February 28, 2015 | 1592 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Porridge Soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of this soap and find the actual soap part of it to be gentle and moisturizing. It smells like a sweet oatmeal cookie. The scent isn't too candy-like and is not at all perfume-y. The lather of the soap is thin but milky and lush. You don't get many bubbles, but it does leave my skin feeling gently cleansed.
...
I find that the oat grains are too big and round to do any fine exfoliation. I have oily skin and get clogged pores on my back and chest, and this helps with that. I have kept a chunk of this in my bathroom for months and still have a piece as I only use it once or twice a week on problem areas. The oat grains fall off the bar of soap and rinse down the drain, but you'll need to make no pieces are left sticking to the side of your bathtub or the person who showers after you will be left wondering what those little brown things are! They look kind of like little bugs from far away...
...
Overall, a good soap for those who actually need oat-size exfoliators. The scent is scrumptious but the oat grains are honestly a hassle. If you have sensitive skin or skin that is already clear, then you probably don't need this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must have kept this too long because the only scent I get is a faintly citrus one. So please keep in mind that these are best used immediately. I think the soap itself is nicer than some of LUSH's others. This one is creamy, moisturizing, and lathers well. However, the seeds are a bit abrasive. In the winter, my skin gets extremely sensitive and dry, and it kind of hurts rubbing the seeds against my body. Otherwise, the combination of creamy and lathering would make this an ideal soap for the wintertime.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not very impressed with this. The oatseeds are very harsh and rough on my chest area, yet don't seem to do a good job of exfoliating any other part of my body. The oats make a mess in my bathtub - whilst some people say people shouldn't complain about that as it easily rinses away - I have to spend 5 minutes after my bath unclogging the drain and rinsing the seeds away. Hardly how I want to spend my time each evening. As a soap, it does not leave me feeling clean at all. The smell is really nice though, like oatmeal and orange juice.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Propylene Glycol, Pinhead Oatmeal (Avena sativa), Fresh Organic Orange Juice (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Labdanum Resinoid (Cistus labdaniferus), Sweet Wild Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by IllumiGem

Being rather new to Lush and wanting to try a good starter variety of some of their more famous products, PORRIDGE was one I had to try. Scent-wise this soap definitely doesn't disappoint. It smells like sweet porridge/oatmeal with a hint of orange. MMM...so yummy and soothing. It lathers quite well for me and I actually don't find the porridge bits to be too abrasive. Of course that could be because my skin is accustomed to much harsher products like Buffy. The only reason I took off a lippie was the price. Yes it's great soap but definitely way overpriced for something that I'll wash down the drain in 2 minutes. In fact for the value, and if I could, I'd actually knock this down another half lippie because the soap doesn't look like it'll last very long.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I loved the smell of Porridge soap. Perhaps I'm too fickle, but I don't feel the same way about it anymore. First, I think Lush's soaps are overpriced. There are tons of other websites that make their own soaps and make VERY similar scents without charging so much for their products (Yes, I get the whole marketing strategy- and I don't particularly like it).

PROS: If you love the smell and if you want a very thorough exfoliation.

CONS: Be careful! The oats have been known to clog drains. Overpriced. Some find the soap to be TOO exfoliating (literally scratching the skin)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've loved every piece of soap from LUSH except for this! this is soap from hell! the rice bits is so effing scratchy! i took out the bits as many as possible and I still managed to get 3inch long scratches all over the place! the soap base itself is lovely with this one~ very moisturizing and therefore tends to melt easily~ but i dun mind~ if only there were no rice in it! I can even stand Sultana with the bits because at least it doesn't scratch as much! and not to mention how I had to worry it would clog up my drain.... the scent is alright~ not bad~ but not my fave~ major thumbs downnnn!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by purecircuitx

I love the smell of this soap. But, there are WAY too many pieces of oat. This may be a really good defoliator, but not really an everyday soap. Its actually really painful to rub on your skin. I don't even like washing my hands with it because its so rough. If you just rub this onto a shower puff you'd be all set.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2010 8:25:00 PM More reviews by xoxRoyalxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I know that some people really like this scent, but this just does not work for me. This doesn't smell anything like porridge, and has this horrible stench.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

lately i have been really into lush products n really wanted to try some soaps from them since they are kinda famous for all their soaps n whatnot...however the only draw back i had was that i was not so keen 2 pay 8.90 for 100g of soap, to me soaps are meant 2 be cheap, like really cheap! anyways i finally sucked it up n bought one of the cheapest kinds from them, which is porridge, n i love the smell of it! i would seriously stand in the shower n sniff this! in my opinion though, this soap doesnt look very long lasting, as after two uses i have notice quite a bit of shrinking! this soap lathers well n it left me feeling clean yet not dried out! would be happier 2 repurchase if it was cheaper

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by wotstaterseh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay sweetish smelling soap. It's abrasive because of all the oats and nuts in it, it actually lathers a bit and isn't drying. The smell doesn't linger after the shower.