August 20, 2014 | 1975 users online

Pressed Powders - Urban Decay - De-Slick Mattifying Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this hoping it would control my oil, it didn't.it instantly mattifies but within 2 hours I'm as oily as if I didn't use it.that packaging is cute but heavy.this powder is way too expensive for it to not work. I will not repurchase. I got smashbox photo finish spf 15 and it works so much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by fieryrose13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Eh. It's okay.
I had such high hopes for this product. It didn't COMPLETELY let me down, but it wasn't what I'd hoped for, either. My face gets pretty shiny throughout the day, so I was looking for a good mattifying powder to help. My aunt works for Ulta and recommended this for me. While it does mattify the shine, it doesn't seem to last very long. Considering how much it costs just for a simple face powder, I guess I would have expected it to last longer between applications. To its credit, though, I've had it since mid-March and it's only just now beginning to show the shape of the rings from the metal pan underneath. I don't find the scent offensive, and I never have a problem with it making my face look chalky or powdery. Using a brush instead of the pathetic little sponge does make a difference, though - I try to use a brush whenever I can.
All in all, it's a good product, but I don't think it's good enough to warrant the $32 price tag. At that price I expected "WOW," not just okay. I'll consider buying it again if and when they lower the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's kinda funny I'm giving this a negative review because I've gone through two of these, yet here we are. The best thing about this product is that it really does mattify. It's great as far as that goes, but then you're oily again within an hour. So while it mattifys, it doesn't last long. The packaging is so cute, but with both of mine, the lids eventually broke off. I also noticed as I was on my second one that even though I'm very fair (NC15), this leaves behind a bit of a chalky look. It definitly doesn't look good on those with darker skin. My friend who has olive colored skin used to complain that this was the only powder I carried with me because she couldn't use it. Overall, I've now tried some other blotting and touch up powders and in comparison, this doesn't do it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by cheerz2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have rather oily, acne-prone skin and this has totally calmed things down for me. I have never had a mattifying powder that actually worked. I LOVE UD and so glad I gave this chance. LOVE IT!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by vickio92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really like this powder. It does have some downside - The puff it comes with - although pretty, is BAD, throw that away. I use a powder brush with this instead and it works much better. I don't have the white effect some users describe, but then again I am an ultra pale redhead. Oh, and the samll is a little medicinal, but it fades within a couple minutes, so it's no biggy. This lasts all day in the winter for me, and needs to be reapplied about once a day in the summer, and I do have my oily spots. The compact is super cute, and the product leaves my face feeling velvetty.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by juliar0se

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a rather shiny face, even when it is dry and non-oily. This product does amazing things for me. Instant matte, exactly what it advertises. It's now a daily essential for me. I put it on last, and it keeps me looking pristine for several hours (instead of slick and shiny the way I would be otherwise). I usually do a touch-up when I get back from class, and that will last me for the rest of the evening.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by namaenai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE the packaging! Super cute! The puff is small and thin and I hope they sell refill puffs because you cannot fit a regular size puff in this compact or it won't close. I don't mind the small thin puff like other reviewers do because you really don't need much product at all. I set my foundation in the morning with it with a powder brush and I have to be very careful because the product sweeps off so easily and I don't want to get too much. It does look white at first but immediately settles into your skin. I use the puff to touchup throughout the day. I maybe need to use it twice throughout my 8 hour work day. And I might use 2-3 blotting papers inbetween. I wouldn't say I get super oily, just a little dewy but I blot preventatively. It does have a hint of a medicinal type of smell but it doesn't really bother me and once you have the powder on it goes away. I don't mind the price because you don't need much of this product at all and because I have tried so many products because I get oily it's well worth the price for something that actually works. The closest I got before this was MAC Blot Powder but that tended to get cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by vintagepeople

Okay, my skin gets OILY. One speck of makeup and everything starts seeping out, especially around my T-zone. Luckily I found this powder! Gorgeous packaging, except for the sponge which, while pretty, sticks to the mirror and is overall worthless. I actually like the smell and I've gone from constant blotting to applying this in the morning and having it last for most of the day. I carry this around as a formality at this point, maybe to touch up around my nose but that's it. I'm pretty pale so it's never left a whitish cast. Definitely HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by cassigail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this powder for a while now, and I love it. I have very oily skin, especially in the summer, but De-Slick really helps with it! It is heavy on my wallet, but it lasts forever so I can justify spending $30 on it. The compact I'm on now, I've been using for at least 3 months, and I still have most of it to go through. I love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by rowergirl

I was talked into purchasing this at Ulta when I asked about an oil control product. I carried it around in my purse for awhile and used it from time to time in the middle of the day when the oil was showing through. It seemed to work for maybe an hour but I would have had to reapply all day and who has time for that? I am still looking for a way to keep the oil at bay without having to apply a powder constantly.