October 1, 2014 | 2032 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Define A Lash Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by lauralovebug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite drug store mascara I've found so far. It separates my lashes, lengthens them, it's a nice thick black formula so it it even gives them volume, and it holds my curl all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Annagraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It took me almost a year to like this mascara. My take:

Pros
-Nice length!
-Somewhat defining.
-Holds a curl reasonably well.
-Very waterproof.
-Nice packaging.

Cons
-Clumps.
-Brush is very wiggly.
-Looks kind of unnatural.
-Hard to remove.

This is a hit or miss product.
I might not buy it again immediately, but I would probably end up rebuying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by lilbit888

Would I buy this product again? Geez. I think would buy stock in Maybelline if they sold it for this mascara. This is true HG for me - I think I'm on my 7th or 8th tube. With dead straight lashes, I spent most of my adult life looking for a good lengthening and volumizing mascara that can hold a curl. This mascara does all of the above for me - WITHOUT clumping. I like a natural-ish finish to my mascara, however, so this might not be for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by flonkerton

I liked the original formula, but it couldn't hold a curl very well, and the waterproof formula is definitely an improvement in that sense.

It smudges a but, but it so good at lengthening! I mean, yes a $24 mascara will lengthen a bit better and have posher packaging, but this is probably my favorite drugstore mascara. It doesn't make your lashes all brittle, about-to-snap-off feeling like other waterproof drugstore mascaras tend to.

The brush is a little cheap-feeling because of its flexibility, but it's never given me any problems with application. Actually, I think it's the flexibility of the brush that it moves along with the shape of my eyes/contour of my lashes better, if that makes any sense. Mascara wands that are firm and sturdy and straight make it really easy for me to blob my mascara onto my lid when I'm not using a mascara guard. Infuriating. But I haven't done that with the Define-A-Lash.

Compared to NARS Larger Than Life Lengthening mascara, it doesn't provide as much length, but it's almost as good at separating lashes. And one thing Define-A-Lash does better is volumize. It layers without getting clumpy. Takes me like 3 coats of NARS to get anywhere with volume. And it's freakin' $25! Define-A-Lash runs for $8? And I got it for 40% off. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Caty_23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have several different mascaras that I use for different occasions/looks that I want to create, and Define A Lash Waterproof is my absolute favourite for creating, a fresh, natural look. Although I love my volumising mascaras, on some occasions I want something a bit more toned down, yet still want my lashes to be visible. Define A Lash gives my lashes great length and separation, yet without the volume, which makes for a nice wide-eyed, natural look.

The wand is nice and long and has those moulded plastic (spiky looking!) bristles. I actually find these brushes nice to work with, and the short-ish bristles means that extra mascara doesn't end up on my eyelids when I use the brush at the root of my lashes. The wand itself is extremely flexible, and sometimes doesn't seem very sturdy when pushing it back in the tube, but I have not yet had one snap on me.

I always go for waterproof versions of mascara as for some reason have real trouble with flaking and smudging under my eyes halfway through the day when I use the normal formulas. I can quite easily wear Define A Lash Waterproof for a good 14 hours without any flaking or smudging. It does take a little work to remove, but I find using a good amount of creamy eye make-up remover to have best results. I have not noticed it causing my lashes any problems in terms of breakage or brittleness.

I will definitely be repurchasing this again. If you are looking for a lot of increased volume, Define A Lash probably isn't for you, but it is perfect for creating a fresh, natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Xandrra

I think this was my first mascara! I'll write what I remember of my first encounter :)

it did not curl on itself, but my eyelashes are dead straight and even a curler wont do much to them the first time around so no surprises there.

It didn't really hold the curl throughout the day unfortunately, and the wand was very flimsy, sometimes it wouldn't go into the tube or slip out and mascara would end up everywhere.

It did separate well enough and did not clump, but I would not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Siska1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with previous reviewers - this is a great mascara for "curling", lengthening and separating lashes - and it is indeed waterproof. :) The only problem for me is that my lashes tend to loose their "curl" through out the day... but they do that with all mascaras I've tried (Diorshow, Isadora mascaras, L'oreal's Voluminous... you name it!).

It's definatly my favourite mascara so far - but I'm still searching for "the one"! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by MrsRosendale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far, this is the only mascara that will hold curl, seperate, define, and lengthen my lashes. I will only use waterproof mascaras due to their curl holding capabilities. I've used many Maybelline mascaras, and many of them are quite good, but this one shines above the rest. Just be sure to use a good makeup remover to get it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Kirro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great mascara. It lengthens and separates. It doesn't give clumps. Also it's really waterproof, unlike some 'waterproof'mascara's.One of the best budget mascara's I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by syrupeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After such a bad experience with loreal's telescopic explosion mascara(the one with the sphere looking wand), I decided to go on a hunt for a better one. After reading several reviews, i finally went out and bought maybelline's define a lash and O M G, I like it so much! The packaging is super cute ^_^

This mascara claims to define and lengthen, which is exactly what it did for me. My eyelashes are medium length and this made them look so much longer and defined! This mascara is also very buildable, which allows me to get the desired thickness i want. Best of all, there's no clumping or smudging. Yay!

Also, some people have complained about the wand being too bendy, but I found it quite easy to work with. The shape of the wand is freakin awesome too. It sorta narrows towards the center, leaving the ends wider, which i think makes it easier to apply mascara onto the inner and outer ends of your eyelashes which are harder to reach. You really don't have to put a lot of effort into applying this mascara. Genius I tell you, Genius!

So yeah, I definitely recommend this one to you girls who are looking for something that will lengthen and define your lashes. And remember! You are beautiful just the way you are, no matter what anyone else has ever told you in the past or even now! Treat makeup as an enhancer, not a mask. Don't hide the beautiful person you already are!

Peace and Love ^_^