July 30, 2014 | 1156 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by barbiechick1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I've used it with liquid foundation, powder, and cream blush. I love it. Its a little small for stippling on liquid foundation, but its perfect for buffing out/diffusing cream blush. Its really soft, the packaging is beautiful, and the bristles don't fall out. <3 it. I would definitely buy it again, except that I don't think I would ever need to lol because its so great. But I would definitely recommend it, especially for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by girlke44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had my Flat Top for over a year and I have to say after many cleanings and lots of use it has shed once and is still in great condition. Granted this is a thick brush and with that in mind it is perfect for buffing to give a flawless look. I use this with creams and liquid foundation. But it works best with creams. It does take a long time to dry after cleaning but its worth the wait. I did have issues with the handle coming off in the beginning but with a little super glue I haven't had any problems since.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by k8dahl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush is definitely the most useful makeup brush that I own. I used it with my liquid foundation, pressed powder, concealer, bronzer, powder blush and cream blush. It does an amazing job applying all of these products.

I also noticed it's a lot softer than the Philosophy multi-purpose brush and it definitely applys nicer as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by hyemimoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did not work well with BB cream. It is really soft when dry but it soaked up too much product and did not glide smoothly on my face. The SK duo fibre brush (large), which I love for my Nars powder blushes, worked better with BB cream. Agree with the other reviewer about there being quite a bit of space between bristles and barrel. In fact, the whole thing popped out while I was washing. Back to Target it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by AdreeC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush so much. I used to buff out my blushes and bronzer as well as apply mineral makeup. This brush is super dense and very soft. The handle has an easy grip ship and it comfortable to hold. This brush blends really well, obviously it will work differently depending on your brushes strokes and how hard you press- but for me it glides my makeup around my skin extremely well. It disperses the color evenly and leaves a nice finish. I've had it for over a month and have washed it 6 times since I bought it and have noticed little to no shedding and no brush deterioration.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by honeyyummy

I ADORE this brush. I never knew how important it was to find a good brush to apply foundation. After using this one it has made a world of difference. My makeup is more even now. The bristles are super soft and I've never had any shedding. It's a good buy if you're not looking to spend a lot of cash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe it's because I have a large face. Or maybe it's because I have a lot of brushes. I like SK black handles brushes in general but was very disappointed in this particular brush.

First of all, it started shedding like a mofo as soon as I got it. Second, if you press on the fibers from the side, you will notice that there is a LOT of room inside the ferrule. That means it's not well-packed.

This brush is expensive for drugstore at $14.95 and I think there are much better options at this price range. If I could return this back to Target, I would, and get the Coastal Scents Bionic Buffer ($13.95) if I wanted another Flat Top. I am not a fan of CS or Crown brushes but this is the one exception. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by bellaessentiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I had a friend buy this for me from Target after I have read a lot of great reviews for this product. And I have no regrets! It applies my Revlon PhotoReady foundation seamlessly without the smudges and lines left when I use my fingers and my sponges. Plus it gets into the nooks and crannies of my nose where the foundation sometimes looks splotchy and flaky. I also use this for my NARS blush and for contouring powder! Works so much better than my angled brush in buffing the color and not making it look like I have a huge, muddy-looking brown stain on my cheeks. The size is absolutely a wonder for a girl like me who has a small face when most contour brushes are too big for me. And the stylish handle makes it easy to hold and control while applying my makeup each and every time. I LOVE THIS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush is all kinds of amazing. I use it to apply my powder and blush. I've heard that it is excellent as a foundation brush, but I have always applied my foundation with a sponge, and you're never going to get me to change, lol.

Once my foundation is dried, I buff my powder (MAC Skinfinish Natural) lightly into my skin, and it looks amazing-no cakey-ness, no powder overload-it looks flawless. And it is great for blush too! I actually prefer it to my blush brush now, because I can start out at my temple and down towards my cheekbone without having it encompass my whole cheek.

I'm actually going to go back for another, so I can use one for powder, and one for blush, so I'm not constantly washing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by fiamma84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG! This works so well will Revlon ColorStay which I wear several times a month. I know others take issue with the size but it's perfect with CS because you have to work in small sections. The result is very smooth. I can't wait to try it out with other full coverage foundations. For some reason it doesn't work well with my current daily medium coverage foundation. It ends up looking cakey. Other than that it doesn't shed and feels so soft on my face.