July 28, 2014 | 2058 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Naturally Ageless Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i took my time to really try this out for 2 months before writing a review. i love how it doesn't have any strong scents and how it melts into my skin. it gives me a nice glow..but it doesn't last all day..especially when i put foundation over my face. i've used this morning and night for 2 full months and see no results. fine wrinkles still looks the same...but i like to think i'm using it for prevention for any new ones. i have dry skin so i still need to follow it w/ a moisturizer as it's not moisturizing enough by itself for me. it doesn't break me out either. not the best skin care product ever..but certainly not the worst. if it were at least moisturizing enough alone for my dry skin i would give it a 5. cost me $24-25 at walmart.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 9:01:00 AM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because of the good reviews, but was not very impressed. I am not sure that it made any visible difference in the appearance of my skin (after 2 months) and I have slightly more breakouts because of it. The increase in breakouts was not severe, but I am not happy with it. I did like the smell, and the feel of my skin after. I will not buy again though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I won't buy this again, but I did think it was okay. I used the entire bottle with not a single change in my skin, which I never really expect but would love someday to be surprised by a product;) This does sink in beautifully, as if it's not even there, so I just hoped it was doing something antioxidant wise when I wore it. The bottle on this is rediculous to me. Clear glass, so breakable and no light protection for the product. I kept it in the box for that reason, adding another step to my morning, which I could deal with, but right away the dropper didn't want to suck up product, so I just let it drip on my hand. But I simply think $24 for a tiny bottle of oil that doesn't function properly and doesn't appear to make much difference to my skin is too much. Jojoba oil did the same thing for me, but it was about $10 for much larger bottle. Not a repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 8:48:00 AM More reviews by chickadeeluvr

I'm hesitant to say that this serum has any positive effects in regards to looking ageless, or reducing fine lines and wrinkles, but it has been wonderful as a supplemental layer of moisture on my face this winter. I'm not getting those annoying flakes of skin that make my foundation look awful and blotchy. I have somewhat sensitive skin but haven't had a problem with breakouts. It sinks in well, too, so I don't feel like I've just applied a layer of oil to my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Ifke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a cocktail of natural and essential oils. I like that.
My problem is very high amount of jojoba oil, which leaves my skin in rash. There are some other essential oils in there that my skin does not tolerate well. I understand that rosehip, pomegranate and primrose oil are very expensive, and the manufacturer had to use more affordable fillers to keep the product affordable.
I like the idea of potent natural oils, which is why I'll purchase some rosehip oil; primrose oil and pomegranate extract and mix it together. That way Iíll have my own highly potent serum without all those other unnecessary oils that irritate my skin.
WARNING:
Ladies and gents with acne / oily skin types will tolerate this serum better than dry or sensitive type. Jojoba oil seems to help out get rid off of excess oil and acne in most cases. If you decide to mix your own concoction I can suggest web site I use called Mountain Rose Herbs, just goggle it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by smatthews

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my Burt, you just stole my heart. My perfectly imperfect self has never taken kindly to oils. But here we are, and I adore you. For you are heaven-sent, indeed. So off I go, with my new found glow.
Update: Discontinued use after a month (Burt turned rancid). Sadly relegated to Jekyll and Hyde status.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by MarieG801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, this stuff works. I'm a hard person to please with skin products, as I have acne, acne scars, oily skin, while at the same time my face gets REAL dry and flakey. I'm not afraid of using oils on my face however, so I tried this. This is really good. It's all natural, and I love it. I can't say it's very moisturizing however. I use it after a retinol cream, so i'm sure if I didn't use the retinol, it would be more moisturizing. I've been in a battle with acne and scars for about 7 years now, and this has helped significantly. It is an oil, but right after you put it on, it sinks right in, and does not make your face greasy. It helped significantly with my acne scars (and i've only used it so far for about 7 weeks) and it helps control my breakouts. It hasn't stopped them completely, but they've definitely died down. I have tried every serum, moisturizer, and cream you can think of over the past 7 years, both natural and not. This is seriously amazing. I can't say how it is on wrinkles, as I don't have any. I also dot it under my eyes as well. It gave me a little millia at first, but went totally away after a week, and it seems like it's helped for under-eye circles as well! The dropper is also great. Love it.

EDIT: I've been using this now for 8 months and I STILL love it. I'm no longer using retinol, just an AHA cream and this keeps my skin from drying out, even in the winter. It continues to keep my skin clear and keeps scars from forming. I use it under my eyes too and I have absolutely no dark circles or wrinkles. I barely wear any makeup anymore!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Saved my skin again this year, first, from the retin a trials, now, from the winter and the retinol. I don't have dry skin normally but my face was red, stinging, blotchy, itchy, etc. I started using 2 to 3 droplets in my moisturizer and my skin just looks and feels perfect. I even ventured into the daytime with this stuff. I used to use it at night only thinking that the oils would surface my skin midday and disturb my makeup and sunblock. Shockingly, my makeup, sunblock, & powder hold up longer. No more, surfacing of powder or titaniuim based makeup to the surface while separation occurs. My skin is less oily and very hydrated. I am going to try and mix 2 drops with the vichy aqua thermalia serum tomorrow before I put my block and makeup over it. The important thing to remember with this product is that it absorbs and works better when mixed with a moisturizer or serum. Otherwise, it tends to lay on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by belindajbutler

I tried using this product around my eyes and on forehead lines. It broke my skin out - but it's only fair to say that I have sensitive skin so I won't hold that against BB. I do use it on my cuticles with great success! I love the BB line and would repurchase this product, not for the face, but other dry patchy areas as well as the cuticles!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by highheeled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to find this on clearance at Walgreen's! And boy, am I glad I did not pay full price, because this serum broke me out like wild. After a week or so of using it nightly, I had to stop - I had pimples all over my face!. Another Burt's Bees product bites the dust.