October 25, 2014 | 897 users online

Liquid - Shu Uemura - Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by yenichii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation through and through...well this one and it's stick version. It's so expensive sometimes I feel my eyes water a little bit when I am handing my card over to the lady behind the counter but overall the fact my skin look like magic is (mostly) worth it.

It is as promised, super super super blendable and is so far the only foundation I found that matches my skin tone almost exactly!

On the minus side it doesn't last long. Even if I just spend a normal day doing not much by the end of the day when I look in the mirror I can see that most of the stuff has worn off. Not sure about other primers but basically it only stays on if I have also used Shu's mousse primer. However this takes both a lot of time and takes expenses from eyewatering to almost heart attack inducing levels. Especially if you are like me and apply foundation with a brush which as I'm sure you all know just eats the bottle faster.

Thinking about it clearly I realise that ultimately I am not saving money because obviously I use twice as many products...but "to save money" I save the mousse and fluid only for special occasions and for when I have lots of time to primp. Otherwise I use the Nobara stick in the same shade which has better coverage and faster to apply for everyday (but not quite as smooth end product as the fluid).

It sounds like this foundation isn't all the great but it actually is FANTASTIC since it's natural, smooth and doesn't cause breakouts. It is totally worth the money when I see how flawless my face looks in the mirror!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by urbanemotions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome product! only 300 HKD :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Do you like cyclopentasiloxane? Because if you don't (and I don't) the first two ingredients in this foundation are sea water and cyclopentasiloxane, which appears to be in everything face-base related these days. As you know, ingredient lists on cosmetic packaging go in the order of "starring ingredients" first, meaning the first few on the list are what the make-up is mainly made of. My skin is dreadfully sensitive to silicones, some minerals, and very specifically intolerant to cyclopentasiloxane. If you have combination skin with olive undertones matching MAC's NC20 concealor, and you buy Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation (for $64AUD) in 774, and you apply it in the morning over sunblock, you may enjoy extremely natural looking coverage (even over flaky skin bits) that feels weightless and photographs well... AND lasts alll day (unless you end up in the rain)... and unless... UNLESS you are sensitive to cyclopentasiloxane, in which case you will only enjoy one day of Face Architect's "smoothing" promises and the next day your face will feel itchy under the foundation until you remove it with an oil-based remover and also post-remover soap cleanser to discover that any areas where this foundation touched your face are red and covered in break-outs, hives, painful what-you-call-thems. Hey, your milage will vary, won't it? Some people don't like mineral oil (I do, my skin is weird like that) some people don't like silicones. I can't wear cyclopentaxiloxane. Hear that, Shu Uemura (or anyone else)? Please, someone, make a foundation without cyclopentaxiloxane because my 30+ uneven complexion (sadly) looks better with some makeup. ~~~~ 26/9/2010... I'm still breaking out from having used this and the scarring from the lesions that have healed are... really ugly. ~~~~

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never ever thought I would get to say this...but yes I have found my HG foundation.
    I'd actually reached the point where I'd given up on ever finding a foundation that wouldn't break out my super sensitive skin. After seeing the glowing reviews for Face Architect on MUA I thought ok just one last shot and if this breaks me out I'll just go out bare faced forever.
    Pros:
    -doesn't break me out!!!
    -matches my skintone, isn't too yellow or orange or pink (yes I'm looking at you MAC)
    -melts into my skin (doesn't look like I'm wearing foundation ie isn't chalky, powdery, etc)
    -buildable: can apply one layer for light coverage, two layers for heavy coverage

Cons:
    -pricey: $60CAD but it's worth every penny

I tried applying it with a foundation brush and with a wet cosmetic sponge and I prefer the sponge a thousand times. With a foundation brush I would often get streak marks and spend time trying to buff them out but with a sponge my foundation just looks air brushed.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 1:33:00 AM More reviews by morg22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got mine in the mail last week and I love it! It goes on so smooth and feels like your not even wearing any make-up. I break out super easily, but I don't with this stuff! Sounds dumb, but I kept switching my face wash and acne treatments, because I thought they were the reasons my face wasn't clearing up and I was still getting break outs. It never occured to me that my make-up was actually making me break out the most. I really really suggest this product to anyone and everyone. It's a bit expensive but I think it should last a long time and is for sure worth it. Happy make-up reviewing!

I recently changed my mind about this make-up. Being a college student, I'm a little low on funds. I switched to Almay Clear Completion and I have to say I like it just as much and its cheaper. I don't think I would buy this foundation again, unless it was a lot cheaper. I would say, if you have the money then go for it, other wise Almay works just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Ayumango

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I think this foundation is ideal for asians. It makes my skin look flawless, smooth and natural. The gliding formula fits lightly on the skin. Moreover, it is long-lasting and moisturing. And there are many colors you can choose. It's my favorite liquid foundation now.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 5:30:00 AM More reviews by kbel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The texture of this foundation is silky and gorgeous but it has a chalky appearance and looked too flat for me.
    I so wanted to love this but I looked like a powdery Granny. I also used it with the Shu Uemera translucent powder which I still love but I think the combo was too much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love and hate relationship with this foundation. I love the color, I use two colors in the 9xx level for olive tones. The higher you go in the middle number the lighter it gets. The formula gives you flawless matte finish but becomes cakey and splotchy and shiny within an hour. I tried it with primer and powder to set and still did not get the result I wanted. I think it has clay in it that reacts with my skin- from my experience this is the culprit. This is very similar to Atelier's formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by freddifredda

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Without a doubt the BEST foundation I have ever purchased, it brightens your skin, non oily, doesn't break you out, blends evenly (I use a foundation brush) a little goes a long way, highly pigmented yet doesn't look cakey, natural looking, lasts a pretty long time, the only drawback is it is kind of pricey, but hey if you find something you like it is worth it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

FINALLY! My search is over! I have tried so many foundations, and I was liking the NARS Sheer glow for a while, but it still was not HG worthy for me because it just sat on my skin and was greasy.
    HG for sure. I needed no powder touch ups, it felt natural all day, and blends like a dream. This review could be a mile long, but I will just leave it at this... I AM IN LOVE WITH SHU UEMURA'S ARCHITECT FOUNDATION.
    TIP!!!: If you are finding a setting powder is making the foundation look too chalky, switch to a translucent powder (like too faced prime poreless) This foundation is meant to be a semi matte finish and not touched up through out the day.