July 30, 2014 | 1039 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like Ecotools brushes in general. They're affordable, environmentally responsible, use sustainable products, cruelty free, and they donate part of their profit to sustainability projects.
This was the first set I bought and I still love it.

* Blush Brush
I love it and I use it for my mineral powder too. It's super soft and fluffy and sometimes I just brush it under my jawline even if I'm not actually applying anything just because it feels nice. :P

* Eye Shading Brush
It's soft, although not as soft as the rest of the brushes, but it doesn't poke my eye or scratch at my skin or anything.

* Eyeliner Brush
It's really easy to use and gives you great manoeuvrability and precision which I love because I hate the panda-eyed look. I use it both to line my eyes with gel or eye shadow, or to smudge my pencil liner a bit so it's more soft-looking

* Lash & Brow Groomer
At first I didn't think I was going to use these much, but I use both of them once or so a week when I groom my eyebrows. I think they've made a difference with how much cleaner they look :)

* Concealer Brush
I use this to spot-conceal my dark circles and marks on my skin and it works fine for that. If you like covering all your flaws, especially in tricky places, this might be a bit of a let down.

Highly recommend! They haven't shed on me, they're easy to clean, and the bag they come in is nice. There's really no need for more expensive brushes, these are great quality and environmentally responsible.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by nicolemcnally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

these are the best brushes ever! they are incledibly soft and make everything look ten times better, buy or regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Clare46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked my set up at Longs Drugs Ala Moana and I think it is excellent value for money. I paid $11 which I thought was a great price.

I have to say the makeup brush does stipple a bit and I have to smooth these out.

I would definitely buy again as I can't afford the prices for MAC etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Blush Brush: Perfect size for me and gives great application. I though it picked up the product really well and my blusher went on perfectly.
Eyeshadow Brush: This is my first eyeshadow brush (I suaully just used those spong applicators) so I haven't much to compare it to but I thought it was pretty good. I was able to apply my eyeshadow with no problems and I think my eyeshadow stayed on a bit longer too.
Concealer Brush: Love this. My other store brand concealer brush was useless so I'm glad to have found this. Great for both undereye circles and blemishes.
Eyeliner Brush: I use pencil liner so I used this instead to fill in my eyebrows with my eyebrow shadows. Worked great.
Eyebrow brush: I've wanted one of these for ages so I'm glad this was part of the set. It gives my eyebrows and nice natural look and the eyelash brush made my lashes fan out beautifully.

No complaints, really. The bristles all all brushes are so soft I often had too much make up on because I loved how they felt on my skin. :P

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by alove15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Blush Brush: The brush is great for applyin blush to just the apples or for blending up. It never sheds. It can also moonlight as a powder brush. The pointed tip also makes it a decent highlight applicator.

Eyeshadow Brush: Its a bit flat for an eyeshadow and I find that I can really only use it for my base shadow. However, iit is definitely great quality.

Concealer Brush: I love this brush for blending out under eye concealer. it also works well on blemishes although my studio fix fluid usually covers all my blemishes w/o concealer.

Eyeliner Brush: Great for using eyeshadow as liner or for filling in my eyebrows

Eyebrow/Lash groomer: Not a must have but comes in handy with clumped mascara. The brush is great for setting the eyebrows for a natural look.

This was my first set of brushes and I am still so glad I purchased it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Umm, This was an okay set for me, I dont think they're really fab, but they're decent enough for the price that you pay. The handle I felt were all kinda flimsy except the blush brush. The quality of the bristles are soft:

-Blush bush=Not my fave, it's soft and fluffy and doesnt feel scratchy, but it doesnt do a good job at picking up product. So not my fave. Doesnt blend my blush nicely either.
-Eyeliner brush=Not great, when i tried dipping it into my gel liner it got really stiff and applying was a nightmare! Not great either.
-The lash/brow groomer=is quite excellent, i feel that it blends my brow pencil in beautifully as the bristles were quite firm.
As for the concealer and the eye shading brush, cant really comment cuz i've never found a use for them yet.
Overall, i find that the 5 piece mineral brush set performed way better than this albeit that being short and awkward to use. This isnt my face brush set. If you own other h/e line brushes. Best to skip this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by MasonK136

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell in love with these when I brought these home from the drugstore. They are so soft. I use them everyday. I absolutely love to put powder on because I love to feel the brush sweep across my face. The eye shadow brushes are fantastic and precise. Well worth every penny and easy to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by lwsege

Great bargain buy!! I got this in a bamboo cup and they are so cute in great in quality. Definitely recommend!!!

