October 1, 2014 | 1893 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Powder Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried for almost two years to like this brush like everyone else but honestly I just can't. Maybe I got a bad brush but for me, this brush is just too floppy for me to use as a powder brush. It washes beautifully and dries pretty fast but the shape of this brush falls short. I am tempted to trim the bristles but I am afraid to do that since I could ruin the brush even more. I tend to use my Prescriptive powder brush more. I might purchase this again to make sure that it is not a dud.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by lwsege

Great POWDER BRUSH!!!! I like it so much!!! It is so soft and apply all powder, i.e. loose powder, mineral powder, compact powder, etc perfectly and evenly. RECOMMEND!!!!! No complain at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by kaylow699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush, its soft, and it makes my powder look really nice...usually I use a MAC 150, but there really expensive :/ so I found this brush and I fell on love...heck I think its even better than my MAC brush ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just don't like how this made my powder look. I have only used one other brush before and this doesn't measure up. It IS soft, and I do like the long handle. Hopefully I'll find my HG brush soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by loanlou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush, it's very soft, durable, and does a great job for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by yummykeylimepie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great brush for face powder, very soft. It's no wonder Ecotools brushes are always sold out. Looking to get the brush blush next if I can find it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleTwilight

First off, I got this as part of a pack, so I technically got it for much cheaper that what you would pay if you bought it separately, whcih is about $10 (which actually isn't that bad).
I saw lots of people complaining about the application process and how the brush is slightly tapered, making it hard to use. This didn't happen for me.
Even though the brush is round and tapered, it's soft and the hairs are flexible, so I actually do manage to get powder on the brush and on my face evenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by nalina82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PERFECT powder brush. I picked this up at ULTA for about $10 and it is my favorite powder brush. I've had it for almost a year and it's still soft and fluffy with no shedding. This might not be the right brush for you if you prefer a heavier application, but I like my powder applied light and loose as a setting for my foundation and this is just PERFECT.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by medinaneenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't reach for this brush very often; only when I'd like a very thin, sporadic dusting of powder.
The hairs are too long. The brush is rather floppy.
I'd recommend it as a body brush. I've used it in my decollege area with better results. The movement of the bristles work better for larger areas, sans face.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by girly704

I got this brush with the 5 piece set. Although the bristles are supersoft and easy to clean, I find this brush is not dense or fluffy enough to apply powder. It doesn't pickup and distribute the right amount of product so I find myself using more powder than with other brushes. The flat tapered shape of this brush makes it hard to evenly apply a thin layer of powder. With other powder brushes, I can swirl the powder around my face in large circular strokes and lightly buff it into my skin, but with this brush, I end up using "painting" strokes which doesn't give skin a nice finish.

I may just use this for blush or bronzer though. For the price, it was worth a try.