LUSH Porridge Soap

3.6

Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 1/17/2011 11:05:00 AM

I love this soap, smell is sweet toffee to me, it lathers good, only downside is that it has sls in it..so not "pure" I like it anyway, use it as a body scrub..and that smell..mm:)

on 1/15/2011 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

smells like ice cream! not any more moisurizing or exfoliating or really anything more special than other soaps, but i love the smell! ill definately buy it again. super creamy which means it dissolves very quickly. i dont care about the large bits of oatmeal that fall off or how quickly it dissovles or how exspensive it is. i love the smell of ice cream!

on 1/14/2011 6:24:00 PM

It's such a mess to use in the shower and it does nothing to moisturize OR exfoliate. And soap doesn't lather. I only ended up with little dark grains all over my shower room.

on 1/2/2011 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I love the scent of this soap and find the actual soap part of it to be gentle and moisturizing. It smells like a sweet oatmeal cookie. The scent isn't too candy-like and is not at all perfume-y. The lather of the soap is thin but milky and lush. You don't get many bubbles, but it does leave my skin feeling gently cleansed.
...
I find that the oat grains are too big and round to do any fine exfoliation. I have oily skin and get clogged pores on my back and chest, and this helps with that. I have kept a chunk of this in my bathroom for months and still have a piece as I only use it once or twice a week on problem areas. The oat grains fall off the bar of soap and rinse down the drain, but you'll need to make no pieces are left sticking to the side of your bathtub or the person who showers after you will be left wondering what those little brown things are! They look kind of like little bugs from far away...
...
Overall, a good soap for those who actually need oat-size exfoliators. The scent is scrumptious but the oat grains are honestly a hassle. If you have sensitive skin or skin that is already clear, then you probably don't need this.

on 12/26/2010 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must have kept this too long because the only scent I get is a faintly citrus one. So please keep in mind that these are best used immediately. I think the soap itself is nicer than some of LUSH's others. This one is creamy, moisturizing, and lathers well. However, the seeds are a bit abrasive. In the winter, my skin gets extremely sensitive and dry, and it kind of hurts rubbing the seeds against my body. Otherwise, the combination of creamy and lathering would make this an ideal soap for the wintertime.

on 12/25/2010 10:35:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I'm not very impressed with this. The oatseeds are very harsh and rough on my chest area, yet don't seem to do a good job of exfoliating any other part of my body. The oats make a mess in my bathtub - whilst some people say people shouldn't complain about that as it easily rinses away - I have to spend 5 minutes after my bath unclogging the drain and rinsing the seeds away. Hardly how I want to spend my time each evening. As a soap, it does not leave me feeling clean at all. The smell is really nice though, like oatmeal and orange juice.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene

on 11/26/2010 7:25:00 AM

Being rather new to Lush and wanting to try a good starter variety of some of their more famous products, PORRIDGE was one I had to try. Scent-wise this soap definitely doesn't disappoint. It smells like sweet porridge/oatmeal with a hint of orange. MMM...so yummy and soothing. It lathers quite well for me and I actually don't find the porridge bits to be too abrasive. Of course that could be because my skin is accustomed to much harsher products like Buffy. The only reason I took off a lippie was the price. Yes it's great soap but definitely way overpriced for something that I'll wash down the drain in 2 minutes. In fact for the value, and if I could, I'd actually knock this down another half lippie because the soap doesn't look like it'll last very long.

on 11/11/2010 1:53:00 PM

At first I loved the smell of Porridge soap. Perhaps I'm too fickle, but I don't feel the same way about it anymore. First, I think Lush's soaps are overpriced. There are tons of other websites that make their own soaps and make VERY similar scents without charging so much for their products (Yes, I get the whole marketing strategy- and I don't particularly like it).

PROS: If you love the smell and if you want a very thorough exfoliation.

CONS: Be careful! The oats have been known to clog drains. Overpriced. Some find the soap to be TOO exfoliating (literally scratching the skin)

on 11/6/2010 6:15:00 PM

I've loved every piece of soap from LUSH except for this! this is soap from hell! the rice bits is so effing scratchy! i took out the bits as many as possible and I still managed to get 3inch long scratches all over the place! the soap base itself is lovely with this one~ very moisturizing and therefore tends to melt easily~ but i dun mind~ if only there were no rice in it! I can even stand Sultana with the bits because at least it doesn't scratch as much! and not to mention how I had to worry it would clog up my drain.... the scent is alright~ not bad~ but not my fave~ major thumbs downnnn!

on 11/2/2010 12:10:00 PM

I love the smell of this soap. But, there are WAY too many pieces of oat. This may be a really good defoliator, but not really an everyday soap. Its actually really painful to rub on your skin. I don't even like washing my hands with it because its so rough. If you just rub this onto a shower puff you'd be all set.