(1) Blush Brush
Soft and great, nothing to complain with. Apply perfectly for my Nars and Mac blushers.

(2) Eye Shading Brush
A bit stiff but still work well in padding in an overall eyeshadow to the eyelid.

(3) Eyeliner Brush
Great and use perfectly with my BB gel eyeliner, eyeshadows,etc. Can be use for tightlining, creating a sharp and precise eyeliner, eyebrows as well.

(4) Lash & Brow Groomer
Great (which is really out of my expectation)! I first use a eyebrow pencil to draw my eyebrow, then follow by using it to smudge the color. It's AWESOME! Nice and even! Another side is broken due to some accident,hahaha~ But it used to be a good lashes separator thou!

(5) Concealer Brush
Great!! Works perfectly for all of my concealer texture-wise.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bemyanchor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this brush set. The brushes are sooo soft and lovely to use, especially since my skin is quite dry and sensitive. Everything applies so nicely, and without the irritation of too-stiff bristles or animal hair allergies.

The little pouch it comes with is nice. Personally, I don't carry makeup in my purse aside from lipgloss, but if you do carry it around with you, the pouch is the perfect size for a small stash and will keep all of your products together. Might use it for travel, but I think it might be a bit too small for all of my products.

Powder/Blush brush: sooo soft and luxuriously fluffy. The bristles are just stiff enough to give great application (I use a lot of powder products) without being uncomfortable against the skin. It's stayed soft and kept its shape well even after several washes.

Concealer brush: it is what it is. Personally, I really prefer a pointed concealer brush to get into the inner corner of my eyes easily, so this one is a bit too big for my taste. But it's what you would expect from a concealer brush, and again, it has the super soft bristles that make it comfortable to use.

Eyeshadow brush: great for applying color to large patches of skin, but not really for creases. I use this often to apply my base color and then use a smaller eyeshadow brush to add contouring colors in the crease. Lovely all-around brush. Could also be useful for applying powder to set concealer under the eyes or on blemishes.

Angled brush: Probably the one I use the least, since I use a pencil for my eyebrows and a liquid liner pen for eyeliner. But for applying dark shadows as liner, this brush is great. Just stiff enough to get precise application, but soft so that you don't feel like you're stabbing yourself in the eyes. The angle is great for lining both the top and bottom lid without it feeling awkward.

Eyebrow/lash brush: I never really use the lash side of these type of brushes because the teeth of the comb are always too thick to really separate the lashes, and this brush is no different. However, the brow side is fantastic because the bristles are soft, but still firm enough to help tame my unruly brows.

Overall, I don't think you can find a better set of brushes for the price. I think I paid $12 total, and I would have paid double that for this level of quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by figuresk8r92

I absolutely love these brushes! I think was the first set of brushes that I purchased on my own, actually. I've had them for quite a while now. I threw away the little brush roll, since I keep my makeup in storage drawers. So that was kind of a waste. But the brushes themselves are wonderful. The powder brush is soft and fluffy, and has never shed on me. I've used it for liquid, creme, and powder foundations and it does a wonderful job blending. The concealer brush is probably my least favorite of the set, but I prefer a flat top brush to begin with. It's still high quality. The angled brush is great, I primarily use it to apply my MAC Fluidline. As for the eyeshadow? brush, I actually lost it. So I can't comment on that one. The eyebrow brush is good, no complaints but it didn't wow me, not that I expected it to. Overall, a great investment since they were completely inexpensive and have become my favorite brushes.