October 21, 2014 | 2073 users online

Pressed Powders - Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by chibayo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is super cute, but the sponge it comes with is basically worthless, just use a power brush instead. It does what it claims to do, but it doesn't last as long as I had hoped. Also, it sure isn't cheap! There's a slight smell that lingers and while it isn't horrible, I don't love the scent either. Doesn't leave a chalky residue behind except on my brows if I'm not paying attention. I'll be trying MAC's blog powder next and then I'll decide between the two or look for another alternative. All in all, a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by nicolac7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

OK so its day 1 as I only bought this product yesterday. I have very oily skin on my tzone which drives me mad and whern I do my make up at 7am it looks well but by 10 or 11 I am very shiny, by 3pm my make up is nearly gone in some areas and a bit cakey in others....

I out a little onto my bare skin before foundation and a little more over my foundation and powder when I was done with my make up just incase....I got 3/4 shine free hours and have topped up by the tiniest bit twice since BUT.....my make up looks like it did at 7am this morning! this is a first!

I would not expect to get 12-16 shine free hours but to top up twice and my make up be perfect and shine free I am impressed :) I used to do this with powder but you are just adding more make up over oil and it looks awful.

Its a little price but since you use so little product ist will last a long time, well worth it

A happy camper...just keep me away from that urban decay counter....!! .... god love my credit card!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by cornflakegrrl

This product is just...OK. It really delivers what it promisses: absorbs oil from you face and your make up will definitely last longer when if you use this. That being said, I happen to think this is definitely on the expensive side - I got this as a gift and would never pay this amount of money on such a product, even though it is good (and the packaging...sometimes I unbox it just so I can stare at it and go awww!).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this hoping it would control my oil, it didn't.it instantly mattifies but within 2 hours I'm as oily as if I didn't use it.that packaging is cute but heavy.this powder is way too expensive for it to not work. I will not repurchase. I got smashbox photo finish spf 15 and it works so much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by fieryrose13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Eh. It's okay.
I had such high hopes for this product. It didn't COMPLETELY let me down, but it wasn't what I'd hoped for, either. My face gets pretty shiny throughout the day, so I was looking for a good mattifying powder to help. My aunt works for Ulta and recommended this for me. While it does mattify the shine, it doesn't seem to last very long. Considering how much it costs just for a simple face powder, I guess I would have expected it to last longer between applications. To its credit, though, I've had it since mid-March and it's only just now beginning to show the shape of the rings from the metal pan underneath. I don't find the scent offensive, and I never have a problem with it making my face look chalky or powdery. Using a brush instead of the pathetic little sponge does make a difference, though - I try to use a brush whenever I can.
All in all, it's a good product, but I don't think it's good enough to warrant the $32 price tag. At that price I expected "WOW," not just okay. I'll consider buying it again if and when they lower the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's kinda funny I'm giving this a negative review because I've gone through two of these, yet here we are. The best thing about this product is that it really does mattify. It's great as far as that goes, but then you're oily again within an hour. So while it mattifys, it doesn't last long. The packaging is so cute, but with both of mine, the lids eventually broke off. I also noticed as I was on my second one that even though I'm very fair (NC15), this leaves behind a bit of a chalky look. It definitly doesn't look good on those with darker skin. My friend who has olive colored skin used to complain that this was the only powder I carried with me because she couldn't use it. Overall, I've now tried some other blotting and touch up powders and in comparison, this doesn't do it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by cheerz2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have rather oily, acne-prone skin and this has totally calmed things down for me. I have never had a mattifying powder that actually worked. I LOVE UD and so glad I gave this chance. LOVE IT!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by vickio92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really like this powder. It does have some downside - The puff it comes with - although pretty, is BAD, throw that away. I use a powder brush with this instead and it works much better. I don't have the white effect some users describe, but then again I am an ultra pale redhead. Oh, and the samll is a little medicinal, but it fades within a couple minutes, so it's no biggy. This lasts all day in the winter for me, and needs to be reapplied about once a day in the summer, and I do have my oily spots. The compact is super cute, and the product leaves my face feeling velvetty.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by juliar0se

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a rather shiny face, even when it is dry and non-oily. This product does amazing things for me. Instant matte, exactly what it advertises. It's now a daily essential for me. I put it on last, and it keeps me looking pristine for several hours (instead of slick and shiny the way I would be otherwise). I usually do a touch-up when I get back from class, and that will last me for the rest of the evening.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by namaenai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE the packaging! Super cute! The puff is small and thin and I hope they sell refill puffs because you cannot fit a regular size puff in this compact or it won't close. I don't mind the small thin puff like other reviewers do because you really don't need much product at all. I set my foundation in the morning with it with a powder brush and I have to be very careful because the product sweeps off so easily and I don't want to get too much. It does look white at first but immediately settles into your skin. I use the puff to touchup throughout the day. I maybe need to use it twice throughout my 8 hour work day. And I might use 2-3 blotting papers inbetween. I wouldn't say I get super oily, just a little dewy but I blot preventatively. It does have a hint of a medicinal type of smell but it doesn't really bother me and once you have the powder on it goes away. I don't mind the price because you don't need much of this product at all and because I have tried so many products because I get oily it's well worth the price for something that actually works. The closest I got before this was MAC Blot Powder but that tended to get cakey.