September 19, 2014 | 1828 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

This was the very first BB cream I have ever tried and I've had this for years. Initially, I did like this bb cream very much but the more I used it, the more I noticed it not doing a good job controlling my oil. It's not a terrible bb cream, I just don't think it's suitable for my oily skin. Upon applying it, it applies as this grey-ish color but after settling on the skin, it matched my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

My current HG BB cream is Missha's Super Aqua Snail BB but I do also use Perfect Cover and Cho Bo Yang. I love the pump bottle packaging, it's cute and not messy (no open-mouth bottles that spill all over the place). This does have fragrance but fortunately doesn't bother my sensitive skin.

I use the shade #21 (am about NC20/C2 in MAC) and after I blend it in, it matches perfectly and sets to an imperceptible finish. This has medium coverage (covers my minor dark circles, redness around the nose) but can be sheered out or built up a bit. I do often mix this with Etude House's Volumer or Armani's Fluid Sheer or any moisturiser to take coverage down a notch. When used alone, the finish is slightly dewy and I often use a bit of setting powder (MUFE HD) just in my t-zone, but it lasts all day and doesn't fade/migrate and looks fresh for about 7-9 hours. Blends easily, and sets within a minute or so. I can touch my skin and it doesn't wipe off or come off on my clothes, and feels like your own skin. I wait about a minute or so after application so it has a chance to oxidise before powdering. I can use it under my eyes without problems - no irritation, no creasing, no need for a separate concealer. This adheres well to skin (non-greasy, doesn't slide around) but can cling to dry patches so as with any foundation/BB cream I feel this looks best on moisturised/prepped skin. Unfortunately, due to the SPF this does not photograph well and can make your face look oddly paler than your body in pictures - so I don't recommend this if you are being photographed unless you are very pale. When my skin is super pale in the dead of winter, flashback seems to be less of an issue but in the summer when I am more tan this BB cream looks dreadful in photos and I use GA Luminous Silk instead. The other issue is it has a strong rosy-baby powder scent that can linger but my sensitive skin has been fine with it, and I've been using it for about a year.

Aside from that - this is a perfect every day BB cream for most skin types. Highly recommend this BB if you are looking for medium coverage with a natural finish. If you prefer a more matte finish with slightly more coverage, Missha's Cho Bo Yang may be a better choice. If you want a more hydrating, glowy and even dewier finish than Perfect Cover with medium coverage try Super Aqua.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by DoraBarros

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best BB cream i use. Dont set in pores or lines it s perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Inayah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite BB creams that I've ever tried. I purchased the shade in 23 natural beige. The color has strong pink undertones so I usualy set with a yellow toned powder to tone down the pink hues. Staying power is fantastic, I usualy don't have to touch up when wearing this and my skin gets pretty oily in the T-zone. It has spf 42 which is great. Although this has a satin finish, I do not find this drying at all. Coverage is medium but buildable. Overall I think this a fantastic BB cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by nellyninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my go to Foundation for everyday wear. I have very pale skin and #13 is a perfect match. The high SPF and it's fantastic coverage are my two favourite things about this BB Cream. It's hard to find a brand that matches or out does these aspects. I apply using my fingers or a stipple brush for best results.

Pros:
- Medium buildable coverage - hides freckles, any redness and under eye circles
- High SPF, great for those like me who get burnt in 5 minutes
- No scent
- Lasts 6 hours without powder, or 8+ with powder to set
- Doesn't move into lines or dry areas
- Inexpensive. $13 on eBay
- Hygienic, convenient pump packaging
- No grey cast people complain about with some BB creams

Cons:
- High SPF = white out in photographs
- Doesn't like perspiration - so take some oil blotching papers with you and your problem is solved
- Only 3 shades, some people may find that a problem

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mlosterhout

I wanted to like this bb cream so bad. I really really did. This was my first asian bb cream, before I was using maybelline "bb cream". I ordered a #13 and #21 so I would be able to mix them together if one of the colors wasn't perfect for me. I ended up being able to use #21 by itself. When I first put it on, I loved the way it looked. Good coverage for what I wanted and more than what the maybelline was doing for me.

Unfortunately through out the day, the Missha bb cream dried out my skin and made me break out. I'm not sure if this is something I should stick out to see if my skin gets used to it or toss it right now and go back to what I was using. I do know that I probably won't buy it again though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Ugh. I hated this. Two words: MINERAL OIL.

I won't go into detail about packaging, scent etc as there are already thousands of detailed reviews out there. I just want to add my thoughts on this. I was really excited to try this because it came in a pale shade #13, but was so disappointed. I only used this a few times before throwing it in the bin. I usually give products away to friends or family when they don't work for me but are still decent products. This went straight in the bin, no second thoughts.

Firstly, there was ZERO coverage when I applied it. It just slid around my skin during application and didn't cover a damn thing.

Secondly, it looked and felt quite greasy, and even though I set it with powder I got shiny again in no time. And I don't even get that oily! I only get some shine on my chin towards the end of the day, never on my nose or forehead. I applied this at 7am and by 10am at my desk at work, my nose was shining like a beacon. I am not being dramatic. I didn't even have to check in the mirror to discover that my nose was shiny, I could see it between my eyes (does that make sense?). I had the light from my computer screen bouncing off my nose and I thought "WTH is that?" so I pulled out my compact and found my nose looked like I had just coated it in oil. I didn't have blotting papers with me so I just patted on some powder, and it caked like crazy because it just clung to the oil sitting on top of my skin. So I went to the bathroom and washed my face with the generic hand soap. It was that bad, I just wanted it off my face.

