Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge

4.1

Sponge

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I had this for about a week and then my dog chewed it up! But when i was able to use it, it was an ok product it uses a lot of foundation, i don't think i will repurchase.

on 2/20/2010 2:54:00 AM

I haven't tried the Beauty Blender (which is not in my budget), but this is the best foundation applicator I've ever used. Actually I thought this was a splurge since I'm used to buying those big bags of triangle sponges for a few dollars. I could never go back to using those things or my fingers anymore now! This little purple sponge blends the foundation in very well and is so much fun to use. I wouldn't go as far to say I look airbrushed, but it's much closer than before. I have had it for over 6 months and it's still in perfect condition.

on 2/16/2010 8:08:00 PM

I'm really liking this sponge! I used it with my colorstay and got a nice smooth finish! I would purchase again in the future!

on 2/12/2010 12:47:00 PM

I bought this about 18 months ago and it's a great little sponge. The shape allows me to get around my eyes beautifully. I don't use it to apply liquid foundation, but instead use it dampened to smmoth concealer ond do finishing blending on foundation when needed. When I'm giving a makeup gift bag to girlefriends I always include on of these.

on 2/11/2010 10:39:00 PM

This is an average sponge. It soaks up tons of makeup and applies...average. No airbrushed look and it does not perform or feel anything like the original Beauty Blender. If all you want is a colorful, average sponge, buy this. If you want a Beauty Blender dupe, save you're money because this aint it.

on 2/11/2010 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought the beautyblender first and i love it! But its expensive so i bought 3 of this cheaper version and sorry but its nothing like the beauty blender! Like someone said below, it soaks like at least double the amount of your foundation than the beatyblender. Its very stiff and the beautyblender is super soft!!!!!!

I have experiement both version with lm silk creme doundation whih is a think one, with beautyblender it looks so good with good coverage, but with this sponge it looks very thick and everyone can easily tell i have a loy of make up on.

And the most imposrtant thing is! I have used the beautyblender for 3 months and it still looks very good. However, i have used the sk version for no more than 5 times and it starts to wear off and i have to dispose it! (i will upload a picture compare them later)

this sponge is cheaper but i realize that i can get 2 beautyblender for 25 so if u buy two sponges its only $5 more... Consider the result and the durability thiss $5 really worths it!

If i have never used the beautyblender i might give it 5 lippie, but now its just nothing compares to that....

on 2/6/2010 11:32:00 PM

Awful!! The one pictured is blue but for some reason, mine is purple. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but this sponge made absolutely no difference in how my makeup was applied or looked afterwards. The sponge didn't get very wet despite soaking it for a few minutes in water and the application was anything but airbrushed. What a waste of $10. I don't own the beauty blender but after these horrible results with the "knockoff" version, I won't even bother.

on 2/4/2010 1:39:00 PM

Okay, i purchased this thinking i'd save some money instead of buying the beauty blender...i used it for a good 3 weeks. It does give a good finish but when you wet this nothing happens..it doesn't expand or anything so when you use it all of your foundation is soaked into it. If you want to save $10 and not buy the beauty blender you will lose in the long run because you will use 2x the amount of foundation that you need with the sonia kashuk sponge. I purchased the beauty blender last week and OMG i am so so so happy with it. it expands to double its original size when you wet it so very little foundation is needed to cover your whole face. I think the finish is the same but i'd much rather spend $20 on the beauty blender and save foundation since foundation is way more than the $10 i'd save getting the sonia kashuk sponge. so overall the finish is good but the sponge itself soaks up a lot of makeup i wouldn't buy this again go for the beauty blender if you want your foundation to last!

on 2/1/2010 1:55:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This little sponge makes makeup fun to apply. It's so easy and it gives a flawless application. I don't like using it with very expensive foundation because I feel like it absorbs too much, but when I use Revlon PR this is my favorite way to apply it. You just pounce it on your face and it gives you a perfect, airbrushed look. It cleans easily and I've had mine for about 6 months without any cracking or breaking off. I think this little guy is going to last me awhile, but when it does finally kick the bucket I am definitely buying another one. I've never used the beauty blender, but I don't really feel the need to spend the extra money since I'm so happy with this one.

on 1/30/2010 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm returning this if target lets me. This is nothing like the beauty blender...either is the ulta version. It's much tougher and doesn't leave that flawless look. Does it apply your make up, yes, but once you get the beauty blender you will never go back to this...trust me. It's worth the extra money to buy the real thing in this case!

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products