crack.

With the Pumi bar it's really easy to just do as little or as much as you want - so if you want to keep a callus you can knock it back a bit so it's not peeling or about to peel, but not all the way to normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the cheap, smaller bar you get for a buck something. There are other reviews here for the larger slightly more expensive bar.

Bright blue bar, got it at Sally beauty supply for 1.49. Use it with soap and warm water to file down your hooves. It works fairly well, although it disintegrates quickly leaving pumicey parts in the sink, but it washes off me and the sink quickly. I was left with smooth heels that I quickly moisturized with tree hut Shea body butter. My feet will wake up smooth and supple.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Champacotaco

best pumice bar ever! LOVE this thing. Plus if you get Bed bath and Beyond coupons you can get 20% off the price even though its only $2! hahaha

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by AllKillNoDrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you wear flip flops or sandals often and you don't want Fred Flintstone feet, you need this. It's cheap, it's fast, and one bar will last a very long time. This will also mold to your foot shape with use, which is nice. I have a heel side and sole side. Use at the end of a shower or bath with just a little bit of soap and you're good to go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

mr. pumi is the ish, but here is the key--you MUST get the one that is lavender one side, and dark purple on the other side (in my experience, anyway, and i've had several mr. pumis, including plain ones, and ones that come with a plastic handle.) this enables you to get both the coarse grit and the fine grit, like you'll get at a salon.

here's the second part: while you're at sally's, also pick up blue cross cuticle remover (it will be on the bottom shelf, in a very non-descript bottle, about $5.99 for a very large container.) apply this all over your feet while you're in the shower or in the tub, concentrating on your cuticles and calloused areas. then start up the water, and use your mr. pumi to start removing the skin on your feet. wash the blue cross off with soap and water, and voila! a salon pedi, for mere pennies.

blue cross cuticle remover is also awesome on your hands; just use a q-tip to apply to the cuticles around nails, let it sit for about 30-60 seconds (depending on thickness of cuticles,) push back with an orangewood stick, and wash off with soap and water. no joke, both of these products are bargains. HG HG HG.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by karen1245

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I should point out there the Purple Bar in the images if the Mr. Pumi Extra Coarse Bar ($2.39 USD). And thereís the regular Mr. Pumi Bar ($1.69 USD). I noticed that when I get pedicures that the nail technician would use a rectangular pumice bar and I thought it was the most amazing thing on Earth. Luckily, they had Mr. Pumi at the Sally Beauty Supply store! I use the Mr. Pumi Bar on a daily basis as I love to wear sandals and flip-flops. (This will be gross but whatever, but itís really satisfying to see the dead skin you scrubbed off on the pumice stone! You know it working!) Itís a great buy for such a low price. In case you have calluses or require more heavy-duty work, consider using the Extra Coarse bar instead. I use the pumice stone on my boyfriendís feet and it works wonders! He has major calluses and that helped to remove most of them provided they were being maintained.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by lovinlife727

If you want soft feet, this is a great product for you! I use it at the end of my shower with some moisturizing soap. It has made a huge difference in the smoothness of my feet.