September 30, 2014 | 2077 users online

Liquid - MAC - Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by brohay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love love love this foundation i have it in nc35 so many people dont like this because it isnt a "full coverage foundation" but it looks so nice on as a nice fresh flawless finsh not a cakey matte finsh like many other foundations the finsh is lovely and makes you glow! light-medium coverage but is buildable! but gorgeous foundation me and all my friends use it!! gorgeous product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by stephieg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great foundation! I like a foundation that does not hide every freckle, this foundation is perfect for hiding any flaws whilst still revealing freckles. You will still need to use a concealer for dark circles, marks, scars etc.
    It has a dewy, natural finish which I love. However if I use a bit of powder I can have a more matte finish. The slight shimmer in it is beautiful.
    My t-zone is oily by the afternoon, however...
    spf 15 added bonus!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by 1Agatka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin dehydrates easily and when it does it gets very oily AND flakes. Bit of a nightmare, right? For that reason I've always found it hard to wear foundation but since I was very happy with my MAC Select Moisturecover concealer in NW20 I decided to give it a go.
    The girl at the MAC counter did not care about my needs nor listened to what I said. She tried to push the most expensive product that clearly didn't suit my needs. I knew I wanted a light to medium coverage that looks very natural, doesn't dry out or melts away from too much oil so I despite the MUA desperately trying to sell me a different foundation I chose this one. Then she disappeared and I couldn't get no one to serve me at the till. F**king nightmare. ...but back to the product:
    I have NW20, it's very light and creamy in consistency, melting into skin perfectly. It has a bit of fine mica in it and I like it- it's not like some other foundations that are so sparkly they'd make good highlighters- it's very discreet and natural. It's easy to vary the coverage from light to medium (or even apply it only to parts of the face where needed) as it blends so beautifully. I wouldn't advise using a brush though! At the store I thought it was the unskilled MUA that made it look a bit streaky. At home I found out that it simply is too creamy for brush. Sponge or fingers work perfectly though. Very easy to apply. There is never any uneven spots, even if I put it on in rush on my way to work!
    When I wear Mineralize Satinfinish my skin looks fresh, dewy and radiant. Perfect! It doesn't break me out or causes any dryness, it really is the best foundation I've ever used!
    The pump container is very clever (easy to lock so it doesn't leak in make-up bag on the go) and chic looking and the 30ml will last minimum 3 months, even with everyday use.
    I can imagine it being unsuitable for oily skin, it's just to light and would melt away. On dry to normal skin (even with oily t-zone) it should work perfectly as long as used with light setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by katidria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought the MAC Mineralize SatinFinish SPF 15 foundation in NC42, and I love it! I have never been a foundation person before, only bronzers and the MAC tinted moisturizer. But I have been doing a ton of fashion shows and photoshoots lately, and they always ask me to bring my own foundation so I decided to try one. I told the MAC associate that I wanted something light, with spf that I could use everyday if i wanted to. My skin is pretty good, more on the dry side, and I don't have any blemishes or acne, so a light coverage is what works for me. we settled on NC42, and it blends so well, it looks like i'm not wearing makeup! I agree with everyone else, it leaves your skin feeling dewey and soft, and the glow is just amazing! also, it makes my blush stand out even better than when i wear blush alone! I highly suggest this product! (also, I told the associate i get pretty dark in the summer, so she suggested i use bronzer on top of the foundation to match my tan as my color changes. when i start to do that I will let you know how it turns out!)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

I went to a MAC warehouse sale that they have in Toronto, so I got this for a decent price but even then this product was no good for my skin. It left my skin with a glittery finish and I felt so self conscious the whole day because I prefer the no make-up look much better. It was obvious that you were wearing foundation because you looked like a disco ball.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Mommy05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Once again the color selection on this foundation is HORRIBLE. I am fair, with olive undertones. I've tried a vairty of other Mac foundations in the past which left me looking like I had a mask on, highlighted all my flakeys or just didn't look good under light. I put the tester on in the store for NW 20, which looked good and blended in. When I went home, and I checked it's the same color, this foundation left me looking like an ompa loompa. I looked at my skin under store lighting, my bathroom lighting and outdoor lighting and I still looked orange. I still don't know if it's just weird reaction my skin has to Mac foundations or what it is. I went and exchanged it for NC15 and bought a cheap powder to set it with from the drug store. I'm going to try it later and hopefully the color looks better.

As far as the foudation formula itself, this left my skin probably looking the best it ever has. Luminious, dewy and extremely natural looking. This is not a matter or heavy founation and I would think you need pretty good skin to begin with to wear this. I like it bc it gives your skin a healthy glow, not a dull or talcy look like some of their other foundations. I will be back to update on my color selection.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by BreeBee

This is my first MAC foundation and I'm pretty pleased with it. The MAC girls at the counter tried NC15 on me, since Im very fair and it made me look very dewey and it has a nice luminosity, not glittery, more glow than anything. It covers beautifully but my only complaints are that it has a slight yellow tint, which my skin does not have so it will probably look better during summer. I also dont really like how it feels on my face, kinda oily..but its not teribble, I'd purchase again, it stays on all day so thats nice. Doesn't cause me to breakout, I love that :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

After hearing raves all over the beauty world regarding MAC, once I moved to the city from a rural area with no interesting makeup shops, I decided to go to a MAC store and splurge a little!
    The consultant was very nice and helpful. She helped me match this MAC mineralize satinfinish spf 15 foundation in NC25.
    It is a light coverage foundation. The match is good, it blends well. SPF is always a welcome bonus. Packaging is good. But I wasn't "wowed" like I had anticipated. Boo!
    I want something that felt a little cleaner and provided more coverage.
    It's a fair product, but left me crestfallen due to the magical MAC dreams I've had in my head for so long.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by polarbear20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a shade match today and the way the sale's associate put it on my face was great. I don't use foundation and I haven't purchased this yet but I am planning to in the near future. I don't have a lot of problems with my face, it is mostly clear. I do have very big eye bags which is something I want to cover up when I go out. It covered the eye bags very well with the help of concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by merekat703

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My everyday foundation! Nw15/NW20 are my colors and I love it. Its lightweight and blends nicely. Hasn't made me break out like drug store brands do.