April 16, 2014 | 1980 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by AdreeC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush so much. I used to buff out my blushes and bronzer as well as apply mineral makeup. This brush is super dense and very soft. The handle has an easy grip ship and it comfortable to hold. This brush blends really well, obviously it will work differently depending on your brushes strokes and how hard you press- but for me it glides my makeup around my skin extremely well. It disperses the color evenly and leaves a nice finish. I've had it for over a month and have washed it 6 times since I bought it and have noticed little to no shedding and no brush deterioration.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by honeyyummy

I ADORE this brush. I never knew how important it was to find a good brush to apply foundation. After using this one it has made a world of difference. My makeup is more even now. The bristles are super soft and I've never had any shedding. It's a good buy if you're not looking to spend a lot of cash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe it's because I have a large face. Or maybe it's because I have a lot of brushes. I like SK black handles brushes in general but was very disappointed in this particular brush.

First of all, it started shedding like a mofo as soon as I got it. Second, if you press on the fibers from the side, you will notice that there is a LOT of room inside the ferrule. That means it's not well-packed.

This brush is expensive for drugstore at $14.95 and I think there are much better options at this price range. If I could return this back to Target, I would, and get the Coastal Scents Bionic Buffer ($13.95) if I wanted another Flat Top. I am not a fan of CS or Crown brushes but this is the one exception. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by bellaessentiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! I had a friend buy this for me from Target after I have read a lot of great reviews for this product. And I have no regrets! It applies my Revlon PhotoReady foundation seamlessly without the smudges and lines left when I use my fingers and my sponges. Plus it gets into the nooks and crannies of my nose where the foundation sometimes looks splotchy and flaky. I also use this for my NARS blush and for contouring powder! Works so much better than my angled brush in buffing the color and not making it look like I have a huge, muddy-looking brown stain on my cheeks. The size is absolutely a wonder for a girl like me who has a small face when most contour brushes are too big for me. And the stylish handle makes it easy to hold and control while applying my makeup each and every time. I LOVE THIS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush is all kinds of amazing. I use it to apply my powder and blush. I've heard that it is excellent as a foundation brush, but I have always applied my foundation with a sponge, and you're never going to get me to change, lol.

Once my foundation is dried, I buff my powder (MAC Skinfinish Natural) lightly into my skin, and it looks amazing-no cakey-ness, no powder overload-it looks flawless. And it is great for blush too! I actually prefer it to my blush brush now, because I can start out at my temple and down towards my cheekbone without having it encompass my whole cheek.

I'm actually going to go back for another, so I can use one for powder, and one for blush, so I'm not constantly washing it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by fiamma84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG! This works so well will Revlon ColorStay which I wear several times a month. I know others take issue with the size but it's perfect with CS because you have to work in small sections. The result is very smooth. I can't wait to try it out with other full coverage foundations. For some reason it doesn't work well with my current daily medium coverage foundation. It ends up looking cakey. Other than that it doesn't shed and feels so soft on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by SkinDeep05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product primarily for foundation application. I enjoy this brush because the bristles are soft on my sensitive skin and it is so dense that I feel that my product is not getting lost in the bristles meaning MINIMAL waste. I enjoy the sleek design of this brush although I would not recommend it to be "travel friendly." All in all a good buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by kristacular1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Truthfully, I hate foundation application with a brush. It doesn't work for me. It doesn't look good and I hate cakey-looking make-up. I prefer to apply my foundation with my warm fingers so that it melts seamlessly into my skin. However, I DO like to use a brush to buff/smooth things out after I've applied my foundation. This brush is fabulous for that, it makes my foundation virtually undetectable. I'm a huge fan of Sonia Kashuk. Period.

I think everyone should own this brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by rokiyah1234

ok so when i went to my local target store i was so dissapointed when i found out that they had no elf powder brushes left in stock!!!!!! so i had no choice but to get the sonia kashuk flat top brush. When i first opened it i was so pissed because it had little hairs sticking out of it. When i first tryed it i wore my lotion yaddyyyadda, then when i applied my foundation which i used chanel tient innocence at the time it looked HORRIBLE!!!! omg u dont even understand when i looked in the mirror it was gloopy cakey and i looked disgusting so i took that shit right off and applied it with my mac stippling brush. That was a waste of my time and money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by sremmers123

Meh, not my favorite Sonia Kashuk brush. I initially purchased this brush to stipple and buff in my liquid foundation. I already had the Sonia Kashuk stippling brush but I saw a lot of good reviews about this brush on youtube. I was at Target one day and figured I might as well grab it. Well, I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. This brush is far too weak to stipple in foundation. The bristles don't stand up very well. Plus, it's TINY! It takes forever to do my entire face with this brush! However, I have found that this brush is pretty good for cream blushes. I'm not a huge cream blush user but I do have one. This brush is great for that. If I could go back, I wouldn't have purchased this. It was $16, I believe? To think for that price + shipping I could have bought a nice Sigma brush! At least it's getting a bit of use in the blush department.