August 30, 2014 | 1770 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Porridge Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I loved the smell of Porridge soap. Perhaps I'm too fickle, but I don't feel the same way about it anymore. First, I think Lush's soaps are overpriced. There are tons of other websites that make their own soaps and make VERY similar scents without charging so much for their products (Yes, I get the whole marketing strategy- and I don't particularly like it).

PROS: If you love the smell and if you want a very thorough exfoliation.

CONS: Be careful! The oats have been known to clog drains. Overpriced. Some find the soap to be TOO exfoliating (literally scratching the skin)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've loved every piece of soap from LUSH except for this! this is soap from hell! the rice bits is so effing scratchy! i took out the bits as many as possible and I still managed to get 3inch long scratches all over the place! the soap base itself is lovely with this one~ very moisturizing and therefore tends to melt easily~ but i dun mind~ if only there were no rice in it! I can even stand Sultana with the bits because at least it doesn't scratch as much! and not to mention how I had to worry it would clog up my drain.... the scent is alright~ not bad~ but not my fave~ major thumbs downnnn!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by purecircuitx

I love the smell of this soap. But, there are WAY too many pieces of oat. This may be a really good defoliator, but not really an everyday soap. Its actually really painful to rub on your skin. I don't even like washing my hands with it because its so rough. If you just rub this onto a shower puff you'd be all set.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by xoxRoyalxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I know that some people really like this scent, but this just does not work for me. This doesn't smell anything like porridge, and has this horrible stench.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

lately i have been really into lush products n really wanted to try some soaps from them since they are kinda famous for all their soaps n whatnot...however the only draw back i had was that i was not so keen 2 pay 8.90 for 100g of soap, to me soaps are meant 2 be cheap, like really cheap! anyways i finally sucked it up n bought one of the cheapest kinds from them, which is porridge, n i love the smell of it! i would seriously stand in the shower n sniff this! in my opinion though, this soap doesnt look very long lasting, as after two uses i have notice quite a bit of shrinking! this soap lathers well n it left me feeling clean yet not dried out! would be happier 2 repurchase if it was cheaper

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by wotstaterseh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay sweetish smelling soap. It's abrasive because of all the oats and nuts in it, it actually lathers a bit and isn't drying. The smell doesn't linger after the shower.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by mmmaggie

I am very hesitant to say that I love or hate this product.

PROS: It is literally crack while it is still in the packaging. It smells so sweet like molasses. As I am an obsessive saver, I sniffed the packaged bar for a week while using up a bar of Rockstar before I finally opened it. The "porridge" bits inside the bar exfoliates nicely. I think you would have to have really, really sensitive skin for this to be abrasive, as the oats are quite soft under water.

CONS: The oatmeal bits will stick to the bathtub but are easily removed with a quick over with the shower head.
Sometimes it STINKS! Seriously bad, like rotten nuts. However, sometimes it is just like heaven. If I could buy it without the bits in it I would and live off it. This is my one BIG, veering on hate, complaint.

BOTTOM LINE: If you have sensitive skin or don't like a strong oat/burnt coffee smell, i would buy something else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this soap. It smells like Thanksgiving, and that tends to be the time of year I use it as well. I think it is a very nice creamy soap. It is also pretty messy but It is easily dismissed! I love this soap! I wish Lush would do a soap of just cream consistency for people like me who arent exactly trying to exfoliate.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

i bought this along with honey i washed the kids soap..i like this one better cuz it's got little pieces of oats to exfoliate,,it's kinda special in my opinion than just a regular piece of soap..the smell is not universally pleasing but i happened to LOVE IT,,however this soap performed at its best only during its first use,,after that the actual soap starting getting used up but the oats are still intact,,so while you rub it against your body you won't be getting any lathering action,,so i have to constantly stop and pick out the oat pieces before usage..and that's why i wouldn't buy it again i think its too much work during shower..but i recommend this over honey i washed the kids soap because of its specialness

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by redorb1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this soap so much! I adored the scent, but as others have said, after a few uses, you're left mostly with sharp, gritty oatmeal bits and not enough soap to make a lather. Also, the yummy fragrance dissipates after a few uses, so you don't even get that. Plus, who needs all those oatmeal bits messing up the tub or sink and clogging the drain? Also, I wish Lush would stop using sodium lauryl sulfate in their products. Lush, you messed up on this one. Too bad, because this soap had a lot of potential!