August 27, 2014 | 1724 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 100% Pure Shea Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the smaller tin and keep it in my medicine cabinet. I use it on my lips, cuticles, and hands (I have a terrible time with dry hands). I love this stuff! It is very thick, but super moisturizing and luxurious. It feels a bit greasy at first, but skin feels amazing after. It really works! Great on lips, too. I also like the cute little tin, small enough to toss in my purse or a makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep a small tin in my makeup case & another on my desk at home at all times. I use it on my lips & cuticles. It's my favorite product from L'Occitane. It moisturizes really well. It's too pricey for me to use all over my body so I make it last longer by using it just on my lips & cuticles. A wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by maureen2

This product is so wonderful!!! After being sick for a week my skin became super dry and flaky and nothing helped it. I finally decided to try pure shea as a night treatment. I took a little bit and warmed it down in my hands then applied it all over my face. It was greasy at first but felt soothing and in the morning my skin was like butter. I have been using it ever since and my skin looks amazing. I had a huge zit and put a little shea on it and in the morning it was almost gone. I love this stuff!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by macalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used it as a lip balm and as a treatment for dry spots, like elbows and heels. It's very thick and hard to apply. The smell is kind of odd. Anyway, it didn't work as good as I expected - didn't moisturize the skin and worked just as bad as a lip balm. I tried rubbing it between the hands; it makes application a little easier, but the results are still poor. Disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shea butter is thick and waxy and completely odorless. (I am comparing it to some of the "raw" unprocessed stuff they sell at flea markets, which is yellow and oily.) If I didn't know it was 100% shea, I would think it was a very thick lip balm. I just buy the tiny $8 tins (1/4 oz) even though it's a rip-off, because there's no way I could use the much larger $40 tin before it went rancid. I use it for cracked fingertips, chapped hands, and a tiny dab as a lipstick base to make color cling longer. This is the ultimate occlusive barrier for skin-- great for extreme weather conditions-- but way too thick to use on large body areas IMO.

**EDIT: took off 2 lippies when I discovered that NOW Foods offers a 100% shea butter, 7 ounces for $9, that is every bit as good as L'Occitane's at a fraction of the cost. NOW's version is also not processed with hexane. I'm never looking back!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by RosemaryThyme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use these most days after the shower and love it. It is especially great after a few days of really cold temperatures. The scent is not heavy like most body creams I have tried. It is expensive but the tub seems to last forever and it is so much better than anything else I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A great pure Shea Butter for really dry skin like heels and elbows. It's the real deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this and tried it on my dry skin, applying it to my temple area (where I have dermatitis) and also on the tops of my cheeks--which are just plain dry. (I also have areas of rosacea but avoided these areas). I used just a little bit and left it on overnight: It went on greasy (not a good feeling) and didn't help either area--still flaky/dry skin showing--yet still greasy from the shea the next morning! Even simple jojoba oil does a better job with flakies than this does for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by sienna0202

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a gift basket with other L'Occitane products. I have only used this as a lip balm and on dry skin areas. I love it as a lip balm. I generally put it on at night and wake up with nice moisturized lips. I also reach for it when my lips feel particularly dry. It is very mositurizing and long lasting. I haven't had the problem of my lips feeling drier after it fades like some others have mentionned. Yes it is over priced and I probably would not buy it on it's own because I do have a HG drugstore l/b that is great but for those who love L'Occitane and do not mind the price I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I always keep one of the itty bitty tins in my purse. Its the only thing that works to smooth out the flakes I get around my nose and eyes from using retin-a. I can tap it on right over my mu without disturbing it if I need to, and it doesn't migrate into my eyes or make my oily skin oilier. Also great for cuticles, or cuts/burns when traveling. I'm not crazy about it for my lips as it does seem to dry them out after an hour or so, but its a cant-do-without item for everything else.