Thirdly, even though I only wore this a few times for a few hours at a time (I was hopeful that it would somehow end up working for me and I'd love it as much as everyone else does) I ended up with clogged pores. Not blackheads or whiteheads, just those horrible bumps that are near impossible to get rid of unless you extract them (squeeze them out).

Overall, I absolutely HATED this and can only surmise that the mineral oil was the culprit for the crap results I got, and the crap skin I ended up with. For an original Asian BB Cream (you know, one that's supposed to HEAL and BENEFIT your skin), it's really disappointing that this contains a cheap filler ingredient that is known to clog pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by mayarosec

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This bb cream is better than any other ones I've tried. You can buy it on amazon for nearly as cheap as the drugstore versions from Maybelline, Revlon, and L'Oreal and it seriously works 10 times better. It goes on SO smoothly and it's amazing how much coverage a small pump can provide! I don't know how well it would work for people with severe acne, but I have fairly clear skin with redness and the occasional zit on my t-zone and this bb gives me a nice natural complexion. My mom actually seemed surprised that I was wearing any makeup on my face at all! Missha bb cream does what all bb creams are advertised to do but can't actually deliver on. It provides beautiful, natural coverage while actually improving and protecting your skin due to its 42 spf. This product is definitely ideal for people like me who are pretty low maintenance with makeup and don't want to put on concealer, primer, powder, and foundation everyday but would still like a polished look.

I'm really pale, especially in the the winter, and I wear 21 so keep that in mind. If you wouldn't describe yourself as pale, definitely go with the 23 or above. If you're super fair--as in the palest shade a brand offers is still too dark for you, then the 15 shade would probably be perfect.

The only reason I wouldn't give this bb cream a full five stars is because by the end of the day it gets sort of dry and unattractive in some patches on my face, although that's probably due more to my skin than the product. It also can make my skin look a little grey-ish and dull after awhile. Overall this is definitely the best bb cream that I've used, but it's not perfect. I still want to try other things to see if I can find something else that works better for me.

Edit: After using this for over six months I love it even more and can definitely say it's an hg of mine. I don't have problems with a grey cast or dry patches anymore, so I'm bumping up my rating to five stars.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, my skin is dry, sensitive and very acne prone. I have acne scarring, hyper-pigmentation and uneven skin tone. I normally wear full coverage foundation and I have use a lot of them to cover up and none of them ever looks natural. I decided to try an Asian BB cream finally and after using it for a month I will stop buying foundation. This stuff has been seriously almost life-changing for me and my problem skin. It definitely covers up redness and pores and acne scars while looking natural. I won't say this gives complete total coverage but the coverage is high enough but still remains natural. Wearing this someone said to me that my skin was looking good and that they could not see that I was wearing makeup on my skin. Although it was such a deception, I knew this BB cream has done wonders, especially a comment from someone that doesn't wear/like heavy makeup. This also has the longevity that I need my makeup to be for a whole work day. It lasts the entire day and with a few touch ups can be worn into the night. Even with my dry skin I set it with powder to keep it in place. The packaging is great too. Depending on the size of tube you buy it comes in a pump in the larger size and a squeeze tube in the smaller size. The price is reasonable around $19 CAD for the large size from missha.ca or prettyandcute.com.

I absolutely love this BB cream and other non-asian BB can't compare. I have also used Tarte's BB cream and one from Revlon - although both felt nice on the skin they did not give the same coverage or look of the missha.

I am around nc40/nc42 and asian BB creams rarely come in darker shades. I use #27 and #31 to give me my perfect shade. #27 is more yellow while #31 is more red/pink. (another BB alternative for those with nc42-44 is skin79 bronze). I use #27 on the inner parts of my face and a tad of #31 on the outer areas.

For reference, other foundations I had used to coverup: dermablend, cover fx, kat von d lock it, revlon whipped, mufe mat velvet, mac prolongwear, mac studio fix fluid, estee lauder double wear. The missha bb cream has replaced my foundations and with a tad bid of mac prolonwear concealer in areas for extra coverage, my skin looks better then it ever has. I have also not broken out from this or had any type of reaction. I will update if anything does change.

#Update: 3 months later (3/30/2014) - I still love this BB cream and use this daily. No issues with breaking out. Was a bit drying during January but I switched primers and no setting powder and it helped.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Ninotackii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only Asian BB cream I have tried. I have it in shade 27 Honey Beige. This bb cream provides medium buildable coverage. It has so much more coverage AND hydration than its American drugstore counterparts. I have not tried medium-end or high-end BB or CC creams yet because I am very satisfied with Missha's BB cream. I have dry skin and flake easily in the winter and especially if my skin is inflamed or irritated. This BB cream helps control the flaking and does not worsen existing dry patches. I always try to snag one off MIssha's official website when it's on sale. Usual price is $30 but it often goes on sale for $18. If you are interested in this BB cream, be wary of fakes especially on eBay, that is why I only order it from MisshaUS.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No