September 21, 2014 | 1886 users online

Concealers - Becca - Concealer compact

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by whatever05

I liked this concealer but faded after a couple of hours.Also, it doesn't absorb in the skin well and doesn't cover up my blemishes and acne scars much. Maybe I'm not applying it right so if any of you have some tips send me a message.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have this becca concealer in meringue. i have pretty pale skin with terrible dark circles under my eyes that can NEVER be completely covered no matter what it seems. after reading about this concealer several places i bought it to try on my circles. the girl at sephora helped match my skin and i guess it matches decently, although i get the waaaay too white compared to the rest of my face rings under my eyes from it. used on blemishes or other little imperfections (like the redness around nose) this is pretty good, but under eyes it is AWFUL. much, much too dry to spread around and requires hard tugging. plus it just doesn't blend well at all, and no matter how much heavy duty moisturizer i use before, it always makes the skin under my eyes look dry and aging (and i'm 24!!!). so i guess for smaller, non blending areas i'd give it an ok, but for dark circles a no way.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by dulcemiel83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though this concealer matched my skin perfectly (I'm MAC NC-40ish and I used the Becca concealer in Macadamia), I can't continue to wear it because it makes me break out. I think I'm sensitive to the avacado oil in it*. I can still use this stuff to cover under-eye circles, however I'm gona return it because I don't want to put anything on my face that clogs my pores.

*NOTE: not all oils are comedogenic and not everything that's oil-free is non-comedogenic. Example: MINERAL OIL in cosmetics IS NONCOMEDOGENIC, while SODIUM CHLORIDE (SALT) IS VERY COMEDOGENIC and irritating to the skin . It all depends on what someone is sensitive to, and the amount of the ingredient that's present in the product, so LOOK AT THE INGREDIENTS LIST!!!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2006 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Danielle82

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

PROS: So many colors to choose from and it gives AMAZING coverage because there are two sides to the compact. One for extra coverage, one for normal coverage. There's also a mirror in the tiny compact, which is a must for me.

CONS: So many colors to choose from (I recommend having your face matched by a professional. They guy who did mine tried around 3 different colors before he chose Banana, the PERFECT shade), and it seemed to run out fast. Maybe becuase I used it everyday! Plus it's a little on the expensive side. Personally I think it's way worth it though.

Texture: The product itself is firm, and I recommend using a concealer brush becuase if you try to rub it in to your finger, you'll end up needing to press hard, wasting the amazing-ness that is the Becca Concealer.

Coverage: The perfect amount. Having an extra coverage as well as a normal one is great if you have a really red pimple or you didn't get that much sleep the night before. Used lightly it's GREAT for hiding blotchiness.

I highly, highly recommend this product if you have money to spend and you're looking for a flawless concealer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an OK concealer....but i dont find it so HG as others. I have my HG under eye concealer (GA recision retouch) which i love and so was looking for something i can put on occasionally spots and blemishes. Well the fact this concealer comes in so many shades is a good thing and bad in my opinion. Ok, so its good to go outside the 'light, med, dark' range and include a couple of others, but 34????lol I was between about 3 or 4 shades and couldnt decide which one to get. The SA suggested my best choice was macademia....and in store lighting it looked a good match. However when I got home I realised its too yellow and slightly too dark. And I paid 30 for this tiny compact!!!! I couldnt even take it back cus id lost my receipt. The colour was just off altogether for my nc30 skin, even when i got more tanned it was still too yellow. Anyway the texture is ok, but in my opinion doesnt look that natural on, slightly cakey. its an OK concealer, even better if u can find a colour match but for me at 30 to find a product just 'OK' its not worth re purchasing.I will try LM next or BB

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2006 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Maielle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Becca is one of my fav brand. The best part of Becca is they offer a wide range of colors to match ANY skin tone...i mean any!The dual concealer is my best concealer, yet. Remember, right side is for lighter coverage..under eye circles while the left is for heavier coverage..PIMPLES! People are amazed how I covered their pimple. The profucd is pretty pricey, but a little goes a long way. You must apply this w/ a concealer brush to get the best effect. Hope this helps. I'm asian and the color Macadamia matches me best.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2006 8:15:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

There're reasons why I give this concealer only 3 lippies.

PROS: There're soo many colors to choose from. I counted. 34 colors! THIRTY-FOUR! I read great reviews here and was excited when I went to sephora to get this. At Becca shelf, I was bombarded with color choices. There're just way too many, I didn't know where to start. I was torn between 3-4 colors and couldn't decide which one matched my skin tone BEST. I'm NW25-30, light-medium skin. Finally I chose Banana. In sephora light, it blended right into my skin.

But when I got home, I put it under my eyes and on my cheeks. It was a little too light for me, and it looked quite unnatural --- somewhat ashy and cakey. I carefully applied with a concealer brush, and it was still unnatural. So the following morning, I gave it another try. My undereyes are not oily, but also not dry. But this concealer gave my undereyes a look of dry, flaky skin with GREY tone. I showed the result to my coworker and she agreed that it didn't look natural.

A note on packaging: It's rubber, like NARS and smashbox packaging. BUT it's BROWN. That's another thing I don't like. I have some NARS items in my makeup bag, and Becca's brown packaging looks OLD because it's brown. The concealer compact is a little hard to open.

Texture: The product sits very firmly in the compact. You kind of need a BRUSH to use it. You can use your finger, sure, but you'll waste tons of product because you have to press and rub to grab the product on your finger.

Coverage: On my skin, both sides provide same coverage. One is a *little* creamier, but still too dry for undereyes (And I have oily skin!). The extra-coverage side is good if you use a small-tip concealer brush.

I didn't mean to write an essay on this concealer. Makeup is a YMMV thing, so i'm glad this concealer works for many. Maybe it just isn't for me. Hope this long essay helped someone :) Enjoy concealer hunting. (Note: I finally found my HG concealer: Benefit Boi-ing. Very natural finish for my undereyes.)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I may have found my HG concealer. Becca's compact concealer has 2 sides - a drier consistency for blemishes (max coverage) and a slightly more wet consistency for undereyes (medium coverage). The blemish concealer does a great job... blends easily and has opaque coverage. The undereye side is creamy enough to blend and covers great without settling into fine lines. I like that it sets fairly well without powder, as that just creates more fine lines for me. My only complaint (and it's pretty small), I wish there was more undereye stuff than blemish. But that's my issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 3:23:00 PM More reviews by cjpretzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great concealer for blemishes and uneven skin tone. There are so many shades that I highly recommend going into the store to get the best color match. I use both shades of the compact depending on how tan I am and what consistency of coverage I need. This is definately the best concealer I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2006 7:25:00 PM More reviews by babybeanus

This is the best concealer I have ever used. I have melasma on my cheeks and brige of my nose and this is the ONLY product that has ever come close to providing the coverage I need. A makeup artist at Sephora applied this and I was completely amazed. It is highly pigmented so I only use the full cover for the melasma and the medium coverage for other blemishes. It is expensive but I would pay double for what it accomplishes. Getting the right color can be tricky if you if you have to order online. I am an NC 20-25, Prescriptives Fresh Champange, JI Warm Silk. I am currently using 'Tahini' but I will probably order a shade lighter the next time, but it is very close to the perfect shade. For those who think it is too dry, I have found that it works best to moisturize the area first and using a concealer brush--put the product on the back of your hand and mix it around with the brush to warm it up first!