MAC Saint Germain (Amplified Creme)

on 12/31/2011 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This pink makes my skin look uuber tan. It makes such a statement without going the red route. I love the creamy texture.

on 11/30/2011 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted something as close to rimmel pink blush as possible as they have seemed to have discontinued it.after having a horrible experience with a revlon lipstick I decided to try mac as they have an extensive range of pink lipsticks,the mac sa swatched pink blush on her hand and said saint germain was extremely similar in color only it was a more lighter and brighter color I would say a heck of a lot brighter when I first saw it I thought how much it just screamed barbie pink it's very bright pastel pale pink that is in between sheer and matte just how I like a lipstick to be despite its loudness I bit the bullet and bought it. When I first put it on I was unsure at first but once I was fully made up I liked it a lot it gave me the whole sex kitten look plus I love the faint candy smell it has and so does my bf:) the only downfall is it comes off easily and does accentuate the lines on your lips but that's nothing a bit of clear gloss can't fix overall this lipstick rocks will repurchase!

This rocks! I am fair-skinned so this really does stand out on my lips. However that is not a bad thing! when I want to make a statement I always reach for this. The shade is just gorgeous but my tip to anyone who finds it too bright would be to just swipe on one lip, then press together and dap off any excess. That should still give a hint of the colour but not be overpowering. I love it and would buy it again and again! It is kind of like a brighter version of the lady gaga lipstick.

on 10/31/2011 11:24:00 AM

Like a lot of the other reviewers, i really wanted to love this colour but the undertone is very very blue/purple and confronting. It definitely doesn't suit my skin tone (i have fair skin on the warmer side) and i am having a hard time thinking of who it would look good on.. its definitely not for all and i recommend testing it on yourself before getting it online like i did. BUT the quality of the formula and packaging is far superior to any other lipstick i own - the colour totally dominates with one sweep and it is perfectly unsticky, yet flatteringly shiny, and stays on reasonably too. Such a shame about the purple-ness of it... I will be looking out for a more neutral MAC pink to replace it

on 10/30/2011 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Okay so I am on a mission to help people learn about the products I love myself!
There are so many reviews on here that are just total BS to be totally frank.

Saint Germain is a gorgeous pastel pink colour that definitely makes a statement. It's very popular among celebrities and seen very often in music videos.

The Amplified Creme formula is a super pigmented, extremely creamy and smooth one that I would say is one of the most moisturizing I have ever come across. The texture is beautiful, it glides on lips so easily!

I think it's always good with any lipstick to moisturize and exfoliate before you put it on (simply a good lip balm and brushing your damp lips gently with a toothbrush does the trick!)

The colour is a bright yet light and cute colour that I imagine will suite a lot of people!

Mac prices aren't as bad as people make out and they actually are cheaper than any other high end make up line and they are definitely worth the money!

The packaging is classic and I feel as though they might have improved it over the past couple years (none of my logo's seem to scrape off anymore! =D)

This lipstick is one of my favourites and I would of course buy this again and again.

on 10/29/2011 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a little bit unsure of this product, When I first apply it, I feel as though it doesn't suit me, however after about an hour it seems to look a lot better. It is very moisturising and has a great longlasting finish. I will persevere with it as I think it will look better with a slight tan, rather than my pasty skin at the moment :)

on 10/16/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this lipstick, its such a great girly pink. I do have a few issues with it being a bit too blue toned for my liking, but this is easily solved by layering it over Myth lipstick by MAC, making it a more wearable shade.
This lipstick is TERRIBLE for snapping after a few uses though and melting quite a lot. I have been through about 5 of these lipsticks and this has happened everytime for me, making it hard to apply to consistantly. However, i put my snapped lipstick into a small plastic travel pot, meaning I have to apply it with my fingers, and I love using it this way!

This is the perfect bubblegum pastel pink Barbie like shade,having long blonde hair when I wear this I do get a lot of "Barbie lookalike" comments,some sweet some not so sweet! I have very fair skin and this does not look garish but I think that is due to the high quality formula. If you want to make a statement this is the shade to go for,it applies smoothly and looks and feel luxurious with a gorgeous vanilla scent. My only issue with this product is that it's very fragile,the third time I used this the stick broke and now it wobbles when I apply,this would not stop me from purchasing again though. For an extra glam look I apply a clear lip gloss over the top.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is such a pretty shade (it might not work for everyone), it as good pigmentation and its really creamy, it doesnt have the best staying power for this reason but its not the worst either. The creamyness is the problem for me but thats just my personal taste, I hate any creamy shiny lip product, I prefer matte or even satin finish. If you are a lipgloss girl this lipstick is really nice, it almost feel like a lipgloss with nice pigmentation and best staying power.

on 8/31/2011 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

MAC lipsticks aren't my favourite as I find them a bit drying. But this just takes my breath away and is my all time favourite lipstick.

I can't just swipe it on from the tube or with a brush, it needs dabbing in with a finger, especially around the outside of my lips. And I think adding gloss or balm ruins the look as it should be matte.

I'll be buying this lippie as long as MAC keep making it!

Recommended for Medium Skin