Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was really wanting this foundation for a long time. I finally got it and I'm honestly disappointed. It looks cakey, even when I apply it with a stippling brush. It's alright for a night out but I honestly don't find it worth the price.

on 10/3/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I recently got this foundation at Sephora and I am pretty pleased with it. My shade in the foundation is N117 and it is a pretty perfect match for me! I have never had a foundation match so well before.
The lady at Sephora used a blending brush to apply this and I didn't really like the look because it seemed so heavy on me. Even when I applied it again with the same brush a day later, it still looked super heavy. So I went to my ever so amazing beauty blender and I haven't gone back. The beauty blender took away that heavy look of the foundation and it looks more like my skin which I like. This is a medium to full cover foundation so it will look a bit heavy but I like that I still had the coverage with less heaviness.
It still looks a bit heavy around my nose but it isn't too bad. I do feel like it could do a better job at covering my acne but it does pretty when especially if I layer a bit more on where I have a few breakouts. I use around 1-2 pumps, it just depends on how much coverage I need for that day. Also I recommend using a water based primer with this since it is a water based foundation and silicone based primers don't do as well with the foundation.
Even though I have some complaints about this foundation, it is the best one I have ever tried so far and I am willing to work with it if I need too. I will repurchase this as well unless I find another foundation that takes the spot of the Makeup Forever one.

on 10/1/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. What do I like? The formula and finish. What do I not like? Breakouts.
I bought this on a whim, being frustrated because of the lack of very pale foundations at Sephora. I am NW15, and there are brands I wholly disregard when thinking about face products because they do not make my shade. MUFE however, does, and when I found my match, 110 Pink Porcelain, I was ecstatic. Yes, it's expensive, but my choices are few and far between, and this promised HD perfection. Sign me up!
Well. The finish is beautiful. The consistency of this foundation is gel-like, and made my skin look soft. I used it for a week, until I started noticing bumps on my cheeks and mouth area.
This is a red flag for me, since I never have breakouts there. I stopped using MUFE, and they started healing up. So, with a heavy heart, I returned it.
Luckily I was able to return it without a receipt. If you have this concern, create an account with Sephora and you will be able to return a product with an ID if you lost the receipt.
Side note: When I bought this foundation, the cap was broken. The lower half of the cap was filled with foundation, so it must have been seeping out of the sides! Should have taken that as a sign from above!

on 9/28/2014 12:49:00 AM

I really like this product. I like to look like I'm wearing as little make up as possible and this really does provide a more natural yet full coverage look. It's worth the money, I have bought and tried dozens of concealer, this is one of the best. One con is the packaging, the cap always comes off - so annoying. Other than that I love the protect it's great. My new must have.

I love this foundation! It applies so well and really gives you a flawless finish. I wore this for a week and my mom had no idea that i was wearing foundation until she actually saw me putting it on one day.. she just thought my face was looking healthy and clear. Gives excellent coverage (says medium but i would say more like full) without looking cakey, which i really love since that's one of my pet peeves... make up should help you look younger, not older! I have combination skin (oily in t-zone and dry everywhere else) and it works great for both. I also have a pretty difficult skin tone to match but i found the perfect shade, which is very rare! A little pricey at $42 at sephora but worth it in my opinion. Definitely sticking with this one for as long as i can.

on 9/24/2014 4:38:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for 3 years now and I would not change it for anything. I absolutely love it! It sets evenly on my skin and offers a medium coverage, heavy if you apply in layers. I purchased it initially as I loved Kim Kardashian's makeup and found out she uses mufe hd foundation religiously. It doesn't streak at all, has a lovely finish and leaves my skin looking dewy. It also photographs great. I could not recommend it enough! If you are hesitant due to the price tag, it is well worth it in my opinion as my bottle lasts me on average 8 months or so. The only reason I gave the packaging a 4/5 and not the full, is due to the pump. It sometimes leaks slightly if I am to carry it in a makeup bag.

on 9/23/2014 5:08:00 PM

I've been using this for about 6 years now and I love it. I've strayed a few times just to try something new and I ALWAYS go back. It's the only foundation that matches my skin tone PERFECTLY (shade 128). If you're hesitant because of the price don't be. It's totally worth it. It takes me about 4 months to get through one bottle. Also, if you're looking for a more heavier coverage this is not it. It's awesome if you are looking for light-medium coverage. Definitely recommend this !!!

on 9/19/2014 5:49:00 PM

Pros:
*Light, smooth dewy finish
*Nice color matching
* no SPF, (Good for night wear)
* Does make my skin look good in photos.

Cons:
*"Silicon" based, so it doesnt let the skin breathe
*Coverage is almost too light, more like a tinted moisturizer.
* The pakaging bothers me! I keep my makeup in a bag, and the cap just will not stay on this bottle. The pump is nice, but this packaging is only good if you keep your makeup on a counter, not in a makeup bag.
*No SPF, not good for daytime protection
* Expensive. (Any single product that costs more than $30 is expensive for makeup, in my book)

Like many others, I wanted to love this foundation. I do still use it for special occasions, because for me, the color match is good, and the finish is pretty and natural looking. I apply it in a light layer using a sponge. and set it with the HD powder. (I do love the HD Powder brush)
The downside to this product is that I feel like it breaks me out. I tend to prefer BB creams, because I want an all in one product with SPF. Smashbox is currently my fav because it looks natural color and texture, I believe it is waterbased, it feels nice and has SPF, but Im looking into trying Tarte soon. I am (like many of you) trying to go as natural and gentle as possible with my products, because I break out very bad, I have pretty bad hormonal and cyctic acne along my jawbone, neck and checks as well as large clogged pores over most of my face. Anything that will break me out, product wise, usually does so within a few days of use.
I think that this clogs my pores too much for daily wear.

on 9/18/2014 3:54:00 AM

I really like this stuff. The only downside is that during the summer it does tend to make me look oily but other than that it great. I enjoy it more during the cold months because it gives me a slight dewiness that i enjoy when its cold, in the summer though not so much. It also photographs really nicely.

I had a hard time finding a match with my skin tone. I liked how it feels on the skin but unfortunately I had to go with smashbox. :(

Video Reviews & Tutorials