July 29, 2014 | 2129 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Elements Microdermabrasion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has replaced my St. Ives Apricot Scrub, which has been a staple in my bathroom for many, many years. I like the squeaky clean feeling it gives, and my skin always looks better after using. I also keep in the shower and use when it feels like there are dead skin cells building up. I also like teh color of the packaging, and the consistency of the product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by freyasfeathers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very general all purpose scrub. Nothing spectacular, but not bad either. I use daily in the shower for maintenance. The scent is not bad- smells clean. I like that it is not too abrasive, but just enough to do a little something to keep my face smooth. The cap of the tube is hard to get open and I once broke a nail trying to pry the dang thing open. Once open though, the opening is small so you dont get too much and goop it all over. I paid about $6 for it and its lasted about 3 months now and only a little over half full, so worth the price. I would re-buy because I'm tired of looking for something better. Like a comfortable marriage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by mayholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's alright, use it when i don't feel like using my origins modern friction (when i'm lazy)

this stuff leaves little white things on my face though. not cool. otherwise it's pretty nice, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by princess_jessica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing! I use this every other day in the shower and it gives me smooth, glowing skin! I have 21 year old, sensitive, dry skin, with no real problems(acne, bemishes, etc) and I follow this with regular cetephil moisturizing cream. I've never used a cleanser that has worked so well with my skin. I like the gentle scrubbing and I feel like my skin isn't clean unless I use some kind of exfoliator to get the makeup, dirt, etc, off. The original scrub is far too harsh and leaves my extremely fair skin ruddy and inflamed. This is incredibly gentle, but gets the job done. The beads are great, but I could see myself using just the "base" as a cleanser too! Love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think I may have a found a great product! The beads feel very soft on my skin, it doesn't dry or irritate my skin. My skin looks healthy and bright after use. I've used it a few times so far, so I am hoping I will get good results from here and out. Update: Leaves tiny bumps on my forehead and a bit abrasive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by jmotluck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was using Bliss face wash which is a very expensive cleanser and minimally abrasive. I saw this line and decided to try it. I love the smell and the amount of and size of the exfoliating beads. Although the tube is small, you don't need a lot. As with any tube, getting the last bit out is a chore. My daughter, who turned me on to Bliss, is now using this, too. Update 7/8/10: I'm having a hard time finding this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by msmocha30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought 3 tubes of this at once and I love it! It leaves my skin very refined. It is not too hard on the pores and it feels like a face massage.The crystals are very fine and it is very good if you have large pores and oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this after finding out my Ponds purely polished micro-dermabrasion was discontinued. So far I find this excellent, a bit less gentle than the ponds, so I use it more gently and for only 30 seconds vs one minute, on my sensitive skin. I've used it 3 times so far with no problems, if anything should change I will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Ginny1936

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It smells great! It does the job. My skin was feeling and looking really dry as I had just gotten over the flu. This took away the dead looking skin, with just enough abrasion so not to irritate my very sensitive skin, especially in winter. I look alive now, back from the dead. LOL.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kams64

This is good stuff! I didn't want to spend the bucks on my philosophy scrub so bought this for $5. The scrubbing granules are the perfect size, the base is creamy and very mild smelling. It works great and it'll last forever since you really don't need much more than a large pea size amount. I'll repurchase even when I can afford the high end stuff again.