Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 1/8/2014 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

this is the greatest product ever.wheever I use it with a make up brush everyone say what a beautiful face light and pure and very beautiful there is a secret use it with brush otherwise not very no make up look or pure beuty.definitely buy again.

on 1/5/2014 2:03:00 AM

For those who aren't loving this, I have a secret for you: apply it with a damp Beauty Blender (Sephora or Ulta) and you will FALL IN LOVE. It gives a perfect airbrushed finished without being overdone and lasts ALL DAY LONG. I can't see myself ever using anything else at this point. I have combo skin with freckles, acne scars and noticeable pores, but not with this foundation! My skin looks amazing and I am getting compliments on how great my skin is - ha! If you aren't familiar with the beauty blender, watch a few videos on YouTube to make sure you know how to use it first.

on 1/1/2014 8:15:00 PM

Im actually kind of surprised at some of the bad reviews for this.
For me, this is a reallllyyyy nice foundation but Ive had to play around with it a bit to make it work. I used the traditional Double Wear many moons ago and couldnt find a colour match. They were either too pale and pink or too warm and peach. Enter the sample of Intensity 1 of the DW Light and its almost perfect...just a touch too warm but I make it work.
Anyway!
I see the EL ladies recommend this for dry skin ladies instead of traditional DW but I would not agree with that....definitely not for anyone outisde the Normal/Combo skin type.
Ive tried applying this with fingers and it was just ok. Traditional foundation brush, meh could be better. Then I hit the jackpot with Real Techniques buffing brush. It really gives me the airbrush finish. It literally makes my pores look almost invisible.
It does not have the coverage of the traditional DW but you certainly shouldnt expect it to with Light in the name (Hello?!)! Its definite medium coverage and buildable with the real techniques brush. You will need concealer on blemishes but thats ok.
It wears really well....I get about 6-8 hours of 'flawless' wear before it comes a bit greasy patchy but its definitely not really obvious or the worst Ive experienced.
I gave this a 4 overall cause, in a perfect world, id have a better colour match but I imagine the .5 would be perfect but they dont sell it in Australia.

on 12/30/2013 12:02:00 PM

Works ok when i'm tanned in the lighter shade 01, it oxidizes to orange a bit so i started using it to cover, my brownish dark circles under my eyes and it worked wonders for a while but now it's drying my under eye area.

on 12/27/2013 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

This is better for me than the regular DBl Wear but I still have to mix with another foundation to get it to hide my scars and redness. The colors it comes in is not the greatest. I would return it but I hadn't had time to go back out of town cause I don't want to return it here in my hometown as I don't want to hurt the girl's feelings that sold it to me. As long as I mix with a drugstore foundation it works fine but I will go back to Lancôme foundations even though they are drying when all of this is used up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Pros: Blended reasonably well. Stayed on better than some.

Cons: The lightest shade (0.5) was still too dark. Poor coverage (didn't hide my rosacea redness). Not buildable.

on 11/30/2013 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

OMG no! After 5 minutes of putting it on, the lines around my eyes looked so exaggerated I looked liked I'd aged 20 years in 5 minutes! Immediately washed it off and thanked GOD that I asked for a sample and didn't pay for it...YUCK!

on 11/25/2013 6:45:00 AM

I have searched far and wide for a decent foundation. There was always something wrong - not enough staying power, broke me out in spots, too greasy, poor colour range, too matt, too duey or sticky, too powdery, oxidised, smelled bad, too heavy coverage not enough coverage etc etc!
I dismissed double wear as I tried the standard old formular years ago and was put off by how thick it was. My friend told me about the double wear light version so i thought I would give it a try but was expecting it to be too heavy for me (I like to feel natural and look as natural as possible).
This stuff is fantastic, although its a small colour range, the shades are actually skin coloured and not yellow, orange or bright pink! Intensity 01 is the best match I have ever found in a foundation. It goes on beautfully, stays on all day, doesnt touch off on clothes, feels like you have not got anything and looks just like your own skin but better.
Nothing more to say really - you have to try it.

on 11/18/2013 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

My best friend had been raving about this foundation for years. I simply thought they would not have my color because I'm darker than she is, so I'd say, "that's good! I'm glad you like your foundation." , and move on. Recently I had been on a quest to find my HG foundation. I was looking for something that could handle my crazy sensitive dry skin. I wanted to look dewey, but natural. I can't stand the look of cakey powdery foundation. I had a nasty experience with MAC's BB cream (cystic acne). Whatever foundation I got had to work for me.

Enter Estée Lauder Double Wear Light. I went to Macy's counter and asked the MA to help me. I really wanted to shut my best friend up. I hate it when she's right. This stuff is amazing! My skin looked like healthy natural skin. Not a cakey mess. It covered some acne scars, but matched my skin tone perfectly. The MA matched me to the new formula, intensity 6.0. I'm so sold on this stuff! It doesn't budge, has not broke me out, and looks good all day. I actually look forward to wearing it. Even though it's pricey, it's definitely worth it. I will definitely pay $40 for this because it's worth every penny. Did I tell you that a little goes a long way? I'm still on the sample bottle the MA gave me and that was a month ago. This stuff is truly remarkable!

on 11/11/2013 5:39:00 PM

I bought this after trying EL double wear foundation which I found too thick, heavy and drying. Double wear light is much better, it still gives the coverage but is much lighter and glides onto the skin matching perfectly with my skin tone. I love this foundation as it leaves my skin looking good but not obviously made up, very natural. It does not break me out which many products and other foundations do. Only gave 4 stars as does not give great coverage if you have any blemishes.